FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Black screen after launcher "play"

By pellistar#1421 - SUBSCRIBER - June 06, 2022, 00:03:01
AnkaTracker

Hello guys, i would love to ask, if any1 has any suggestion how should i fix a dofus with black screen after launching it.
I hear sounds, i can click to P2P buying site form the dark screen while loading, i guess i can walk around. But everything is black.

Got the latest AMD drivers, display drivers, chipset drivers. Did repair, did reinstall with complete removal of old files.
 This problem occured after i got new ultrawide display. 

I am starting to be a little bit desperate. 

I appreciate any suggestion about fixing this problem.
https://imgur.com/a/xDsrDgn

2 0
First Ankama intervention

I am so sorry to hear that.
Have you tried emptying the cache : https://support.ankama.com/hc/en-us/articles/201806157-How-do-I-clear-my-game-cache-  ?

If that does not work, I invite you to send a ticket to the support team and include your Ankama Launcher logs : https://support.ankama.com/hc/en-us/articles/203790076-What-is-a-log-

See message in context
Reactions 21
Score : 78
I have the exact same issue.
Also have an AMD GPU (RX 6600 XT) and the latest drivers.

Nothing I tried helped fix the issue:
Repair, reinstall, move to a different drive, reboot, disable anti-virus, clear cache, reinstall the Ankama launcher, delete all files (yes, even in appdata), switch accounts, switch from x64 (64-bit) to x86 (32-bit), change conneciton port, change start screen, reinstall drivers, factory reset drivers...

The only thing that's left for me to try, is to do a fresh install of Windows. But that's really the last thing I want to do.
2 0
Score : 19

Hi bro, did you get to solve this problem? i got the same issue with my RX 6600  

1 0
Score : 16
Same here :
Also have an AMD GPU (RX 6800 XT) and the latest drivers.

I tried everything and my Windows is fresh from a week.
1 0

0 0

I am so sorry to hear that.
Have you tried emptying the cache : https://support.ankama.com/hc/en-us/articles/201806157-How-do-I-clear-my-game-cache-  ?

If that does not work, I invite you to send a ticket to the support team and include your Ankama Launcher logs : https://support.ankama.com/hc/en-us/articles/203790076-What-is-a-log-

Score : 13

You are funny, how to clear the cache if we cannot launch de game ..., I have a 6700XT and same issue

2 -1
Score : 2

I got the same issue with RX 6500 latest drivers, clearing cache dont work

0 0

0 0

Letrak-#2782|2022-06-11 10:39:50
You are funny, how to clear the cache if we cannot launch de game ..., I have a 6700XT and same issue

0 0
Score : 2

No, the support seems to be on vacation or smt, they dont reply for 5 days.

0 0
Score : 78
HERE'S HOW TO FIX THE BLACKSCREEN ISSUE
Jesus Christ I finally managed to get it to work again.

So far this fix only works for AMD Graphics Cards.
If you have the same issue on an Nvidia one, the fix might work as well. No garuntees tho.
  • 1. Find out what graphics card you have:
    • Right click the Taskbar.
    • Task Manager (Click the Bottom left arrow "( V ) More details").
    • "Performance" Tab.
    • Scroll down to "GPU 0" and click on it.
    • Top right should say your GPU name, in my case "AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT".

• 4. Try Dofus
    • It should work just fine now! no more blackscreen. If it doesn't work, try an older driver.

RECOMMENDED
If you want to play the game AND have the newest drivers installed, follow these next steps: 
  • 2. Update to the latest AMD drivers again:
    • Right a free space on your Desktop.
    • Select the top most option, "AMD Radeon Software".
    • On the homescreen, there should be an option to update your drivers.
    • Click on "Download".
    • After it's done downloading, click on "Install" and follow the install process.

After this, you should be able to simply start Dofus again, having the newest drivers installed.

You are VERY welcome.
@Ankama
feel free to put this in your support replies.

Regards
IF
4 0
Score : 1

IT WORKS

I have a 6900xt (don't punch me for using it to play Dofus)

I downloaded the oldest driver available on the site that was recommended, 17th of March 2022, and it worked.

Thanks for saving us a bunch of headache dude

0 0
Score : 29

6700XT nothing helps. The game simply doesnt show anything but a black screen. Sound works. Sad that you dont fix that before a huge event and some people cant even join now.... 

0 0

Good afternoon, i had the same problem for some time and i finally found the cause and the solution and i went to see in the release notes and one point was:

• Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.

TO FIX THE BLACKSCREEN ISSUE IS SIMPLE... Just disable this setting(Enhanced Sync aka free sync) and you will no longer have problems starting the game.

I hope this helps people with the problem I had. I would appreciate that Ankama warns itself of this "small problem" so that there are no people like me who spent a month or more trying to solve it without decent results... as this is a problem for everyone who has the graphics drivers with a recent version and who use Enhanced Sync aka free sync.

Regards
0 0
Score : 40

Hello

I propose another solution for the black screen problem with AMD graphic cards:

1. Go to the folder C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Ankama\Dofus\META-INF\AIR\
  2. Open the file application.xml with a text editor
  3. Search the node "< rendermode >" (without spaces) which should be around the 38th line
  4. Change the content of the node from "direct" to "auto", so the line "< rendermode >direct< /rendermode >" becomes "< rendermode >auto< /rendermode >" (still without spaces)
  5. Launch Dofus
  6. Follow InfiniteFox 's instructions to "Force CPU rendering"
3 0

thank u vrry much, it fixed my problem

0 0

Darco-pro#2748|2022-06-18 17:43:47

If u still have the problem i have ur answer , video driver problem u need to downgrade them and after that the game will work again , go in the option and put the game on cpu render , update ur driver to the last version and its good with radeon software
0 0
Respond to this thread