FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Selling items to merchants?

By #HawkWilson March 04, 2006, 03:23:22

Is there any way to just sell items to merchants (NPCs) without having to set some sell price and have other players buy the items from the merchants? I just want to take what I found while killing mobs and just sell it all in a shop to make some quick cash without waiting for a person to actually buy it. Is the only way to sell items to sell it to other players?

If selling to players is the only way to get rid of items (without just dropping them anyway) is there some master price list that contains the going price for most basic items? It is rather annoying to have to look in every one of the hundreds of shops around to find what other players are selling items for so I can try to underbid them just to get mine to sell.

• Nytehawk
0 0
Reactions 7
Score : 1196

The npcs that have buy/sell on their name (like for example the ones that sell recall potions or that sell miners picks etc.) they buy resources and weapons (ethereal weapons sell better to them than on the open market) for a very VERY cheap rate.

What kind of items do you have? Some common items sell almost as fast as you put them up -- and for a bit more than the one or two kamas that the NPC pays for them.

0 0
Score : 42

Yes I have seen them before. Whenever I click on them they just ask how many of a particular item I want to sell and what I want to sell it for. I assume then I only get the money if a player actually buys that item off the merchant. I was looking for a way to just empty my inventory quickly and get some cash for it at the same time like most other games with shops.

The idea of a player only purchase system is rather interesting but it makes it really hard to make money. If you only have a few items to sell and you have no idea what the going rate is, it seems like it would be rather hard to make money.

Is there a FAQ anyplace that has a good game guide? I read through the one on this site as well as the Wiki one and they don't really explain all that much about how certain things work.

I guess I will just have to experiment with it a bit more.

• Nytehawk
0 0
Score : 1196

No, you are not in the right spot, there are ones that have buy/sell just like that -- are you P2P or not? There are NPCs that buy items for low cash on the spot, like the miner at -1, 10, for example.

Check acdragonx.com/dofus which is a great forum that has a section called THE INFORMARY and you'll really learn a lot.

0 0
Score : 11334

You need to talk to the NPCs who have "Buy/Sell" as a single option, not to the Sellroom NPCs who have "Buy" and "Sell" listed as separate lines. For example, Nibe Lulle in the Alchemist's Sellroom, Oli Vendors near the Lumberjack Workshop, etc.

• DS
0 0
Score : 42

Ahh! Thanks for all the info! I will give it a try.

0 0
Score : 618
A warning: the buy/sell merchants will give you a *lot* less (10-20% on average) than other players (via the sell rooms) will, via the sell room. Plus you're denying other players the opportunity to get your stuff.

I'd recommend waiting for the extra money. If you need to drop weight from your character, stick stuff in the bank - the cost to access your account isn't that high, compared to your profits...

I can't comment on the profits that come from standing in one spot and spamming saying that you have stuff for exchange - too annoying (for buyer and seller both) for me to try. The prices seem comparable to the sell rooms, for the most part. Perhaps they sell quicker.
0 0
Score : 74

I don't believe that they do, really. I only resort to the 'stand around method' when I have reached my marketplace limit, or have something that's a higher level than the merchant will take.

0 0
Respond to this thread