FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Ankama Launcher removed itself from taskbar, claims Dofus is not installed

By InuzukaKiba - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - November 21, 2019, 15:59:30
AnkaTracker

I opened the Ankama Launcher earlier today, intending to quickly log in for a few minutes while enjoying my morning coffee.

When I clicked to launch the game, the Ankama Updater shut down completely, unpinned itself from the taskbar, and then upon reopening only gave me an option to Install Dofus. The game is still installed to the default directory, and I have done nothing whatsoever to the Ankama Launcher's settings to possibly cause the game to uninstall, or for the Ankama Launcher to basically reset itself. Attempting to start the game directly from its install directory stalls out at 45% loading before what would be the login screen.

I do not want to redownload and reinstall the game again. I would appreciate any troubleshooting tips from Ankama, or anyone with a possible solution here, to prevent that waste of my time when I get home from work.
​​​​
I am running a Windows 10 machine that meets all necessary requirements to run the software. This is not the first time that the Ankama Launcher has completely closed itself during regular use, and not the first time the game has forced a redownload to start.

However, this is the first time any software has managed to unpin itself from my taskbar without a discernable reason.

0 0
First Ankama intervention

I spoke to the Ankama Launcher team. There was an Ankama Launcher update deployed today to address some bugs and improve performance. Unfortunately, there was a break in communication along the way and we weren't informed either. rolleyes

Although the button now states "Install" instead of "Play", the intention is for a verification of the game files to take place and confirm that everything has been updated. 
Before clicking on "Install" for the check to take place, you need to ensure that the install directory is correct (redirecting to where your game files are) otherwise it will reinstall on the new location path. 

Please keep me posted on your case.
I have reported back on the different points you have raised.

Update 4:50 p.m.
Regarding the unpinning from the taskbar, can you check your installed programs (like via the control panel, uninstall programs, for example) to see a 2.9 and a 2.10 version coexisting? I think it unpins itself each time there is an update (which is an issue and has been reported), but it doesn't hurt to double-check if there are multiple versions installed. ^^

See message in context
Reactions 2

I spoke to the Ankama Launcher team. There was an Ankama Launcher update deployed today to address some bugs and improve performance. Unfortunately, there was a break in communication along the way and we weren't informed either. rolleyes

Although the button now states "Install" instead of "Play", the intention is for a verification of the game files to take place and confirm that everything has been updated. 
Before clicking on "Install" for the check to take place, you need to ensure that the install directory is correct (redirecting to where your game files are) otherwise it will reinstall on the new location path. 

Please keep me posted on your case.
I have reported back on the different points you have raised.

Update 4:50 p.m.
Regarding the unpinning from the taskbar, can you check your installed programs (like via the control panel, uninstall programs, for example) to see a 2.9 and a 2.10 version coexisting? I think it unpins itself each time there is an update (which is an issue and has been reported), but it doesn't hurt to double-check if there are multiple versions installed. ^^

Score : 5954

So, there were two versions present in the Uninstall menu. The latest version installed itself right when this all happened. Also, I'm assuming that moment was also when Ankama Launcher unpinned itself.

I didn't think much of it when I couldn't actually find a second install of the launcher on my computer. The only folders that exist were created and modified today. So, I select 2.9.2 and click Uninstall, and it removed 2.10.31 instead. Upon trying to uninstall 2.9 again, it attempted to fetch the uninstaller from the same directory that it was just removed from. So that's a thing...

I reinstalled the Ankama Launcher. It insisted on redownloading and reinstalling the game, despite the install path being the same. Earlier, the full download had started, then I stopped. But I'm thinking that had messed up the installation already.

It had the same "Install" button for Retro, and it didn't force the reinstall when I picked the path it was already installed to. So I guess I don't know why it decided Dofus was not ok in the first place.
0 0
Respond to this thread