FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Temporis rollback

By nandiiiii - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - August 18, 2019, 05:52:32
AnkaTracker

As temporis started I tought this will be a new opportunity to come back to dofus, everything went well until today, when I've seen that most of my professions lost lots of levels. 

I'm really pissed of because of this rollback.
Yesterday I had time to play, and I did lots of things, including getting dokoko, but today I will not have time, so I don't get anything in compensation. Time well spent!
Why this is the solution always? I really don't get it, also why only double fight xp for compensation? Do you really think that ppl only fight mobs in this game? 

I'm leaving the game. Again. I hope I never come back. Always dissapointment.

For the players reading this,
Have fun and be prepared for the next rollback.

0 -1
First Ankama intervention

Hey there,

I'm sorry, the original announcement was deactivated, when the maintenance announcement  went up.

Here the information from that message (there are no news about the compensation yet, but we will let you know, as soon as they are available):

Due to a technical issue that blocked at first some players access to the server, then caused some data loss, we were forced to rollback that server.

We used the saved data of today (Saturday, August 17th) at 11:00 CEST and reopened the server at 20:30, so a 09h30 rollback.

• The compensation for this issue will be announced later.
  • All services giving right to a refund have already been sent to the dedicated team and will be recredited in the coming days.
  • Every shop item bought (or received as a gift) that has been consumed during that period will be recredited this evening.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

As a token for your patience and understanding, we have activated a double Fight XP bonus that you can enjoy right now on Temporis III. It will last until Sunday, August 18th, at 23:59 CEST.
See message in context
Reactions 8
Score : -1925

A rollback of three hours is not worth mentioning. This is quickly caught up again. After that, to scream for compensation or to stop the game altogether, I think that's grossly exaggerated.

1 -1
Score : 20

It wasnt 3 hours rollback. It was 8 hours rollback.

0 0
Score : 7
0 0
Score : 20

No. Read other messages.
There is a 2nd message that says they did a rollback to the back up which was at 11am, not 4pm.

In fact, it was 9 hours 30 minutes.Afin d'être assurés d'une cohérence des données de jeu, nous avons finalement utilisé la sauvegarde de ce jour, à savoir samedi 17 août 2019, 11h00 soit un ∆ 9h30.
Le serveur est de nouveau accessible depuis 20h30.

• Les achats/cadeaux consommés (16:00 → 20:30) vont être crédités dans le courant de la soirée.
0 0

Hey there,

I'm sorry, the original announcement was deactivated, when the maintenance announcement  went up.

Here the information from that message (there are no news about the compensation yet, but we will let you know, as soon as they are available):

Due to a technical issue that blocked at first some players access to the server, then caused some data loss, we were forced to rollback that server.

We used the saved data of today (Saturday, August 17th) at 11:00 CEST and reopened the server at 20:30, so a 09h30 rollback.

• The compensation for this issue will be announced later.
  • All services giving right to a refund have already been sent to the dedicated team and will be recredited in the coming days.
  • Every shop item bought (or received as a gift) that has been consumed during that period will be recredited this evening.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

As a token for your patience and understanding, we have activated a double Fight XP bonus that you can enjoy right now on Temporis III. It will last until Sunday, August 18th, at 23:59 CEST.

Hello everyone,

Following the issue on Temporis III server during Saturday the 17, we will credit the compensation below to all the players who logged into the server during the affected time: from 11:00 (CEST) to 20:30 (CEST) on august 17.

• 4x30 Compensokens
  • 1 day of subscription time

Once again, we apologise for the inconvenience.
Score : 41

You guys really don't get it. In a server that just started, ppl not only fight mobs, but also do business, craft items, level professions. What your compensation handles is the fight xp. But does nothing against the loss of profession xp, and lost businesses ( sold, bought items ). Also this compensation does nothing agains the lost game hours spent.

Also, Lets say you reroroll sunday, and saturday we get double fight xp, but not everyone has time to play on saturday. So they get pure loss. ( your compensation is useless, not useless i guess cuz we have Compensokens, which are useless x2 )

You wonder why your game is loosing players? Think about the rollbacks. How often they happen? As far as I can tell there is at least 1 server rolled back weekly. 

Also, the fact that on the end of the 3 month, you loose everything... This is a terrible solution. Just research the topic, how Path Of Exile handles this.

Also, think about Kolosseum, because you don't have a modular system ( my guess ), you cannot make Kolosseum available only within the players of one server. So you disable Kolosseum... Terrible idea, take away content from players because of this 3 month server that has no point at all. 

I really wonder how you still cannot think trough this kind of decisions. I really feel like you don't even know what game design means. Please take the team and watch GDC.

One thing you did nicely, btw, you solved hyperinflation and bots by introducing the mono servers, and the ogrines. Nice job there. But keep in mind, without players there will be no hyperinflation smile

0 0
Respond to this thread