By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[Contest] Songify DOFUS

By #[Izmar] - ADMIN - May 24, 2011, 18:00:45
DevTracker Announcements

[html]

Aspiring YouTube artists, it's your time to shine! You can win a complete Charlie's Set and a Boh-Bin Shield by making a music video for our Songify DOFUS Contest!

We want you, our beloved fans, to make a music video about your favorite aspect of DOFUS! Using either an original song, or a parody of an existing song { see rules for details } ,make a DOFUS music video and post it to the special contest entry thread on our forums. If your song and video is one of the best, you could win a complete Charlie Set and Boh-Bin Shield! Show the world that you are a true artist of the silver screen with these rare items!

Contest entries are open until 10 AM (GMT+1) June 24th, 2011. That's not too long, so dust off your webcams and text your back-up singers!

[/html]

Here's how it works:

• Write a song about your favorite part of playing DOFUS. It can be an original song, or you can use an existing song to create a parody (see the rules for further clarification ).
  • Shoot a music video for your song, and make it funny, clever, creative, and amazing! Film it in the game, or real life; animate it or act it out with action figures, it's up to you!
  • Post a link to the video here using the video uploading service of your choice (like Youtube or Vimeo). Be sure that it's set for public viewing!

That's it! It's a contest that's part Weird Al, part SongifyThis, part Jonathan Coulton, and all DOFUS! You have until 10 AM (GMT+1) on June 24, 2011 August 5, 2011 to post your entry in the contest submissions thread. If you have further questions about how it all works, ask them here! Make sure to read the full contest rules before posting a question.

Rule Clarifications:

• There is no minimum or maximum allowed length for a video, but please keep it reasonable. If the judges have to use their entire lunch break to watch your version of Shine On You Crazy Diamond(s, Because I Need More Spell Points), they may be too grumpy to give you a good score!

Examples from other games and artists

Original Song: "Like the Game" "Tank Tank Heal Tank"
Parody: "ROFLMAO" , "Asmodian Girls" , "Fleet Op"

Video Capture and Editing Tools

Window:
CamStudio
Fraps
Camtasia
Jing
Webinaria
Microsoft Expression

Mac:
Camtasia
iShowU
CaptureIt!
macVCR
ScreenFlow

(Everyone is welcome to suggest other good editing or capture tools!)
First Ankama intervention
TheFirstKaze|2011-05-26 03:49:41
Are we judged solely on the song or will our music video affect our score?

The video will absolutely affect the score. Creativity, humor, originality, and quality of the video will all be taken into account during the judging.

MagicGuardian|2011-05-24 20:30:35
Question. Can the video be of the game? or does it have to have real people and yourself?

It can be created in any way that you like, as long as it isn't obscene, vulgar, objectionable, or in conflict with any of the other content rules of the contest. It can be in-game graphics, or animated with legos, or filmed in your backyard with you and your friends. Music videos have always been a source of artistic experimentation, so get creative and see what happens! =)

Skeena|2011-05-24 20:27:46
I have a question, Can the video be a slideshow of screenshots? I ask this because many recording programs(like playclaw) are unable to record flash games.

See above, a slideshow would be fine. =)
See message in context
Reactions 88
Score : 81

Nice

0 0
Score : 16

Marvelous!

0 0
Score : 79

Interesting :3

0 0
Score : 652

I have a question, Can the video be a slideshow of screenshots? I ask this because many recording programs(like playclaw) are unable to record flash games.

0 0
Score : 6

Question. Can the video be of the game? or does it have to have real people and yourself?

0 0
Score : 3221

@skeena, use camstasia.

0 0
Score : 10

umm i can't read the rules...

0 0
Score : 8468

hey skeena use sony camtasia for record and sony vegas for editing

-Greenubuntu-

0 0
Score : 78

If only I had a recording device >.>

0 0
Score : 475

wow nc/...

0 0
Score : 10

i record with debut video capture software... its nice it see web cam and you can record your voice

0 0
Score : 3

not bad

0 0
Score : 395

I'll definitely be partaking in this!

Thanks for organizing this, Izmar.smile

EDIT: Nevermind. I am no longer taking part in this. Good luck to all the participants!

0 0
Score : 588

This should be a laugh, I'm bracing to see a billion "Friday" parodys and people trying to plagerize my parody from IV but we'll see how it goes lmao Expo is this weekend so I might take some Dofus Cosplay Footage and use that in the video I'm planning...

0 0
Score : 356
0 0
Score : 5021

Hmmm... I see a new hat, a trumpet (?) emote, a guitar (or sitar) emote, a dance emote... and the bow emote is probably someone halfway through manolias. Interesting.

0 0
Score : 74

Cuwl D:

0 0
Score : 995
Oamoka|2011-05-25 11:22:55
Hmmm... I see a new hat, a trumpet (?) emote, a guitar (or sitar) emote, a dance emote... and the bow emote is probably someone halfway through manolias. Interesting.
Izmar has said before that they create screenshots from scratch, they don't create scenes in the game and capture the image of the game. Which is probably an easier way to do it if you own the database of sprites, maps and whatnot laugh 
0 0
Score : 2978

Just when you thought Dofus couldn't get any Weirder... There is is!

0 0
Respond to this thread