FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Good ol days.

By ownage-pwnagetwo - SUBSCRIBER - January 03, 2012, 05:57:34

What was your memory back in 1.29 wink? If there is a topic like this feel free to close it. My memory was when i tried to get a gobball head gear and it took so long. but now its.. not fun to get anymore lets bring it to that.

0 0
Reactions 20
Score : 4089

Back when I killed a level 42 perc with my level 24 Osa. But that was way too long ago biggrin 

0 0
Score : 342

The very first time I leveled up a character, I distributed characteristic points evenly between my stats so I could be well rounded.

0 0
Score : 1484

Being level 41 and still using a boon set xD

0 0
Score : -197

Too many good memories to tell.

Being a Str Osamodas fighting alongside a friend who happens to be an Int Iop. Laughing at Dofus for being the only RPG that enables a viable
intelligence build to a "knight" class and strenght build to a "summoner" class. Come to think of it, I guess I was the only STR Osa during that time (maybe up to now). Although Str is a viable, somewhat overkill, as summon destroyer build, it is pretty useless against other situation. Kinda like Kurapika of "Hunter X Hunter" whose power is extremely powerful but only against one group of enemy.

Most of the good ol days memories is not associated with the good ol version of Dofus 1.xx. I think those good times are due to our growth and excitement of the game over the years. The same difficulty of obtaining a gobball headgear is still in the 2.xx version for new players. We just don't find it exciting anymore because we have "done that, did this". I see new players who would beg for a gobball headgears as IF it was a big deal to have one of those (when in fact, I would just throw them out as a useless bag of weight, figuratively speaking coz I save them for newbies.)

As we progress in dofus, we learn new things and we grow. As a result, we lost our excitement on things that we considered as something that we have already accomplished. After reaching level 200, a players will lose the excitement of making a level 200 since he have already done that. We then look for other things to do, but unfortunately, the rate by which hardcore gamers accomplishes goals makes new content become old content faster than the speed of light.

All I am saying is, it is not 1.29 that makes "good ol days", it is actually the players playing experiences that we remember as being good, no matter what version the game is.

1 0
Score : 250

My FAVORITE memory had to be when I FIRST started Dofus back in 2005 when I tried making a Agility-based Enu and saying it was BOSS!! Oh LORD, the things I needed to learn and experience! I thank my old friends for setting me straight on that!

0 0
Score : 1064

My best memory is my first cra wich i also distributed my stats randomly xD.Some in strenght,agility,intellegence ect.And then i found my ''mentor'' i was pretty rubbish and someone invited me to a guild with high levels so it was really cool for me.Someone even bought me an overmaged gob set.And then after some months i quit cus i was rubbish and then i came back whit a new char.My mentor still played back then but when i came back he was thinking to quit whit his alts....So he did some hunts whit me and teached me other cool things about dofus....2 months later he quitted......Oh and i also remember dragoturkeys to give % speed bonus?? and i also remember houses in astrub being buyable XD.

0 0
slachter|2012-01-03 10:11:37
and i also remember houses in astrub being buyable XD.
Well, I still have 3 houses in astrub up for sale (even though it has been 1 year since I last played in Solar). tongue 
0 0
Score : 6

I just loved,when you started the game and you would have a tuturial killing a archnee.. so me and my friends stay in tuturial until we get lvl 4\5, and then going to the mine in astrub killing sick tofus, and then the gobbs, every kama was VERY important to buy gob set oh boy ^^, and making a group to kill boars and prespic in astrub....

OR when you only could play 7 days and then you have to pay to continue playing, and you started in tainela lol good old days^^ all my friends played dofus back then^^

When magus could summon black tofu*.*
When sram could atck in inv modeohmy
When blank, inter, revo love power cf st amazonia and chance WEREthe guilds
When kualas was full of ppl
When SO and moo set were THE SETS ^^
when if u d\c u would die( best update ever dofus

0 0
Score : 11656

I remember when I attacked a level 1 guild and about 2 or 3 level 100s joined and I was level 54 (on my old Osa). The level 100 player attacked me but I lived. It was my turn and luckily I got next to the perc so I use PoC and won. tongue

0 0
thisgameizfun|2012-01-03 18:54:21
I remember when I attacked a level 1 guild and about 2 or 3 level 100s joined and I was level 54 (on my old Osa). The level 100 player attacked me but I lived. It was my turn and luckily I got next to the perc so I PoC and won. tongue
I think I read a story in the "funniest thing you ever see" thread that seems similar. A low level Osa (level 1 if I recall correctly) attacking a perc and nobody defended because they thought that the perc would eat the level osa in 1 turn. Somehow the osa won because the perc AI kept on chasing after the tofu instead of the osa.
0 0
Score : 418

Back when boar set meant something, good times.

0 0
Score : 11656
Gunnerwolfang|2012-01-03 20:15:36
thisgameizfun|2012-01-03 18:54:21
I remember when I attacked a level 1 guild and about 2 or 3 level 100s joined and I was level 54 (on my old Osa). The level 100 player attacked me but I lived. It was my turn and luckily I got next to the perc so I PoC and won. tongue
I think I read a story in the "funniest thing you ever see" thread that seems similar. A low level Osa (level 1 if I recall correctly) attacking a perc and nobody defended because they thought that the perc would eat the level osa in 1 turn. Somehow the osa won because the perc AI kept on chasing after the tofu instead of the osa.
Do you happen to know what guild it was? I think I was in a guild that had a level 1 character kill a Perceptor and I actually laughed that it happened. I saw a low level attack and I just didn't bother to join. XD
0 0
Score : 2688

My older memory in solar. I was in that one guild i forgot though :c. There was this Feca named Haleyy or something like that. I think she quit but yeah it was good ol times

0 0
Score : 8194

Back when I sold mats to the only Tailor on Rushu; named 'Samba' or 'Sama', I swore that was the way to roll...

Also had crazy plans of hitting the lottery by considering selling (if ever had dropped) a gudogem... Those puppies were selling for nearly 1mk each... (used to think of the profits and posabilities while walking to my next destination, bwaha)

Then at some point: BAM, Dopples started hand them out...

-Cato

0 0
Score : 3949

Funny I was just nostalgia-ing on /g a little while ago about hunting (not farming) scaraleaves because it was so much fun and challenging and there was always a chance that you might drop some awesome gear.

Also about killing blobs for super XP and the subsequent lag that blops always caused.

I also remember posting here for the first time, because I couldn't figure out why other people the same level as me were so much stronger than me even though I had a full boon set...

The last thing I always remember when I think back to those days were my good friends. The ones I made when I was F2P, and who got left behind when I went P2P and they never could. Also the ones I met after I started paying. The 5 of us who did everything together everyday and none of us had ever even thought about multilogging or anything like that. Learning the game together as we grew.

Every single one of them is gone now. I miss them every time I log on.

Pha-Sal
Kimdracula
Boyett
Aces-High
Fendide

The Crew. Gone but never forgotten.

0 0
Score : 530

Going thru that stupid minecart a million times to get to the brakmar mines to listen to the old music while i mined ore smile 

0 0
Score : 417

back when everyone was an agi eni instead of int and the goal was to have fun instead of getting leeched to 100+

0 0
Score : 2381

Every day of 1.29 was good fun, I'd name a few instances, but it'd only leave me cursing 2.0~

- John

0 0
Score : 3389

Haha I made a similar topic to this if you want to have a look at it Click here

~ Ultimate-Sensation - Proud Shikian Sacrier - Level 199

0 0
Respond to this thread