FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

What the **** is going on?

By TheAvatarAang November 02, 2011, 03:57:41

meanwhile, there have been a lot of attacks from some Canadian hacker.(supposed to be canadian) and ANKAMA HAS DONE BUT NOTHING. The English and Spanish commutiny are suffering from this masive hack. We need and answer NOW. what the hell is going on?!!

now, meanwhile somewhere in Canada:

0 0
Reactions 9
Score : 17556

Ankama Shield. Must I say anything else? Its your own stuff he is taking your items and you don't have Ankama Shield activated.

0 0
Score : 168

No, is not AS

The most part of my community affected gamers (Hispanic) had the AS activated, never shared accounts, and they got hacked....how do you explain that? is there a failure in the system?

0 0
Score : 4480
TheAvatarAang|2011-11-02 04:02:54
No, is not AS

The most part of my community affected gamers (Hispanic) had the AS activated, never shared accounts, and they got hacked....how do you explain that? is there a failure in the system?
turn on AS. end of discussion. if your crap is taken WHILE AS is activated, it aint ankama's fault, problem, or issue to take care of. it is yours and yours alone. sweep your computer with an ANTIVIRUS to check for KEYLOGGERS. if you have a keylogger, it doesnt matter what security you have in place because they'll have access to the same information you do. so before you people start throwing accusations at ankama, do a reality check and make sure your computer isnt compromised.
1 0
Score : 113
talith|2011-11-02 04:36:21
No, is not AS

turn on AS. end of discussion. if your crap is taken WHILE AS is activated, it aint ankama's fault, problem, or issue to take care of. it is yours and yours alone. sweep your computer with an ANTIVIRUS to check for KEYLOGGERS. if you have a keylogger, it doesnt matter what security you have in place because they'll have access to the same information you do. so before you people start throwing accusations at ankama, do a reality check and make sure your computer isnt compromised.

"if your crap is taken WHILE AS is activated, it aint ankama's fault, problem, or issue to take care of."
I think you meant "If your crap was taken while AS wasn't activated." Because if AS -IS- on.. and you still get hacked or whatever.. then yea, I'm pretty sure it's their fault for giving us a shitty defense system and if you get hacked with it activated, it is their issue to take care of.
0 0
Azui|2011-11-02 04:41:43
talith|2011-11-02 04:36:21
No, is not AS

"if your crap is taken WHILE AS is activated, it aint ankama's fault, problem, or issue to take care of."
I think you meant "If your crap was taken while AS wasn't activated." Because if AS -IS- on.. and you still get hacked or whatever.. then yea, I'm pretty sure it's their fault for giving us a shitty defense system and if you get hacked with it activated, it is their issue to take care of.
you dont even know what AS can DO do you? with AS activated and someone logging your account from an unverified -computer- not network, COMPUTER, they cannot trade, cannot drop, cannot destroy, cannot interact with bank, cannot interact with house (not that they should be able to because those have CODES for a reason), cannot interact with house chests, cannot interact with public paddocks, cannot interact with GUILD paddocks, cannot ACCESS guild functions, cannot alter your spells, cannot alter your characteristics. they cant even participate in group fights.

check and sweep your computer for viruses and keyloggers. if your crap got taken while AS is activated, it means your computer is compromised. not ankama's servers, your computer. i'm not repeating this to sound like a retard. if you have a keylogger, that means anything you do on a computer is compromised. you log into your email? whoever owns the keylogger can now log into your email. you log into dofus while a keylogger is lurking? they can now log into your DOFUS ACCOUNT. you log into your account to resubscribe, and then log into your email with a keylogger lurking? well then, guess what? you just gave the keylogger's controller FULL AND UNFETTERED ACCESS to your accounts. and absolutely none of it is ankama's fault, and entirely the player's fault.

Mod Edit
Lets keep in mind to reply nicely please
Themis

2 0
Score : 2324

I've also had some person with a Canadian IP address hacking into my account numerous times. Never shared my password and I always scan my computer with 2 different antivirus programs.
I'm just wondering if Ankama would do anything to this hacker since the IP is known.

0 0
Score : 7871

IP is most likely from a proxy server or something. I doubt he is stupid enough to let it be traced directly back to him.

0 0
Score : 5266

Yes activate AS whe its causing problems for alot of people, people get locked out of their own acc some how people cant subscribe so atm i am not activating it as itll cause to much hassle

0 0
Sackrace|2011-11-03 22:49:35
Yes activate AS whe its causing problems for alot of people, people get locked out of their own acc some how people cant subscribe so atm i am not activating it as itll cause to much hassle
ankama has repeatedly said to keep your information up to date. if your email expires because of your own actions, and you dont update your ankama account with a new email address, and suddenly you cant access the account because you NEED that email address. its your fault. plus, i'm willing to bet that MANY of the people whining about being locked out of "their" account are account sharers getting a karmic boot up the ass. so... its not faulty security systems, its faulty USER intelligence.
0 0
Respond to this thread