FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Want a Petsmount? Well to bad

By xAfflictionx - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - December 09, 2011, 06:22:10

So after the first petsmount was released there was a swarm of people out looking to try to obtain it, but what happens to the casual people that like to solo and play alone? They end up not being able to complete it and leave empty handed. I figured there would be a swarm of new petsmounts able to be used by everyone since people have been looking for something other than dragoturkeys for so long but apparently that's not the case. When I seen this new one I figured Ankama would make this at least semi gettable for the casual guys but no, you give us "days on days of quests" to do to get it....WTF? After going though a seeming endless amount of quests with a poorly designed organizing interface, translating French/Spanish guides because the quest details are stupidly vague, I end up being forced to fight monsters/bosses that are ridiculously strong and am now stuck for good. Why can't petsmounts like this be mass produced or worked into the handyman skill so that one level 60 can have something special to ride around on for once instead of the hand full of 199's and 200's that have them? I know some people want them to stay rare and special, but at least give us casual guys something to have other than retarded turkeys I wouldn't mind if it's common. I mean it's Christmas and other MMOs make so EVERYONE get's a rewarding prize for some minimal effort so everyone's happy! and now I guess I'm just going to leave this island empty handed...again. I just wanted to get this out there. But does anyone else feel this way?

0 0
Reactions 27
Score : 44

Agreed I got stuck on Betty and now it doesn't look like I'll be getting anything this Christmas either. Never have I seen a company think that days on days worth of quests in order to get a mount that's probably not any better than a dragoturkey was a good idea or fun. The other MMO's I played had 1 quest with respectable length and difficulty and was able to be completed by everyone but in this game the casual guys are totally screwed from the get go. Not to mention Dofus's quest tab is GARBAGE having 20+ quests from that one freaking island all jumbled up on one section was a mess. And I agree the quest details are way to vague, I mean I'm on a giant island and you want me to just go find a guy without direction? ok be back in 2 hours. I'm getting off course but bottom line this is a poor way to say Merry Christmas to your players.

0 0
Score : 3056

Take 50 goblimp jokes to the goblimp at [-31,-91] for the kwistmas incarnation goblimp. In my opinion much better than the mount. You get goblimp jokes from pressants. Theres your casual players gift for christmas.

However I agree some of the bosses on this island are rediculous, eg: the third kwistmas dungeon boss hits for close too 800 3x a round. Or summons a boss a turn after turn 5. Dragon pigs, tor's ect. With the new top end hp reductions and unbewitchment system it makes this dungeon next to impossible. Not to mention the boss itself (think its called farther whumpa) Has 15k hp and if it gets linier it intantly kills you. Nuff Said Realy, I have the incarn', I will hopefully get lucky and beat the third dungeon for the emote. Then I'm done. The tedium of some of these quest bosses and the 3rd dungeon really isn't fun. What where the devs thinking?

Not everyone is 200 and even for those who are its stupidly hard!

0 0
Score : 447

There is no emote as reward for the third dung so you might aswell quit right away

You get the freezing emote for beating L.O. Athsome, which is a Quest boss

0 0
Score : 114

BEating L.O? You make it sound possible. =P Yea. They went way overboard with this questing for the petsmount. They really need to tone it down and nerf some of their bosses so it's actually POSSIBLE for anyone, not just a class with a big BADABOOM spell, to beat it.

0 0
Score : 3056
Chrolo|2011-12-09 09:47:18
There is no emote as reward for the third dung so you might aswell quit right away

I thought they said a new emote, incarnation and petsmount was being realeased. The give gift emote was from last year.... So whats the new one and where do you get it from?
0 0
Score : 570

Everyone should know by now the lvl 200's get the petsmounts and the rest (majority) of the community get the crappy consulation prizes lol. That's how it was on Vulkania and how it is on Kwismas Island. I think it's funny that some fools actually try to buy the Madreggon from high lvls thinkin they are gonna ride it. lol I don't even care about the thing this time. Hell I spent hours last time helping the high lvls get into the dungeon and none of them offered to let me tag along for my effort. I'm a semi-high lvl now and enjoy helping those lower lvls get cool things or complete tough dungeons when I can. Anyway, If I get one cool, if not "oh well".

0 0
Score : -174
AngryBeardIvI|2011-12-09 18:36:31
Chrolo|2011-12-09 09:47:18

I thought they said a new emote, incarnation and petsmount was being realeased. The give gift emote was from last year.... So whats the new one and where do you get it from?
0 0
Score : 581
Saltine|2011-12-09 18:43:17
Everyone should know by now the lvl 200's get the petsmounts and the rest (majority) of the community get the crappy consulation prizes lol. That's how it was on Vulkania and how it is on Kwismas Island.

It's actually the reverse this time around. Try making a new alt, take it to Krismas Island and look over the quests it gets.
0 0
Score : 2278

I suggest hit and run.

0 0
Score : 1090

If i see all i heard of L.O. he's unbeatable but im lvl 103 sac and i beat him pretty easely... i know that yours are much stronger cus ur higher lvl but you guys also are stronger so......

0 0
Score : 1901
Everyone should know by now the lvl 200's get the petsmounts and the rest (majority) of the community get the crappy consulation prizes lol.

not really true... if you are a lvl 200 singleaccounter and in a very small guild, you have absolutely no chance to get it too. because you allways get hardcoredungeons for the merry kwismas star quest like bworker or ougaa! try beating those then!
0 0
Score : 593

For Betty just don't hit her with Close Combat, spells do not buff her.

0 0
Score : 658
Marleen|2011-12-11 16:56:43
Everyone should know by now the lvl 200's get the petsmounts and the rest (majority) of the community get the crappy consulation prizes lol.

not really true... if you are a lvl 200 singleaccounter and in a very small guild, you have absolutely no chance to get it too. because you allways get hardcoredungeons for the merry kwismas star quest like bworker or ougaa! try beating those then!
Exactly, I think I am finally done with this game.
0 0
Score : 594

Cmon guys. Petsmount is like ochre dofus. Everyone can get it but mid game lvls must work too hard to get it.

Take a lvl 200 for example. Owner worked for few months/ years to get so far. Someone who played for 1 month and is lvl 100 cant expect to get something so rare, so exlusive like slayhoud.

All i can say find good group and hunt some good exp mobs on kwis island. I have 450wis and i got 3mk per 10mins of fighting with 8 lvl 160-180 . In 1 month u can lvl alot here. Hunt presents and maybe u will get something rare. I got toady with 58 agi lol. Its not worth much but still.

Dont try to hard for slayhoud cus 95% of you wont get it. U have chances if u have few lvl 200 friends like i do.

0 -1
Score : 658
Matex1107|2011-12-11 20:45:50
Cmon guys. Petsmount is like ochre dofus. Everyone can get it but mid game lvls must work too hard to get it.

Take a lvl 200 for example. Owner worked for few months/ years to get so far. Someone who played for 1 month and is lvl 100 cant expect to get something so rare, so exlusive like slayhoud.

All i can say find good group and hunt some good exp mobs on kwis island. I have 450wis and i got 3mk per 10mins of fighting with 8 lvl 160-180 . In 1 month u can lvl alot here. Hunt presents and maybe u will get something rare. I got toady with 58 agi lol. Its not worth much but still.

Dont try to hard for slayhoud cus 95% of you wont get it. U have chances if u have few lvl 200 friends like i do.
Actually its the opposite, low and mid levels can easily expect to get the petsmount while high levels have to work hard.
0 0
Score : 1487

Id like to contradict xD
I think making this crapload of quests and OP Monsters/Bosses is nice. If your really determined, and you really want it, you'll work hard for it. Not just a few lousy quests and BAM "You have received 1 'Slayhound'"... Wheres the chalenge guys? xD
Just because your having trouble with it, or your impatient, or just want things to go easy, doesnt mean everyone wants that.
I think its cool that petsmount are exclusive, and that they require a buttload of work. Of course thats my opinion, so alot (maybe all? xD) might disagree with me =T

1 0
Score : 238

I'd be happy if L.O was at all beatable with with agi/cha Eca. But its literally IMPOSIBLE. The only way I'll get a petsmount is if they nerf L.O. . I just have the wrong build/class to take on that menace, and that's pretty annoying.

0 0
Score : 11366
xazerith|2011-12-12 14:21:41
I'd be happy if L.O was at all beatable with with agi/cha Eca. But its literally IMPOSIBLE. The only way I'll get a petsmount is if they nerf L.O. . I just have the wrong build/class to take on that menace, and that's pretty annoying.

... I didn't even know an Agility/Chance Ecaflip was remotely feasible. I tried making an Agility/Chance Ecaflip back in the day, but I died left and right, and started a new Strength Ecaflip and never looked back. (This was before stat resets were added to the game. Heck, this was before Astrub was in the game)

Anyway, I haven't tried fighting L.O. Athsome yet. I'm not looking forward to it, but lots of people have said they beat him after a few tries (and at least one person said they beat him on the first try), so it's not impossible. I hope.
0 0
Score : 8527
Darkstorm|2011-12-12 15:57:50
xazerith|2011-12-12 14:21:41

... I didn't even know an Agility/Chance Ecaflip was remotely feasible. I tried making an Agility/Chance Ecaflip back in the day, but I died left and right, and started a new Strength Ecaflip and never looked back. (This was before stat resets were added to the game. Heck, this was before Astrub was in the game)

Anyway, I haven't tried fighting L.O. Athsome yet. I'm not looking forward to it, but lots of people have said they beat him after a few tries (and at least one person said they beat him on the first try), so it's not impossible. I hope.
Dont worry it is easy in our lvls.. (Just dont GO 130+ stay 130- to beat him easily!)

And everyone else: STOP GODDAMN SPAMMERS CREATING NEW THREADS! CREATE ONE (1) (WANA DRAW IT ?) THREAD AND POST THERE YOUR COMPLAIMENTS...STOP CRYING..jeez....

~Greenubuntu~
0 0
Respond to this thread