FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Ankama Launcher & Ankama Shield

By hawantika - SUBSCRIBER - November 04, 2019, 10:59:52

I've searched high and low for any sort of topic on this and it seems that I'm the only person worried.

Since all Ankama games are merging to the Ankama launcher the Shield that protects us all is now VOID and only worked using the old Dofus client. Therefore our only protection is by using the phone app. Call me old school or old but id much rather the shield over the app any day. Also for Dofus touch and Retro players the app doesn't even work? is anyone else panicking about this? if you can make me feel any better about this situation please do!

Thanks!

0 0
Reactions 8
Score : 6118

I’m confused. Why wouldn’t the shield work with the new launcher?

Of course, I’d say the app is more secure than the shield either way. With the shield, the attacker would be able to play in restricted mode, and could play fully if he/she has access to your email login info.

With the app, the attacker can’t play at all unless he/she has your mobile device, which is quite a bit harder to gain access to.

1 0
Score : 4510

Shield doesn't work with the new launcher?

0 0
Score : 834

The Shield no longer works guys so BEWARE.
I quote "Ankama Shield is taken into account only in the DOFUS game client.
The Ankama Authenticator works when you log on to the Ankama Launcher. You will therefore be protected in all that games that you launch via this platform." 

Check this link out https://support.ankama.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017630773-What-is-the-Ankama-Launcher-

Ankama should of surely made this more public?

0 0
Score : 52

There isnt any place they say it doesnt work with launcher. They say that shield works only in the client. So when you launch dofus client via launcher it should work. Its just that logging into launcher doesnt support shield. I do not use shield so Im not 100% sure.

0 0
Score : 5954

hawantika|2019-11-05 02:57:33

This isn't new information? Ankama Shield has always been Dofus only. That article states as much. Ankama Shield won't prevent you from logging into Wakfu or Ankama Launcher, but Ankama Authenticator will.
Authenticator is its own app that stops you from accessing the login servers without clicking ok, while Shield is built into Dofus. So different points in the login process.

The only factor that would make this a thing would be if Ankama Shield is not storing its certificates in the new Dofus install directory.
0 0
Score : 178

Can we get an official response please? This is such an important issue and we need to know how to protect our accounts.

0 0
Score : 4510

The Ankama Shield still works for Dofus, tested :v

Your account can be logged in to the launcher without approval, but when they run the game and try to connect to a server, it'll put them in restricted mode and ask for a verification code.

Though, it's pretty crazy that no official reply was made for this topic.

1 0
Score : -4144

Lost-Worldz|2019-11-17 13:57:54

Though, it's pretty crazy that no official reply was made for this topic.

This month, except "general information" and "ig/ irl merchandise commercials" threads, there have been quite a few official replies/ interventions on forums from Ankama people:
  • one or two on the movie poster contest for Al Howin 5 & 12 Nov ;
  • temporis rewards NOv 1 ;
  • dofus cup Nov 4 ;
Oups!!! That's about it! All official Ankama replies from this month, to all our concerns!
Anyone feeling some sort of belated and continuous trick or treat in the air, from Ankama???!!!
1 0
Respond to this thread