By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Game crash after entering new map tile

By omgitspanzer - SUBSCRIBER - January 01, 2019, 14:41:03
AnkaTracker

My game keeps crashing when I enter a new map tile, this usually happens when I've been playing for about 1 hour.

Any fix? Already tried clearing the game cache.

1 0
First Ankama intervention

Hello!

The teams have been investigating the problem for the past few weeks and they are currently working on a solution.
We are unable to provide any specific timeframes for a resolution for now but once we have more information to share, we will let the community know.

See message in context
Reactions 21
Score : 34

This has been an ongoing problem for me and just about anyone I've been playing with. I'd also like to know if there is a fix or if there is something being done to solve this in the future.

1 0
Score : 507

Its a huge issue and im sure theyre looking into it. Ive asked a CM on Discord to see if there is a fix in the works. Ill update if i hear anything.

1 0
Score : 2200

I find that most of my crashes (several per day since the last update) occur at the end of a fight or during exchanges (which I find completed when I log back on).  Hope this info helps.

0 0

Mine tends to crash between maps, going into my haven bag and using zaaps. Basically any sudden map change

0 0

Hello!

The teams have been investigating the problem for the past few weeks and they are currently working on a solution.
We are unable to provide any specific timeframes for a resolution for now but once we have more information to share, we will let the community know.

We are aware of the performance issues and game crashes our players have been experiencing.
The development team is currently working on improving the game's performance in order to provide you with a better gaming experience. With such problems being rather complex and considering the urgency of the situation, we wish to provide you with a short-term solution.

Because we have performed several tests since the new year to ensure the stability and reliability of the proposed solution, we are now able to redirect you to the 64-Bit Dofus version installation, available via the Ankama Launcher.

The Ankama Launcher replaces the Dofus updater and is available through the links below. Please note that the Ankama Launcher is still in Beta, even though it is relatively stable.

Download the Ankama Launcher (Windows)
Download the Ankama Launcher (Mac)
Download the Ankama Launcher (Linux)

In the meanwhile, we will continue our investigations in order to fix the reported problem.

Score : 1428

Oh my god the new launcher solved all my problems.  I rarely disconnect now versus every 5-10 minutes and I have had absolutely no client crashes!   100% endorsement, 10/10,  5 stars from me!

1 0

Glad to hear it worked out, Dahos! biggrin
Happy gaming!

Score : 166

Hey so I'm still dc'ing every 30 -40 mins while on echo, though having no issues on Illy. Anything I can send to see whats up?

0 0

Sorry for the trouble, My-mido. 
When you say "still dc'ing", can you confirm this is after installing and using the Launcher?
Can you please advise what OS you are using?

I'll have a chat with the devs tomorrow and see what specific info might be of use to them. I'll get back to you on this.

Score : 1

i'm experiencing the issue when I change maps. My client freezes and I have to restart the game. Even with the new update (2.49.7.5) I have the issue. 

(Windows 10 pro 1803)

0 0

Can you please confirm you are having this issue after installing the Ankama Launcher from the links mentioned above?

Score : 271

[Manaia]|2019-01-22 23:52:09
Can you please confirm you are having this issue after installing the Ankama Launcher from the links mentioned above?

Yeah I did. I'll send the error log  I receive to ankama support when It crashes again.

I read that a lot of people mention that the game crashes after a period of 45 minutes, which is also happening in my situation after testing. The only thing I can see on my side is that the memory use of the client increases over time.

I hope the dev team can find the fix. Good luck!
0 0

I've not downloaded or tried the new launcher yet but I do frequently get ''Insufficient memory'' as an error message when I disconnect. Where can I find error logs when my game crashes?

0 0
Score : 166

I'm sorry for not having checked this thread! I am using the launcher linked in the thread, and I'm using windows 10 pro v1809 or whatever the current update is for it. Dont quite have the specifics in hand as I wont be at my computer for another week.

0 0
Score : 271

Little update according the client crash. When the client reach 1.5GB  ram memory the client crashes. 

0 0
Score : 33

same problem crashes and says Insufficient memory, please restart your client.

0 0
Score : 60

Same for me... I noticed the same as giessentje  said... 1.5gb ram and boom crash...
Details info... UCFFFFFF or so... always the same error... and if you type /fps in chat (which gives you the info o memory ram usage too) its not the same value as it shown on Task manager =p and the gap its different per map...

0 0
Score : 73

This problem is at an all time high for me, black tiles after entering a new map, or even just too many inputs at once. I have also received the insufficient memory error.

0 0
Score : 428

This problem also occurs for me. It blackens the map and then crashes.

Both with and without the Ankama launcher.

It's like some of the other users said, it crashes after it reaches 1.5gb ram-usage.
(which is odd, since i've got 16gb, so plenty to use).

I'm useing Windows 10 Home, version 1803.

edit: I'm also useing the newest graphics drivers.

0 0

Thank you for the details! We are still working on the issue and every detail helps.

Respond to this thread