By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers
Pinned

Forum Errors, Typos, and Mistranslations

By #[Izmar] - ADMIN - January 14, 2011, 20:11:52
Reactions 142
Score : 4772

Not to mention the fact that the Contact a Moderator thread is filling up with unanswered problems because we can no longer send screen shots to private message boxes.

0 0

I must steal from the fine folks at Blizzard for this one: "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment Ankama Games and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard Ankama does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard Ankama will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

That said, we've been testing the Ankabox internally since the switch to the new forums. It's not ready for full release yet, but it is getting close.

Score : 5230

Trust ankama to think of something like that. Well, steal the idea. I've always known that soon could be in a millenium, and that a long time ago can be a minute ago. Time is relative.

0 0
Score : 2443

"sometime" sure.
"soon" is soon.

A "few" is not 10 billion.

but at least it looks nice.

0 0
GoldfishGod|2011-01-31 21:32:03
A "few" is not 10 billion

Maybe in a long long time, there will be 100 trillion people and 10 billion would be a few. Anything that is not an actual amount is relative.

also, at the right of the screen when you write a reply:
Write correctly.

Txt-talk will not be tolerated at all, good grammar and spelling is essential.
0 0

what are you trying to say is wrong with the txt-talk rule?

0 0
Score : 5761

"Txt Talk" is an actual term.

0 0
Score : 4073

Many of you may not have noticed it, but the thumb system works now. Go ahead and test it.

1 -1
InuzukaKiba|2011-02-01 00:43:46
"Txt Talk" is an actual term.

Is it? I always say "text talk"
0 0

It's either txt-talk or sms-talk... basically because that's what it looks like, dropping vowels all over the place. kkbbthx wink

0 0
Score : 1350
Giga-Biga-Bowser|2011-02-01 06:00:22
Many of you may not have noticed it, but the thumb system works now. Go ahead and test it.

More or less. They don't show up when you're not logged in. And there's no remember me button. And you get logged off rater shortly (10 minutes or so?). I basically need to re-log everytime I post. All that together makes the thumb system pretty useless.
0 0
Score : 4772

Still not correcting my chosen Time Zone. If I go into a topic, the posts register in my Time Zone, but the forum Main Page and the Sub Forum Pages do not register my Time Zone correctly.

The Typos and Spell Mistakes main page says I posted this at 08:22. My clock, and the actual post when I click on the topic, says I posted at 23:22. A rather large difference in times here.

It makes it really, really annoying to figure out whether new posts have been made in topics when I can't get a reference on time from the main page anymore.

At least I understand what is going on now. The Main Page and Sub Forum Main Pages are still showing French Time (GMT+1) for posts until I click the topic, then the posts are listed in PST (GMT-8).

Somehow, the information is lost between my Account Page where I seleced my Time Zone and the Main Pages here in the forum.

0 0
Score : 8

Nevermind, sorry about that

0 0
Score : 1512
quote name='talith' date='2011-01-14 20:52:25' post='599017'
not sure if its intentional, but the forum's page spacing is off from what it was previously. the page width no longer fits 1024x resolutions./quote

quote name='GoldfishGod' date='2011-01-22 01:13:54' post='602447'
Not sure what's changed, and this happens on both Chrome (whatever the current stable version is) and Firefox 4b9... the text-area for typing in your post is about an inch longer than the area it is fitted into. Meaning I always have an "inch" of scroll off to the right, even without any text... this becomes a pain once I start writing multiple lines since I can't see one "end" or the "other" at the same time./quote

This is still true today, and I still hate it. Plain Code View is better, in that it only sometimes cuts off a letter at most along the right side. But the default editor is obnoxious - there is no reason at all why it must use a horizontal scrollbar, let alone why one is there when I haven't even added any text in. My screen resolution is 1440x900, and my web browser's typical window width is 768 or so. Why is that not enough?!?

Ironically enough, there is no scrollbar present period in Plain Code View - even if you have so much text (as with this post) that you cannot see it all. Scrolling via scrollwheel still works just fine; there's just no visible scrollbar to grab and drag.

quote name='Sywe' date='2011-01-15 21:29:48' post='599817'
I'm having problems with the 'Problems and solutions' link. I can't click on it, So that i can go to that sub forum./quote

quote name='SilentRevenge' date='2011-01-27 16:16:25' post='605399'
When I'm using Chrome, I am unable to access the Problems and Solutions thread directly (it doesn't appear to be a link). Tried on 2 different PC's./quote

This is still true today. There is no clickable link for the Problems & Solutions subform from both Click here and Click here. If you click on the latest topic showing and then click on the forum hierarchy list displayed up top, you can reach it that way. But why won't the direct links work?

quote name='Bujax' date='2011-01-26 23:28:21' post='604821'
I noticed a bug (feature?) - If you use the "less than" sign in your post, it cuts off everything in the post after it./quote
quote name='talith' date='2011-01-27 15:16:08' post='605385'
i believe that's because of the forums recognizing html coding now. html coding uses the angle brackets to delineate the coding, so when using then in posts, the forum assumes they're signifying html and treat it accordingly. granted, using the code tags wont get them to show up either./quote

There is currently no way to actually show code, even as plaintext, in this forum. I tried using the less-than and greater-than signs when explaining something, but it just ate that and refused to display anything. Next I tried using the webcode characters that HTML browsers will recognize as a representation of that symbol, yet the forum ate those too just as if I'd put in the actual symbols. This forum has a code option. When people use it, it should disable any recognition of code symbols at all so that people can actually read it.

quote name='TheSkavenguy' date='2011-02-01 21:54:33' post='607847'
More or less. They don't show up when you're not logged in. And there's no remember me button. And you get logged off rater shortly (10 minutes or so?). I basically need to re-log everytime I post. All that together makes the thumb system pretty useless./quote

Every single time I come back to this forum, I have to log in again. This is my computer; no one else uses it. I did not quit the browser in between visits, merely closed the window. Why is there no option to allow the forum to remember me?

Also, try typing up a long post, including quotes. Copy it. Paste it, and hit Preview or switch editor/code mode: the whole post vanishes, replaced by a tidy white box bare of everything you had typed up. Jagging around enough with the forum in attempts with this finally showed me this error: "You cannot indent more than 5 quoted posts." I have no idea what that means. I removed quotes until there were less than five. I made sure none were nested. Neither fixed the problem.
0 0

I'll go look for a way around it, but here's the problem : you can't double-post. It automatically merges your new post into your old one. That's not a problem it's actually a solution, you say? Not quite. Say you're replying to a topic that's 1 week old, not even on the 1st page, this is considered as an edit and not a new post. Meaning it stays on page 2. So for anyone to notice it, you'd need to start a new topic.

Double-posting is usually just a problem when it's done less than 1 hour or day apart, if there's someway you could use that ( >1 hour = new post).

Also, just to clarify, my post just above wasn't about the annoyance of being logged out. It was about the uselessness of the thumb system due to the "need to be login".

EDIT : just noticed this bug, at the bottom of my post
This post has been edited by - February 07, 2011, 16:20:55.
...by who???

0 0
Score : 314

That's... the spell checker?! Those red lines? I didn't know what was going on, but it only seemed to highlight it's favourite words so I figured it was... I don't know, some forums have the feature to mouse-over a term and have the explanation pop up in a tiny tiny box.

"Xelor" is an incorrect spelling? So is "and", but only sometimes? This spell-check runs on moon logic.

The main problem that pops up so often it makes me not even want to use these forums, is the 2-3 minute logout. I don't know if it has to do with how much or how little activity I have, or what-have-you, but it BUGS THE CRAP OUT OF ME. /rage

0 0

Links are a nightmare. It automatically replaces the text with "click here" even if you specify otherwise. The "link location" is filled with garbage, so there's no way of knowing what the link actually is. It sometimes breaks the link. Any link, even those going directly on dofus.com, must go through "this could be a phishing scam, continue? [yes/no]". And some links go to the dreaded red phishing page, which forbids you to use the link no matter what.

I think until the problem is solved I'll just write a space after the www when I write a link, so it would be safe from any breaking and "phish block" failures. test : www. dofus.com

http: //forum.dofus.com/en/8-game-development/104281-excerpt-inside-ankama-24?poid=611789
As you can see, I'm still looking at how to make quotes work. I just found out while writing that they're hidden in the "styles" button at the top-left. Along with Code. What's the point of that, can't we just have them in the bar like all the other buttons? And I still have no idea how to add the name of the person I quoted.

Now here's a little review of bugs and remarks that I know havn't been solved :

- At the top right, it says "forum heroique" instead of "heroic forums"
- Subforums are labelled as "Sous-forums" when in the subforum view
- Various logout problems, which are really a pain since they usually erase your posts and happen very quickly (10 minutes or so)
- The reply box scrolls horizontally
- The edit box is like 300 pixels wide. Tiny!
- "Edited by - " only working half the time
- Broken links! ARGH!!!!!
- Phishing page is annoying too, especially ridiculous when you get the red one
- Avatars not all downloading correctly, not updating, etc
- When replying by putting the quote in your post, you either have to go Plain Code or add some lines and then delete them. You can't click outside the quote.
- Double-posting actually merges your old post (twice) with the one you just made
- Usually when you copy-paste text, formatting gets cropped to about 300 pixels wide. This is particularly annoying because it actually adds a "new line character" everywhere to do so.
- The Code and Quote buttons being the only one in a menu, why not just put them along with the rest?

Don't know if solved (mostly because other users reported them) :
- "see new posts" not in chronological order
- Today and Yesterday having issues
- Time zones not working well
- the page width no longer fits 1024x resolutions.
- Seeing a page 2 button when there's actually only a few posts that fit in 1 page (I've just seen this once)
- "Frequently Asked Questions" (Found in "Welcome to the Incarnam Inn") 90% of the links don't work.
- Apparently, many old posts and especially links are broken, missing and so on
- Can't create polls
- It says you're F2P for some time, then it updates to your actual payment status
- account page being redirected to a weird page that asks weird questions, preventing you from actually going to your account page
- no access to image re-sizing
- Report button getting a french thank you for reporting message
- Sometimes the last posts seem to be incorectly shown in the sub-forum, not actually there in the thread, etc
- If you use the "less than" sign in your post, it cuts off everything in the post after it.
- Thumb system being totally pointless because you need to be logged in, and that's obviously a major pain (see above)
- There is no clickable link for the Problems & Solutions subform

Still wanted :
- PM system
- User profile (but that might be solved with the character pages? I just learned that yesterday and I don't recall it was ever announced)
- Remember Me button so you don't have to log everytime
- Our old sigatures? cool
- Haloween winners' avatars
0 0

We have a new text editor that will hopefully fix a lot of the posting and general text problems.

We also now have a new "stay logged in" button! Yay! happy

Thank you all for your patience and your bug reports, we're still working on getting other problems fixed.

The quotes seem to have a problem, you have to quote like this

[ quote] text here [ /quote] (without the spaces)

0 0

Quotes are broken as said.

Pressing the BBcode button converts the quote into malformed html tags

Right-click is disabled under FF4b12.... no cut/copy/paste/etc except via short-cut key combos... which doesn't preserve the formatting anyway.

bit of an odd one, with quotes again... trying to reply to the first post here, and every letter I type gets eaten while in rich-text mode (typing is fine in code mode). This is under FFb12

0 0
Respond to this thread