By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Quest: The Livid Hearts

By Dahos - SUBSCRIBER - January 17, 2019, 18:12:47
AnkaTracker

Quest:  The Livid Hearts
NPC:  Raval the Terrible

Maybe this is just me being picky but an American English spelling of Defence would be "Defense"

1 0
First Ankama intervention

Hey there, 

Thank you for spotting and reporting this!  You have a keen eye, but the translation standard for DOFUS is still British English, so this is not an actual mistake.

See message in context
Reactions 4
Score : 455

American English spelling of Defence is "Defence",smile.
British English spelling of Defense is 'Defense',smile.

0 0
Score : 1317

What?  I grew up in the U.S. and have never spelled "defense" as "defence."  Furthermore, no online source that I can find states what you have.  

https://www.spellcheckonline.com/defense-vs-defence/
https://www.grammarly.com/blog/defence-defense/
Just a few sources I found.  

I also realize the English community can be both U.S. and Great Britain so I suppose I can let it slide.  

0 0
Score : 11238

HarvestPale said back in 2010 that they default to British spellings, because at the time both the translators were British.  She hasn't worked there in a while, but most translators who have worked for Ankama over the years have been British rather than American (though there was at least one American in the bunch), so that's still the standard they use.

I'm not sure who the translators are now.  I haven't seen any of them post for a while.

0 0

Hey there, 

Thank you for spotting and reporting this!  You have a keen eye, but the translation standard for DOFUS is still British English, so this is not an actual mistake.

Respond to this thread