FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Server keeps disconnecting after playing Dofus for a few seconds to a few minutes.

By thetv - SUBSCRIBER - April 30, 2020, 21:24:47
AnkaTracker

Today, since 17:00, I have been disconnected from the server on Dofus around 50 times, whenever I log in. It happens varying around from a few seconds to a few minutes. I have tried every possible thing to fix this, and it is still happening. Is the issue getting resolved? And anyone else have this problem?

1 0
First Ankama intervention

The message "Connection to the server was lost" usually indicates a temporary interruption of the connection between your computer and our servers. This could be due to:

• You're using a Wifi connection and lost the signal, which can cause you to disconnect.
  • Our connection server is receiving too many simultaneous connection attempts on one of the game connection ports (5555 or 443). You can try to change the connection port via the Options button located on the login screen of the game.
  • You've selected the "Quick Connection" option on the log-in screen, but your connection quality isn't high enough to allow the use of this function. In this case, deselect the option and try another.

If after trying these changes your problem persists, please contact the Ankama Support
See message in context
Reactions 22
Score : 33

Same here. Tried to empty the Dofus cached data, uninstall/reinstall the launcher, re-set wifi, restarted computer, lower the game resolution, but it keeps happening.
Access to the server selection page and the character page without issue / queuing, but once in game, "connection to the server was lost" from a few seconds to a few minutes. 
I checked the French forum, but litterally nobody is mentioning this issue so it might be something specific for a connection from outside of France?
I'm playing (or trying to..) from the US on JAHASH.

2 0
Score : 100

Yes I literally did the same exact things. I also play in the US. I don't know what to do to fix it honestly. 

1 0

The message "Connection to the server was lost" usually indicates a temporary interruption of the connection between your computer and our servers. This could be due to:

• You're using a Wifi connection and lost the signal, which can cause you to disconnect.
  • Our connection server is receiving too many simultaneous connection attempts on one of the game connection ports (5555 or 443). You can try to change the connection port via the Options button located on the login screen of the game.
  • You've selected the "Quick Connection" option on the log-in screen, but your connection quality isn't high enough to allow the use of this function. In this case, deselect the option and try another.

If after trying these changes your problem persists, please contact the Ankama Support

Where exactly can I find the "quick connection" option?

0 0

Thanks for the answer. By the way, the exact message is "The connection with the server has been interrupted". Not sure it changes something..
In my case, my internet connection seems just fine as I don't have issue with any other online activity. Where exactly can I change the connection port? I don't find it in the Options button in the launcher.
In the General Options, I have
- Language
- Connection to (server/character/direct access, nothing about port)
- Architecture
- Auto update
- Repairs
- Uninstall

0 0

My bad! The "quick connection" has been revamped into the "Connection to:" option, which can be found under the "Advanced options" of your login screen. This gives you the choice to login to your character selection, server selection, or to gain direct access to the game (you log right into the last server/character that you played on).

If you have the "Direct access to the game" option selected, please try one of the other options.

The connection port options are right underneath.

Yes, so i have tried doing both of those options, and it is still disconnecting me. 

0 0
Score : 456

I'm also on a wired connection and have absolutely no issues playing any other games, or running any other piece of software. Dofus is the only program that has constant connection issues. I cannot even stay logged into the game for longer than 5 minutes.

thetv|2020-05-01 05:49:48
Yes I literally did the same exact things. I also play in the US. I don't know what to do to fix it honestly. 

At this point it seems like the only proper solution is uninstalling the game and never playing Dofus again. Ankama has once again screwed over us American players.
0 0

xstokedx|2020-05-03 12:47:14
This doesn't fix the problem at all. I'm on a wired connection with 100mb down. I haven't had any connection issues prior to this week. I can consistently play every other game of my desire and run any other piece of software without any issue. Dofus is the absolute only program that I constantly get disconnected from. I have tried to create a support ticket, but at this point I am not expecting anything other than another nonsolution reply. 

I am actively paying for a subscription to a game I cannot even remain logged into for more than 5 minutes. This is absolutely unacceptable.

Yes, I have tried absolutely everything to try and fix from reinstalling ankama launcher, changing resolutions, changing ports, changing connections, rebooting my internet. Dofus is the only game that I have connection issues with as well. I can run a 87 GB game with my ethernet ports. For some reason I can't stay connected for longer than 5 minutes for a 3 GB game. I hope they fix this by maintentance. I, too, have submitted a ticket 5 days ago and am now waiting for their solution to this problem or at least give me something to look forward to or not. 
0 0

Could you please share with me your Support ticket number?

"Your ticket #2587260 has been received and will shortly be treated by our Support team."

[Ankama]DOFUS|2020-05-04 14:17:48
Could you please share with me your Support ticket number?
0 0

Thank you, thetv.

Anybody else who has experienced this issue and has contacted Support, please do share your Support ticket number in a reply below so I can follow up with the team. 

I am very sorry you have had such difficulties connecting to the game. Hopefully, this situation will be resolved soon. 

Hi, any update from ankama support? 

0 0

My ticket number is #2587400.

Any update? Still having issues, and still no response from Support..

0 0

Hi Ankama, 

Sorry, I don't mean to rush, but its been 2 weeks and a half of disconnection. I've lost all of that subscription time. And I am sure others are patiently waiting for your response on this disconnection issue. Please take this as one of your priorities just like your temporis servers you guys have been working on as well, or at least update us on what is happening right now. 

Best regards, thetv

0 0
Score : 4681

I have a similar problem but instead of being disconnected, the game freezes... 

0 0
Respond to this thread