FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Event ideas-- throw 'em at us!

By mariemonster#3108 March 08, 2006, 22:02:53
Amakna Events guild is dedicated to bringing more events to the Rushu server.. but we can't do that without knowing what you guys want. Have ideas? Put them here! From crazy to practical, actual events to just fundraiser ideas, we want them all. Let us know!

Contact info:
Whisper in-game either MissMarie, Myriad, or Timeshaper.

Feel free to also pm Myri or I on the acdragon boards (acdragonx.com/dofus), or just post your ideas here.

Here is a list of what is being considered so far, along with problems that may complicate each from happening. This is time for brainstorming!

Current Ideas

• various pvp competitions with limits to class, equipment, levels, etc.
  • hide-and-go-seek or 'fugitive' events
  • large guild pvp competitions (problem! the prize would have to be a lot.)
  • races (problem! cannot be near a zaap to prevent cheating.)
  • scavenger hunt (problem! last time the clues were.. a bit too hard. okay, that was my fault. but clues shouldn't be too easy or too hard or else it would end too soon.)

Next Event Problem and Solutions

"Keepaway/Battle Royale Event"

• two teams: one bonta and one brak. They defend a selected person on the team until the goal is reached, like maybe a 'flagholder' or something.
  • held at the Cania zaaps, one for Bonta and one for Brak to start off at.
  • I'm either thinking reach a certain point first without aggression, or keeping the selected person defeat-free for a certain amount of time.

Problem? This next event can get ugly if we aren't careful, but I feel that putting up enough ample warnings can stop that. Cania can also get ugly with outside players looking to aggress for bigger wings, and would probably turn into a big battleground afterwards. :p

Overall problem with events so far is turnout. I personally feel this will improve with time, but I also need to find a time when people are on the server most. I'll try and contact the mods and see if maybe they can give me an answer to that.
0 0
Reactions 16
Score : 521
Him, sounds interesting. I'll say Most people are on in USA at like around 5:00 PM. Kids and Adults are osly on from Work, and after School. I didn't say that they can play durring work or schoool though. >_>
0 0
Score : 775
Citation
various pvp competitions with limits to class, equipment, levels, etc.

The class competitions could be held in the class' temples, even though it might be less interesting to see two sadidas cast bramble on eachother for 5 turns. And how long would it take for an eni to kill another eni?
Citation
hide-and-go-seek or 'fugitive' events

Just don't make the playing grounds to "cania plains" tongue
Citation
large guild pvp competitions (problem! the prize would have to be a lot.)

Wouldn't the honour be enough? What was the price in the french server? (I saw that they have had a similar event)
Citation
races (problem! cannot be near a zaap to prevent cheating.)

Sounds fun! Race you over the pandala bridge! Yay! How do you check who is in and who's just passing by? You could also make a race over a battle map. Some classes have a big advantage here, so it might be better to have it class by class. Just start a challenge and the first player to reach you wins.
Citation
scavenger hunt (problem! last time the clues were.. a bit too hard. okay, that was my fault. but clues shouldn't be too easy or too hard or else it would end too soon.)

I've seen a lot of complains about this, but never mind that. I think it's a great idea.
Citation
Next Event Problem and Solutions

The Baby Brawl
level < 10 pvp for small prizes. perfect for folks just starting out.
held weekly or bi-weekly? you decide!
Problem? Getting new players to know about this event! New players are least likely to check the boards because a lot just don't know what's going on or what to do.

Have a town cryer placed somewhere in Astrub where many new players are supposed to pass by, like the undergrounds.
0 0
I have written more in the thread "More interactive world" (see more here)
http://forum.dofus.com/topic_en.php?id=12627

To sum the events up

• Areas under attack!

For instance, the gobball mating season is here! A huge army of gobbs are rampaging through amakna, and threaten to damage the buildings if they're not stopped. They could remove all merchants from the maps and make it impossible to put up merchants as long as the invasion lasts (and if the gobbs arn't killed, they will start attracting more gobbs).

• The battle of X

The conflict between Bonta and Brâkmar gets is first big battle. The battleground is somewhere between Bonta and Brâkmar. Set a date, and let the aligned players prepare. If a player dies, he can't join the battle again even if his side wins. The side with most victories after an hour get a price of some kind (except all the honour points won that day).
0 0
Score : 3333
Freeborn--these are about user-created events. The events you're talking about in your second post concern things GMs have to do.
0 0
O sorry, I thought this would be backed up by GMs.
I think the tournaments are the best idea. Start up by getting 16 or 32 or 64 players in it. Have them fight eachothers in teams by 8. When only 8 remains, split the group in any way the ref chooses to. When 4 remains, split them again. The one who finally wins get some kind of price.
And have them on different maps, so that one week its a really small map (inside a house) and next it's the bridge to Sufokia and so on.
0 0
Score : 2909
well i have some idee's like a hunt for who can cottelc a certand amont of items or the person that kills the most enemy's wins or a team pvp chanllace combat well i hope you like the idee's
0 0
Score : 161
Jiva has just has a big guild tournament, who was supported by game moderators by making accesible different maps for the tournament battles and letting people watch. As it has already been done, it should not be too difficult to transport it to other servers, as the maps and set-up work has already been done.

The final battle, with everyone wearing a Bora, or those battles with three wyrms at the same time, look cool, even if only as a spectator.
0 0
I'm glad they're doing that, then. And yeah! I want to plan a guild pvp.. I'll just have to do a lot of commissions for it. X3
0 0
Score : 251
OPEN THE SERIANES FOLLOWERS !!!!!!!!!!! It ll be really fine and open it for everyone (both f2p and p2p)
0 0
Could we use the bounty hunting stuff in some way? Show up with one of the wanted persons and score a point.
0 0
Score : 2979
Citation
OPEN THE SERIANES FOLLOWERS !!!!!!!!!!! It ll be really fine and open it for everyone (both f2p and p2p)

First, Marie and company, bless their souls, have no ability to do this. They, out of the goodness of their hearts, are creating player-organized events, not official ones.

Second, Seriane is still only on Jiva -- and only in beta there.

Third, it is unlikely Seriane would be open to F2P, as it require it's members to roam all over Amakna looking for contracts.

Back on topic: I love the ideas of a guild PvP tournament and a naked tournament.

Any thoughts on races? First to collect X of something. Fastest to level X. Fastest to kill X of something. Fastest to get to X, Y, and Z.
0 0
Hello again!

Yes, we have some variations of races that have been suggested. If you are registered at the acdragon forum and would like to pitch a few additional ideas in, this is the link:

http://acdragonx.com/dofus/viewtopic.php(..)

Additional ideas since last post:

• married races (must be in an area with no zaaps... moon island? hurm!)
  • birthday parties! (but how would we verify the birthdays of players?)

Having a married race would be interesting--but to prevent zaaping to the spouse, I think both Wabbit Island and Moon Island prevent that feature from being used. Also, Wabbit Island is aggro-riffic, and would be a good idea for making the race interesting.

Races that center around being the fastest to kill a monster would be good, save for if someone has a resource from that monster already. A probable solution to this would be to have all players on one map, find spawns that (probably would have to be) the same in order to be fair, then time the kills. But finding spawns that are the same on one map most likely aren't possible.

Another person suggested birthday parties, where a small gift is supplied to the person who is celebrating their birthday that month, to show that Dofus cares about them. That's honestly a great idea, but again, turnout is unpredictable. What if so many players show up for this that we don't have enough money/gifts to cover them all?
0 0
Also! Another guild, Joint Task Force, has gotten into the spirit and is hosting a Saint Patrick's Day parade this upcoming Friday. The parade will start at -2, 0 at 4:20 Dofus Time. Wear green attire!

http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=(..)
0 0
Bringing this thread back up to mention the Amakna Square boards now has an events forum. Please check there for announcements and upcoming stuff.
0 0
Score : 918
Why dont u charge an entry fee for the guild events.. say its like 10 ppl battle make it like 50kk each to enter.. maybe less the winner gets the combined amount.. + then if the guild thinks its good enough it will oput in the money +10 ppl is only 5kk each person not 2 much
0 0
I've changed the first post to a new project that I think will have a much better turnout than the one before-- a Keepaway/Battle Royale event. Protect one person on the team, a 'flagholder', maybe starting out at one of the cania zaaps and trying to reach a certain goal in the 'fowest', like maybe the secret cave where you start the wabbit quest would be good. It's risky and will probably end in lots of aggressions afterwards, so only winged folks who feel like playing dirty should enter this. Not to mention there'll probably be a
0 0
Respond to this thread