FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Where are the pvm incentives ?

By Skeena - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - October 19, 2011, 20:10:12

The game rewards pvp way too much.

The only point in pvm is to try can get a rare drop while the pvp players and just keep fighting other players for huge exp, which is MUCH faster then running a dungeon, and can then use the rewards for soul stones to skip whole dungeons or just sell them for huge profit and buy anything they need.

The game is ruled by kama buyers and multiple accounts users.

0 0
Reactions 16
Score : 9

do u see all the mobs with stars now. it is because the game is focused on the pvp, a disappointing development because pvp is really just who has the best 'equips'

0 0
Score : 9392
Yaoshua|2011-10-19 20:15:37
do u see all the mobs with stars now. it is because the game is focused on the pvp, a disappointing development because pvp is really just who has the best 'equips'

Not even that. God bad equips? It'll just give you a lower score because of your losses until you have 50% winning odds again. Levels, equips, spells, strategy - nothing matters anymore. You might as well enter the kolisseum naked.
0 0
Score : 1557

Woah. Naked 3 v 3? /=) I like where this thread is going.

2 0
Score : 8191

I'm reminded of the Feca converting to 2.0 video... (anyone remember that?)

Ahem, incentive 1: PvM has a less risk of wasting your Dofus day in the sense that you are less likely to be paired up with bad players; netting your daily XP score/matts/Kama to that of which is ZERO.

Oh, and another incentive -- much more grinding! (oh wait; pausing sarcastically!)

-Cato

0 0
Score : 277
Skeena|2011-10-19 20:10:12
use the rewards for soul stones to skip whole dungeons or just sell them for huge profit and buy anything they need.

It doesn't work this way. you do NOT get full soulstones from pvp anymore. the new tokens from PVP allow you to buy shards that are used to make EMPTY soulstones people can use to go capture mobs.
0 0
Score : 2801

Well, on my server, the PvM froze completely after the Colloseum release. I kind of tried it as nobody is doing PvM, but I'm not really excited about it. If it was 2v2, I would never return to PvM again, I love 2v2. =] 

0 0
Score : 13101

Kolo is new and exciting, so there will be a large majority of people giving it a try. I'm a 99% PvM player, and even I took 2 days to give the Kolo arena a try (actually found it very fun)... BUT, now that I got that out of my system, I'm TOTALLY excited to get back to PvM dungeon running. I have a feeling there are many PvM players feeling the same way I am, and will begin to get back to old habits.

Anytime something new is released on Dofus, it tends to draw people away for a little bit. But have no fear, the dungeons will once again feel the wrath! biggrin

Looking forward to the weekend,
Benjamight

p.s. If any of you are on Shika, feel free to drop my a message in game, and you can join my team for dungeon runs. smile 

0 0
Score : 2801
Benja-might|2011-10-20 14:32:43
Kolo is new and exciting, so there will be a large majority of people giving it a try. I'm a 99% PvM player, and even I took 2 days to give the Kolo arena a try (actually found it very fun)... BUT, now that I got that out of my system, I'm TOTALLY excited to get back to PvM dungeon running. I have a feeling there are many PvM players feeling the same way I am, and will begin to get back to old habits.

Anytime something new is released on Dofus, it tends to draw people away for a little bit. But have no fear, the dungeons will once again feel the wrath! biggrin

Looking forward to the weekend,
Benjamight

p.s. If any of you are on Shika, feel free to drop my a message in game, and you can join my team for dungeon runs. smile
I'm on Solar unfortunately, although I'm happy to do Kolo for a few days, just to get some of the trophies. I've enough tokens for the medium one after a few fights already and I guess people will do PvM again by the time I have enough tokens for the tier 3 trophy. It's not a bad way to level up either. Not better than a proper hunt, but still very nice.
0 0
Score : 3463

I do agree that there are everyday less people doing PvM. And that PvP members get much more things.
I just hope that there will be something new for the PvM players like me ;/
One day dofus will be only ruled all about PvP in my eyes. God I wish the old dofus o.O

0 0
Score : 4518
MisTbladEr|2011-10-20 14:44:51
I've enough tokens for the medium one after a few fights already and I guess people will do PvM again by the time I have enough tokens for the tier 3 trophy.

You have 220 tokens after a few fights? How?!

Also, the major trophies cost 2220 tokens. So... it should take quite a while for anyone to get them.
0 0
Score : 656

don't forget the craftable trophies.

These right here are another big advantage pvp players have over pvm. If you do not pvp you cant get rating to use trophies.

0 0
Score : 237

And if you dont pvp, then you will eventualy give all your kama to pvpers for soul stones, then when your out of kama, you can ether buy kama or start pvping your self, but at that time, they the pvpers will have used YOUR kama to buy even better gear, which will keep you from winning enough battles to make it worth it. I spent 5mk on soulstones last monday to counteract ankama forcing people to pvp.

I would like to see some pvm dofus-trohpies something with the qualifications of ;Last time participated in pvp > 3, 6, and 12 months. WITH combined total monster kill 200*amount of pvp battles;

0 0
Score : 3239
Pandora42|2011-10-21 01:43:32
And if you dont pvp, then you will eventualy give all your kama to pvpers for soul stones, then when your out of kama, you can ether buy kama or start pvping your self, but at that time, they the pvpers will have used YOUR kama to buy even better gear, which will keep you from winning enough battles to make it worth it. I spent 5mk on soulstones last monday to counteract ankama forcing people to pvp.

I would like to see some pvm dofus-trohpies something with the qualifications of ;Last time participated in pvp > 3, 6, and 12 months. WITH combined total monster kill 200*amount of pvp battles;

You are awesome. And apparently very rich, lol.

Although it is important to remember that pvm has its benefits to those who aren't insanely rich. I mean Eternal Harvest is one decent example, but I think Dragon Pig may be a better one, as no matter how many times you do it, the excitement of getting a new dofus is so much fun.

IMO

PVP: Gives more xp, more risky
PVM: Gives more kamas, rather easy until epic levels
0 0
Score : 8191
HCMongoose|2011-10-21 08:21:48

PVP: Gives more xp, more risky
PVM: Gives more kamas, rather easy until epic levels
Not neccecerrly accurate - with the recent Kama-lowering update.

...unless ya meant Kama in an indirect sense; such as drops.
0 0
Score : 312

lalala

0 0
Score : 213

The battle system in Dofus is directly inspired by Final Fantasy Tactics. For those who haven't had the pleasure of seeing this game (or even better, playing it. xD), it was a tactical RPG almost exclusively based around group battles. Fights take place on isometric three dimensional maps, just like in Dofus, except in FFT, there is an element of 'height/incline', which affects movement and line of sight. I could go on to point out all of the similarities, but it's besides the point, which is that Dofus was intended to be a primarily pvp-based game from the start. The developers themselves have even said this (or maybe it was Lichen, I can't recall sadly, but it was said in an interview I read recently).

I try to avoid speaking with a bias, but I will put forward that I was attracted to the alignment and pvp aspects from the start (and most particularly, the resemblance to FFT, one of my favorite games). Personally, although I enjoy completing quests and killing monsters and such, I find little more thrilling than the challenge of trying to outwit a real, thinking opponent - or several. xD

PVM is great and all, but it's just not the same. Not to mention, given all the multiclienting that goes on these days, it makes the game feel more .... massively multiplayer.. ^^

As for the topic at hand, this update plus a few recent ones are in no way favoring one side or the other - there have been plenty of updates to both pvm and pvp. There's the entirety of Frigost and Vulkania expansions - dozens of new dungeons, new sets, new monsters, etc etc., a major PVM community event with Groz' and Gras', and the recent update to the way stars are handled with mobs, reducing the time required to gain them in half (which might help explain why mobs have so many more stars lately, in addition to the Kollo' Kraze). There's been updates of all sorts lately, Dofus is not pvp nor pvm, it is both. Plus, there's STILL a whole part of frigost yet to be released... the pvp system has needed a revamp for some time, so I think after a bunch of pvm updates, a few pvp ones can't be so bad.. ^^

Also, let us reexamine this update a bit - it's not exactly a pure pvp update. It's a massive profession buff as well - miner, lumberjack, alchemist,SHIELDSMITH.. A lot of the recipes also give use and more value to various materials, for example, flint, tin, and artefacts. It's also a buff to pvm, as the trophies allow for some very interesting builds to be achieved, as well as allow for plenty more customization for your character. Sure, you might have to fight some to earn the rating required to use the trophies as well as the materials to make them, but it's not very hard to get up to 1200, just takes a little persistence. And as for the soul stones, to me they are the vital link that keeps pvm and pvp intertwined. Kollosium fails if enough people don't participate in it, and as well, neither system ought to 'outweigh' the other, as this too would be bad for the game. For it to function properly, they either need to be completely separate, or dependent on each other, and at least for now, Ankama is opting for the latter.

So, pvm incentives you ask? Well, the demand for equipment isn't exactly going away, is it? If anything, it's going to go up as more people become interested in getting better gear to fight with. Just because you can -potentially- earn better experience in the kolossium as well as unique materials doesn't mean the need to fight monsters is going away. In fact, I'm not even going to suggest that you make better money in the kollosium because I honestly doubt it, I am sure you achieve better kamas per hour running dungeons or working your professions, as the only thing you get from kollo directly is emote scrolls and pebbles. The trophies themselves require additional materials from various mobs and gathering professions, so in that regard I say they're more of a pvm buff, honestly.

....and here I am writing a book again, I do this too much. I'll just end with a thought, why must we always look at changes as being a (pvm/pvp) (buff/nerf)... why can't we just look at them as being DOFUS buffs? ^^ The idea is to make the game better, not to ruin people's fun.

P.S. I'm totally addicted to kollo already, by the way.. xD I'm already up to almost 900 kollossokens. That said, anyone with enough determination can probably get a major trophy made in about three days or so of grinding.

1 0
Respond to this thread