FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Ankama Launcher-Setup-x64.dmg does not open for MacOS

By o-fiona-o#3930 - SUBSCRIBER - August 16, 2022, 16:22:36
AnkaTracker

Today after the weekly update I tried to open the game and got an error message for Adobe Air.
This had been a regular issue and I was hoping to fix this by removing the launcher and game from my computer and download it again. Unfortunately the Ankama Launcher-Setup-x64.dmg does not open on my MacOS computer, instead giving warning message, no mountable file systems.
A detailed description of the problem is found in this forum topic:
https://www.dofus.com/en/forum/1153-ankama-launcher/339410-ankama-luncher-broken

Tried to find a fix in previous forum topics and so far the only staff replies found are some like: we are currently working on solving these issues...
I like to find an answer to these questions:
Is the .dmg file on the webpage broken? and Is there a know solution or fix?

0 0
First Ankama intervention

Hello! I am sorry to hear that.
Have you tried running a disk cleaner on your computer such as OnyX to remove all the Ankama Launcher and game files, and then try to reinstall, to see if that solves the issue? If that doesn't solve it, I invite you to contact support about this issue as they should be able to give you some assistance.

Thank you in advance,

See message in context
Reactions 3

Hello! I am sorry to hear that.
Have you tried running a disk cleaner on your computer such as OnyX to remove all the Ankama Launcher and game files, and then try to reinstall, to see if that solves the issue? If that doesn't solve it, I invite you to contact support about this issue as they should be able to give you some assistance.

Thank you in advance,

Score : 297

Thank you for the quick reply smile

I cleaned my computer with OnyX, you mentioned and it did not solve the issue.
Then I checked with Ankama support. It would require me to create another account with details and private info, including ID scan. I refuse, privacy concerns and too much trouble.
I reached the conclusion that update errors with this game are starting to consume too much of my time. This issue is one of many I have seen since creating this account years ago. It's becoming more and more complicated and updating gives stress each time.
You either give players a .zip file or update your service which is no longer compatible for older versions of MacOS.
Anyhow, I can confirm that it is no longer possible to install the Ankama Launcher on Version 10.11.6 El Capitan. Please update the information given on the webpage and save players the time working around a solution or trying to fix, Thank you.

1 0
Score : 1

o-fiona-o#3930|2022-08-17 01:53:16
Thank you for the quick reply smile

I cleaned my computer with OnyX, you mentioned and it did not solve the issue.
Then I checked with Ankama support. It would require me to create another account with details and private info, including ID scan. I refuse, privacy concerns and too much trouble.
I reached the conclusion that update errors with this game are starting to consume too much of my time. This issue is one of many I have seen since creating this account years ago. It's becoming more and more complicated and updating gives stress each time.
You either give players a .zip file or update your service which is no longer compatible for older versions of MacOS.
Anyhow, I can confirm that it is no longer possible to install the Ankama Launcher on Version 10.11.6 El Capitan. Please update the information given on the webpage and save players the time working around a solution or trying to fix, Thank you.

Thank you, i had no idea what's the issue 
0 0
Respond to this thread