FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Missiz Freezz heal bug

By Pandaftw-pain - SUBSCRIBER - March 28, 2018, 18:45:55
Reactions 101
Score : 13301

fireswordmaster|2018-07-01 17:31:10
Im no expert but from the moment I encountered this series of bugs I concluded that it was caused by the change, "Certain triggered effects can now trigger other triggered effects". Maybe im wrong and this is not the case, but I still cant comprehend how it would take so long to determine the cause of these bugs. This is seriously sad at this point

Unless Ankama isn't using any sort of version control software, this should be trivial to identify what change caused the bug. Tools like git-bisect have existed longer than this game has, and we know which patch introduced the bug, so there's only a select number of changes which could have caused it.

This is just yet another excuse given from the developers to the CMs to give to us, expecting us to believe it at face value. If they truly can't identify it, there's something truly wrong, and it isn't just the code I'm referring to there.
6 0
Score : -1931

Nerd-Tease|2018-07-02 05:09:13

Unless Ankama isn't using any sort of version control software, this should be trivial to identify what change caused the bug. Tools like git-bisect have existed longer than this game has, and we know which patch introduced the bug, so it there's only a select number of changes which could have caused it.

This is just yet another excuse given from the developers to the CMs to give to us, expecting us to believe it at face value. If they truly can't identify it, there's something truly wrong, and it isn't just the code I'm referring to there.

Exactly the thought I had too.
6 -3
Score : 172

This bug is months old they changed the way pushback works in 2.45 I think 
and this is a  side effect

0 0

snaxy|2018-07-02 07:43:47
This bug is months old they changed the way pushback works in 2.45 I think 
and this is a  side effect

Doesn't matter how old it is... There are tools in every major version control software designed to track these sorts of things and their origins down.

Lets say you had 10,000 changes between the last known good behavior of missiz and the current (and there should be far fewer than that as this bug was introduced in a single patch)

Test for the expected behavior at the 5kth change, toss out half the changes for consideration based on if the behavior is seen or not.
Test again at either 2.5kth or 7.5kth
Test again at 1.25k, 3.75k, 6.25k, or 8.75k based on which of the above + results....

(cont..)
This needs at most 14 tries to find the exact location in 10,000 changes a behavior changed, and we've already established that 10,000 changes is an unlikely number

If you're curious at all about this, lookup binary search trees, but the general number to be checked can be expressed as:

the smallest real, positive integer value of n where two to the power of n is larger than the number of changes to be checked.

A 12-year old with source code access and Google could have found the offending section of code in an afternoon. That's not to say they could have provided a satisfactory fix, but according to what we are being told, the cause of the bug hasn't been identified.

[Manaia]|2018-06-29 06:11:03
Hey guys,

First of all, on behalf of Ankama, I would like to express my most sincere apologies for how long this bug has been pending.
It has been three months since it was mentioned on community forums; your frustration is understandable and justified.

We were really confident it would have been fixed with the 2.47 release. I also apologise for the disappointment you most certainly felt upon realising the problem hasn't been resolved.

I understand some believe the Missiz Freeze bugs were either ignored or not deemed important enough to be addressed, but I can assure you this isn't true. 
The difficulty and complexity in identifying the source of the different Missiz Freeze bugs have been the causes for the delay. The tests and "exploration" began once issues were reported but there were a lot of different scenarios to review, and the problem was proving to be more complex by the day. 
With the help of the community feedback and information - which was passed on by the CMs -, the dev team was able to replicate the bugs. After a tremendous amount of testing, they concluded that all of them have a common point of origin. Tests are currently being performed in order to identify and correct it as quickly as possible. 
I cannot stress enough the level of complexity linked to this problem. 

As of this moment, I am unable to give you a time frame as to when the bugs will be fixed, but they are being worked on. We have continuously reported and escalated the topic internally and will continue to do so. It is a high priority topic. 
As soon as we have new information on this subject, we will update this thread. 

Once again, our sincere apologies to you all for the problem. Thank you for all the feedback you have shared and for reading this. 

Emphasis mine.
6 0

Hi everyone,

We are coming back with more information to share and update you.

"We are aware that the issue with Missiz Freezz's Snowdrifts greatly increases the difficulty of completing the dungeon, and especially to validate the achievements.

The dungeon remains however feasible, and after various tests, it appears to us that correcting this issue presents too great of a risk of creating new unwanted effects.

Therefore it was safer to decide to not deploy a fix during the next update.

We are still currently brainstorming in the hope of finding a satisfactory solution to this problem for everyone."

Score : 1871
sleep ... speechless
0 0

Unwilling or unable to create a fix in 105 days, for a problem which would have been detected before going live if a developer even spent a single round in the dungeons impacted by the changes, or if any integrated testing was in place (but "they totally did internal testing, and didn't need the players to be able to go in dungeons"), and also unwilling to remove the change which caused it?

I cannot believe that they are taking this with any measure of seriousness without having to believe incompetence mixed with an inability to admit fault.

Take your pick, neither one is good.

And at the end of the day, I'm hearing weak excuses. Who actually is responsible for them isn't really important, the official responses from Ankama on it are just statements which anyone who has even the remotest bit of development experience knows can't be fully accurate.

7 -1
Score : 178

Do I get banned for openly and heavily insulting and coursing a considerable part of the Ankama staff?

Go tell your grandma Count+MissFrizz is still feasible.

ps: I noticed I can't post anything anymore in this thread with my other account kamycazi. Coincidence? I don't think so. 

7 -1

Heavily insulting and cursing isn't something I would recommend to do, however while we understand the frustration, there are constructive ways, even if it's a negative feedback, to share your opinion. As CMs we are here to get your voices heard and have done so, however again it is better to make your opinion count when posting than being moderated. Thank you for understanding this. smile

As far as your account with the nickname kamycazi, I do not see any sanctions but if you do experience any issue with that account please contact our support service team so that they can have a deeper look.

Score : -1931

It is indeed scary that the developers have lost control and overview of the game files.

6 -4

Currently it isn't a matter of losing control of the game files, which isn't the case, it is more about trying to make sure to not create more problems by applying a quick fix until a proper resolution can be implemented, which simply requires more time.

We do understand the community and please trust that we are your advocates here too. smile

Score : 3158

The devs are just hilarious at this point...

When there was a bug with Queen of Thieves' bombs and old osa's whip which made the fight easier with osa - the devs fixed it right away next maintenance (made bombs invulnerable from osa's whip);
When there was a bug with Merkator mobs' AI and elio portal which made the dungeon run an autowin with elio - the devs fixed the AI right away next maintenance (mobs no longer stuck at portals);
When pandas abused old vertigo spell (MP poison) vs Anerice which allowed Anerice to be easily killed despite the damage sustain - the devs gave Anerice invulnerability vs vertigo right away next maintenance;
Now recently people have been using full tank panda + random char for Ilyzaelle's autowin full achievement, the devs immediately gave Etorch mob 200 dodge and cowardly AI to ruin that tactic;
Speaking of Missiz Freezz as well, remember several years ago, long time before endgame dungeon nerfs, a sram could easily solo Missiz Freezz using invisibility, and shortly after that devs gave Missiz Freezz ability to remove the char's invisibility;

And here we are with Missiz Freezz and with devs not even trying do come up with a solution simply because the dungeon is not easier than intended. I bet if there was some abusable autowin tactic with the current system the devs would be the 1st to immediately change the system without caring about any other repercussions.

13 0
Score : 954

Maybe it was too easy, so they decided to fix it by increasing difficulty and dragging it on for as long as possible, until we forget all about it biggrinbiggrin

2 0
Score : -326

It's not just freezz though, there are several other bugs stemming from the 2.46 trigger change, such as:

• lavasmith and lucky star (ecaflip spell) getting triggered by payos (and friendly remission?)
  • Spookoth clones hurt owner when taking MADNESS II AoE damage
  • Bashillus getting reset when receiving watchers or dokoko heals
If the devs don't want to revert the trigger changes, they should probably be addingn exceptions. But fixes are long overdue, just like the castuc juice.
8 -1
Score : 4380

Oh man, I thought I was going crazy because I could've sworn dokoko didn't trigger rest for Bash and then when playing after coming back from a break...I was stuck in a fight for ages because it kept resetting....

1 0
Score : 2214

Hiya - it's 4 months after the bug was reported on this thread - any news on a fix?

Thanks,

anjulica

4 0

So, at this point, if the devs are still having this much trouble figuring out how to handle this, it might be time for an alternative. Just remove the effect where pushback causes healing and pushback damage causes players to take erosion and damage and be done with it. The devs clearly do not care enough to provide a real solution or to undo the ill-considered change of triggered effects triggering triggered effects

Would this make it easier than intended? Absolutely, but it's a lot better to make an old dungeon easier than to be adversarial with players about fixing a problem the devs created.

1 0
Score : 490

Hopefully this wont be around for another 5+ years like some of the older bugs that were in place for so long x.x

0 0
Score : 783

Soo... any news????? It's been a month since the last update on the bug... I suppose Ankama has realised how fast dofus is dying so they are using all of their time and resources to create a new game with the success of dofus...

2 0
Score : 305

It is a joke dungeon, very easy, why people make such problem out of it...

0 -9

Giorgi-Giorgi-123|2018-08-23 16:13:05
It is a joke dungeon, very easy, why people make such problem out of it...

Easy for you, me, and many others, but still unacceptable to ignore a bug which heavily impacts newly high level players for this long. 
0 0
Score : 954

Any news on this?

0 0
Score : 13

Still no fix? Lmfao.

0 0
Score : 140

Yea on the french forum they said that they ran some tests and that when they did fix the problem, they created more bugs so they decided to leave it like that. It's incredible I've never seen something like that, they just said f it. 

Wasn't able to do it with my sadi team

0 0
Score : 131

When will this bug get fixing? Yes it is still ''doable'' but only if you are able to either outhit the heals or outtank the damage... There is so much pushing going on that it is almost impossible to avoid getting pushed into a wall getting a lot of damage and erosion. Either fix the bug or get rid of the healing / damage for a while until there is a fix.

0 0
Respond to this thread