FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Obvious Launcher Bug (Mac OS X 10.15.1)

By Mikefowlers - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - December 26, 2019, 01:10:46
AnkaTracker

I've been paying subscription for more than 14 years. I'm seriously considering to give up on you, Ankama.

Since mid-November, when launching Dofus (not retro) via the, ahem, Launcher, Dofus complains about being `Unabled to load  file://data/i18n/i18n_fr.d2i` and the loading process gets stuck at 56%. I'm playing the game in English. It shouldn't need that file. I have `data/i18n/i18n_en.d2i`. I also have the corresponding Dutch and Russian files. Not sure why. Anyway, I've gone through numerous attempts to

• clear the cache
  • "Repair" (every second time or so, this makes launching Dofus pop up a little window stating "Adobe Air This application requires a version of Adobe AIR which cannot be found." I let it "Repair" again, Dofus at least begins to load to 56%.)
  • use links to trick Dofus into thinking that the file exists, (problem: Dofus complains "Start Dofus without going through the updater is not advised and could cause malfunctions. I need to authenticate once again to the dofus client. The Launcher is stuck launching. I need to quit it each time I want to launch another char. Yep, that's typing in only 16 sets of credentials for running 8 chars.)
  • switch languages in the Launcher and in the game to French and back,
  • copy `data/i18n/i18n_fr.d2i` back when it's deleted by yet another "Repair", (with that file in place the game is inevitably in French)
  • deleted both the launcher and the entire zaap directory. After a fresh install: exactly the same problems.
  • Oh, and Mac OS X agrees that "Ankama Launcher needs to be updated" prompting me to jump through hoops to "open it anyway".

tl;dr
The Ankama Launcher is a disgrace. Stop looking for the wrong language file. It's not hard. And then fix the other bugs.
0 0
First Ankama intervention

I am sorry for the problems you are experiencing.

As an attempt to fix the problem, could you please try the following steps:

• Go to the DOFUS Options, in the Ankama Launcher.
  • Select the "Installation Directory" tab.
  • Under "Tools", click on the "Open the Game Folder" button.
  • Open the "data" folder.
  • Delete the folders "binds", "com", "common", and "i18n".
  • Return to the DOFUS Option, in Ankama Launcher, and click the "Repair" button that can be found under the "General Options" tab.

If the problem persists after this attempt, you need to contact the Ankama Support for further technical assistance. If you have already created a Support ticket, would you be so kind as to share it with me so I can follow up on your case internally?

See message in context
Reactions 5

I am sorry for the problems you are experiencing.

As an attempt to fix the problem, could you please try the following steps:

• Go to the DOFUS Options, in the Ankama Launcher.
  • Select the "Installation Directory" tab.
  • Under "Tools", click on the "Open the Game Folder" button.
  • Open the "data" folder.
  • Delete the folders "binds", "com", "common", and "i18n".
  • Return to the DOFUS Option, in Ankama Launcher, and click the "Repair" button that can be found under the "General Options" tab.

If the problem persists after this attempt, you need to contact the Ankama Support for further technical assistance. If you have already created a Support ticket, would you be so kind as to share it with me so I can follow up on your case internally?

Score : 999

Thanks for your help at a time when we all should be having a holiday.

"Open the Game Folder" opens a Finder window at `/Applications/zaap/dofus`. The only data folder below that is a bit deeper, at `/Applications/zaap/dofus/Dofus.app/Contents/Resources/data`. It contains 3 of the 4 folders you listed, `binds`, `common` and `i18n`. There is no directory named `com` anywhere in this tree (or the launcher's for that matter). I deleted the 3. "Repair" after that recreates the 3 folders. Launching Dofus results in the familiar pop up "Adobe Air This application requires a version of Adobe AIR which cannot be found." I reported above. A second "Repair" did the trick! The game finally launches.

Update: The fix was short-lived. Now on Mac OS X 10.15.2, the same procedure (deleting the 3 folders, repair, repair) does not fix the issue. It's still stalling at 56%, failing to find the french language file.

Update 2: closing the launcher, deleting the 3 folders, repair, repair once again worked. Rock solid software. 10/10.

Update 3: after starting one client successfully, the 2nd fails with the usual symptoms.

Update 4: "Repair"^2 doesn't help. I quit and restart the launcher after deleting my 3 special friends in the data directory. Another round of "Repeair"^2. Now attempting to "Play" just takes me to the one running client I have already. Pure genius.

0 0

I really am sorry this issue was getting in the way of your holiday time.

On the other hand, I am thrilled that you were able to solve the issue and the game finally launches!

Good luck on the World of Twelve, and happy gaming! biggrin
Score : 39

Bump due to updates to the original post.

0 0
Score : 46

The very same problem still persists. Every minor update, I'm jumping through a million hoops just to get the game working (or not).
How hard can it be to fix a trivial bug, such as line 156 of /Applications/zaap/dofus/Dofus.app/Contents/Resources/config.xml declaring fr instead of en as "lang.current"? Just changing that doesn't fix all issues but at least the game loads past 56%. It then runs into some checksum issues and complains about not launching through the launcher, which is of course total BS.

Can you guys get some professional help? You clearly need it. Thanks.

0 0
Respond to this thread