By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers
Pinned

Forum Errors, Typos, and Mistranslations

By #[Izmar] - ADMIN - January 14, 2011, 20:11:52
Reactions 142
Score : 1713
TheSkavenguy|2011-01-16 23:25:36
EDIT2 : Thanks Shootin, the logging on/off worked. I got my rank and eggs now. But I still see this avatar which I don't want under my account name. Little girl with long hair and a bra, doing an ! face. Most likely dofus 2 artwork for some class.

Sorry, I didn't say, to pick your avatar follow this link

-Pain x
0 0
Score : 1350
shootinshort|2011-01-17 00:02:13
TheSkavenguy|2011-01-16 23:25:36
EDIT2 : Thanks Shootin, the logging on/off worked. I got my rank and eggs now. But I still see this avatar which I don't want under my account name. Little girl with long hair and a bra, doing an ! face. Most likely dofus 2 artwork for some class.

Sorry, I didn't say, to pick your avatar follow this link

-Pain x

Getting a blank page.
0 0
Score : 5021
This is the link to change your avatar. (The default is an Eni concept art, by the way)
0 0
Score : 5230

The general discussion topics are in the wrong order too. This showed up Click here

0 0
Score : 1713

Huh, don't know why my link didn't work for you, it works for me... 

A bug?

-Pain x

0 0
Score : 2443
shootinshort|2011-01-17 21:20:59
Huh, don't know why my link didn't work for you, it works for me... 

A bug?

-Pain x

You''ve provided a link to a login page for "Click Here"
0 0
Score : 4328

How about leaving us logged in for more than 5 minutes at a time?  When you try to post a lengthy message, and it's permanently lost because you've been booted from the forum, it gets annoying quickly.

0 0

I was just wondering if there was any ETA on this. In particular, the avatar issue. A bunch of people tried linking me to the page, but it just never works : either shows me a blank page, or a page that changes everyday and asks strange questions to which I don't know the answers.

0 0
Score : 5761
TheSkavenguy|2011-01-18 22:12:03
I was just wondering if there was any ETA on this. In particular, the avatar issue. A bunch of people tried linking me to the page, but it just never works : either shows me a blank page, or a page that changes everyday and asks strange questions to which I don't know the answers.

....Just click your nickname at the top of the forum page, then click Forum from there. If you're encountering "strange questions," that means you just have to recertify your account with a new secret question.
0 0

Well I got to that annoying question page again and finally found one I could answer at the bottom... they won't mind if the rest of the info changes all the time, right?

So then I finally got access to my account page. And avatar page. About time. Thanks for the help guys.

I'm tempted to use my old char because only her shoulders show under her moo hat, which actually doesnt look bad. But I'm still looking for the "no avatar" option, is it there?

0 0

The new options when adding an image don't work, you can only add a picture as before... without any manual sizing, text-alignment, etc. I've seen a couple of CCM posts which do seem to have those functions working, so are they restricted to stop us "hacking the system" or were they turned off by mistake?

0 0
Score : 5230
GoldfishGod|2011-01-19 09:47:00
The new options when adding an image don't work, you can only add a picture as before... without any manual sizing, text-alignment, etc. I've seen a couple of CCM posts which do seem to have those functions working, so are they restricted to stop us "hacking the system" or were they turned off by mistake?

I can do it fine, let me show you:

Edit: I've got the option to change the size but when I post, it seems to put it back to it's original size
0 0
formulamonster|2011-01-19 10:26:20
Edit: I've got the option to change the size but when I post, it seems to put it back to it's original size
  Yea, it works in the post, in the section where you type... but if you preview, or post it, it just ignores all your settings.

Even directly quoting a post where it is clearly working, ends up ignoring the settings.
0 0
GoldfishGod|2011-01-19 12:07:57
formulamonster|2011-01-19 10:26:20
     Yea, it works in the post, in the section where you type... but if you preview, or post it, it just ignores all your settings.

Even directly quoting a post where it is clearly working, ends up ignoring the settings.

The news articles are a special case, they are written in HTML by the website news tools that the forum can interpret correctly now.... mostly. wink

The Web Devs have been at work, you might notice some changes to the forums today.

• You can now suggest words for the spelling dictionary by clicking on any word marked misspelled. If these words are accepted, they will no longer be marked as misspelled in post previews.
  • The background color for the Full Edit and Quick Edit editors have been changed to white for clarity.
  • All posts displayed in the Devtracker now have a link to the original thread.
  • If you forget to add a topic subject when posting a new thread, you will now receive an error message rather than losing the contents of your post.
  • Dates of messages are now displayed as "Today" and "Yesterday" where appropriate.
  • When viewing a forum's topic list, topics that you have participated in have a different icon.
  • Problems with displaying the largest forums for some users (requiring them to disconnect/reconnect) have been corrected.

Other issues which have been reported are being worked on, including the redirection errors for people using iPhones and other alternate browsers.

Oh, is there any plans for Rogue/Zobal art-work avatars? Seems a shame not to.

0 0
GoldfishGod|2011-01-19 15:20:42
Oh, is there any plans for Rogue/Zobal art-work avatars? Seems a shame not to.

Avatars in general will have to wait until the Web Devs finish adjusting the admin tools.
Score : 4772

I set my Time Zone when the forums were first updated and it worked just fine. After the most recent update, the times on the Home Page subf-forums are completely wrong for when things were posted, but if I click a topic, the times in the topic are correct for me. I've cleared my internet history, cache, cookies, and I've relogged into the forum. None of that works. Seems that the home page and sub-forum pages are not linking correctly with my chosen time zone.

For instance, the Typos and spelling mistakes main page says I posted here at 00:39, but according to the actual post (and my clock) it says I posted at 15:39.

0 0

Not sure what's changed, and this happens on both Chrome (whatever the current stable version is) and Firefox 4b9... the text-area for typing in your post is about an inch longer than the area it is fitted into. Meaning I always have an "inch" of scroll off to the right, even without any text... this becomes a pain once I start writing multiple lines since I can't see one "end" or the "other" at the same time.

0 0
Score : 2414

There's often no today or yesterday, but only dates showing up.

0 0

When I Reply (as in : Reply button under a person's post), in the box where I'm supposed to write my message, I get stuck in the quoted part. I can't get the cursor the go down in the unquoted part of the message.

0 0
Respond to this thread