FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

2.48 update problems

By MbIP - SUBSCRIBER - September 19, 2018, 15:01:54
AnkaTracker

As of recently there were no problems, I could login/play normally. Then I started Dofus today after a ~month of break...

The Updater requested WINE (the Windows compatibility layer for Linux) to be installed all of sudden.
Ok, I installed WINE.

Now 1 run out of 2 I get the WINE alert "Adobe AIR":"Initial content could not be found for this application. Try re-installing or contacting the publisher for assistance".
That does not prevent game from starting o.O

My account name on the login screen is forgotten, and my Shield certificate is gone.
Seriously?

Then, as I went through "Deactivate restricted mode" routine I get "The service is currently unavailable. Please try again later" message.
Wait, SERIOUSLY???

1 0
First Ankama intervention

A patch was deployed this afternoon for Linux related issues.
Could you please try again and let me know how you got on?

If the problems persist, please don't hesitate to reply to this thread, providing screenshots.

See message in context
Reactions 19

A patch was deployed this afternoon for Linux related issues.
Could you please try again and let me know how you got on?

If the problems persist, please don't hesitate to reply to this thread, providing screenshots.

Score : 141

Ok, I decided to make a clean test and start it from the blank. I uninstalled everything related - DOFUS and WINE - and rebooted my computer.

1. I downloaded the installer from https://www.dofus.com/en/mmorpg/download, it correctly provided me with Linux 64bit option. There wasn't any problems downloading it either.
  2. I launched the game, it opened the Updater, downloaded everything it wanted, then demanded for WINE: 
  3. Ok, I installed WINE back and was able to open the main game window. So far, the only improvement was the absence of that Adobe AIR alert. There's no sound (cannot prove that with screen, sorry). The shop items at the bottom are missing their images (I want to stress it here that I'm dealing with the fresh clean install): 
  4. Then I logged in and had the same trouble with the Shield as described above, if fails on the "Send Email" step: 

So, there we have it. I've submitted a ticked to support with regard to the Shield problems, but other inconveniences are no sneezing matter too.
0 0
Score : 51

adding Wine to the Linux version was a mistake

0 0
Score : 338

It was neccessary, since adobe dropped native AIR support on linux. Didn't you got AIR error messages until this switch?

0 -1

Okay, now its wine. Running by far better than expected. I think it was a good choice to drop the unsupported native AIR client.

Problems that i am working on:

Sometimes suddenly one of my accounts stops to accept (any) keyboard commands. Neither shortcuts nor regular chat messages. Need to restart that client to fix it.

The 2nd thing: I looks like Wine with Dofus is running out of memory. While switching maps some may doesn't get fully loaded and all i can see is a "sneary" black map. Could it be the reason that i am running 32bit wine Dofus and memory cannot exeed 3GB? Should  be not enough for 4 Dofus accounts.

Any help? smile

0 0
Score : 3045

Ok, it is not possible to play like at all. So far I figured the following screens that freeze the game completely with no means of proceeding:

1. (critical) Spells Panel:
  2. (critical) Ensembles Panel:
  3. (critical) Spell Bar on Bottom Panel (it freezes when I try to switch to it from items view):
    So far it doesn't seem at all I can see ANYTHING spell-related on my screen.
  4. (average to low) Paddocks Tab in Social Panel (it freezes when I try to switch to that tab so it does not actually displays it):
0 0
Score : 79

Same things to me, sometimes it freezes everything like you, but not so often.. sometimes after some fight or after a recall.I have not been able to make the sounds work yet after the update :blink:

0 0

I cant even start a fight Dofus freezes everytime i do, its been 5 days now from the update and nothing changed .....

0 0
Score : 13429

Game is literally unplayable on linux right now. Previous Air version was working just fine. Don't know who in their right mind approved this change with how quickly you can demonstrate this, but I shouldnt be charged sub time for a game advertised as linux compatible, and which was how I was playing it, just to have that taken away without warning.

0 0
Score : 64

Was having the same issue with wine, after which I went for a fresh install. After deleting everything and downloading a fresh copy. Every time I start the launcher it would crash before I even have the chance to accept the EULA. It doesn't give any info as to why though.

0 0

That's the one I went through as well, didn't mentioned it. The trick is to ACCEPT THE EULA FAST before it crashes. In 2-3 tries you pass it and get to the real freezes.

0 -1

For those with Linux related problems, the dev team is asking if you could:

• provide me with the game logs (F11) of when the errors/problems take place so that they can review where the problem lies (don't forget to describe the problem you are experiencing)
  • confirm that you have the latest wineHq version (3.0.3).
  • confirm that there are no longer any adobe air related errors occurring.
  • advise if you are still experiencing sound-related issues.
  • platform/distribution
Score : 13429

A little hard to do that when the bug in question doesn't appear to create any errors. Literally, just the entire client going unresponsive without an error in logs, everything in screen going grey in the process.

Can confirm latest winehq.

I'll try again tommorow and update, but I don't feel like logging into game tonight and feeling like I need to record everything for when it happens, and kills what I wanted to do in game again.

0 0

Ok, so I fixed the game being totally unplayable to the it-seems-to-be-playable state. Now every time I hit the PLAY button on the UpLauncher to open the main game window, I get some security alerts, 2 per first game window, 1 per each next game window opened. Their dull look somehow tells they're from WINE. I poked around a bit and failed to see the difference between choosing "Yes" or "No", they just close and that's it. Also, they are not modal, if I close the main game window(s), these alerts become unclickable then sumetimes produce another alerts later (in a couple of minutes, I think) or just die and let UpLauncher to also close.

So, these alerts do approximately nothing, but they are annoying as they happen every time I want to play.
0 0

Its been 10days now still nothing is fixed, what a lazy team ....

1 0

Its your system. running fine even with unstable wine. provide more information? wine version? kernel? For me it was the best choice ever to switch over to wine. I can use the ogrines market again, wow! biggrin 

(try to download a fresh installer and go from there?)

0 0
Respond to this thread