FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Would you Intern at Ankama?

By #[Izmar] - ADMIN - January 11, 2012, 19:41:11
DevTracker

We've been talking about the possibility of creating an English-speaking CCM intern position here at the Ankama HQ. This kind of job would be a short-term position here in Roubaix (about six months long).

IF we decided to offer this kind of position, we'd be looking for twentysomethings who are interested in working in the gaming industry and have college experience related to marketing, communication, business, or any gaming-related majors. This could include people who are currently at university, who might be interested in work-study or student exchange programs at a local school.

Do we have anyone out there in our community who'd fit those requirements and who would be interested in this kind of position?

[size=11](Please note, we are not officially offering this internship, we're just taking the temperature of the community to see if we'd have anyone interested in applying IF it was offered!)[/size] 

Reactions 18
Score : 72

I'm a college student and I study Computing. I've been a programmer (of games) for around 6-7 years and I would absolutely love to have an intern position at Ankama.

0 0
Score : 2

I'm not sure i 100% fit the requirements, but it would be a great learning experience

0 0

My name is Ricardo I'm 21 years old, living in Brazil, I am a student of Computer Science, I study the best computer graphics school in Brazil, I know work very well with flash,photoshop, illustrator, indesign, dreamweaver. I know someprogramming language such as Java, C, C + +, Pascal,Delphi, PHP, Python. I speak English, French, Portuguese and have a great interest in working in the games area.

0 0

I do fit the requirements and would absolutely LOVE the opportunity to intern at Ankama. I am a French Canadian that is perfectly fluent in English, so I feel like I could fit right in that kind of environment!

0 0

Absolutely! I graduated with a degree in Computer Science a year and a half ago and am working at a start-up game design studio, but I would love an opportunity to work with a company like Ankama.

0 0

i play ankama games since Dofus release and i'd love to apply biggrin XD

0 0
Score : 1435

I'm studying Computer Science (MEng) at University and have been interested in gaming and making games for a long time. I've also done a bit of poking around with making tools for Dofus players (like the d2p unpacker) and helping out the linux users out there with getting Dofus running (it hasn't always been such a smooth process). I also do a lot of web-based work so wouldn't mind doing stuff on that end of the spectrum either.

I'd be hugely interested in something like this; always wanted to work for Ankama smile 

0 0
Score : 1050

As much as I love Ankama, I would not relocate from Australia. I already work for EA as an artist and I'm a bit old to be an intern, lol.

0 0
Score : 90

I'm 23 now and going to college as an Animation major. I would like to get into concept design so an art internship would be awesome as well. I would definitely apply to that. smile 

0 0
Score : 3731

Probably not. Flying overseas for a 6 month temp job would be entirely too stressful.

2 0
Score : 799

Hi, I'm from Brazil either, student of Computer Engineering, almost graduated. I need just 330 hours of working to graduate, then I can start engeneering xD

0 0
Score : 8193

Yes and no.

Yes if I had said requirments; no because I haven't said requirements.

That being said... Any chance of any sponsored training... Wink-wink.

-Cato

1 0
Score : 80
biggrin Doc might be wrong. But I'd say congratulations....
0 0
Score : 288

Ask me in 4 years D: I'm totally already planning on an Ankama Internship already >.<
~Multimedia Artist

0 0
Score : 17044

I was told to try and get an intern in advance to get a higher chance of obtaining a spot, as they say, 'the early bird gets the worm...' or in this case, the early wing kwak get's the airworm. I would love to have an Intern with Ankama Games, I have attended several workshops at DigiPen Institute of Technology, (The head of this university developed Mario. The game Portal also originated here.) and have built my own game from scratch in HLPL language. (DigiPen programming language, used exclusively by DigiPen and Boeing) My position in the creation of this game was lead art designer, I made most of the enemies, the player and a few power-ups. I have advanced writing skills, and even have 3 stories which I plan one day will be published. My dream is to take one of my books called Emental and turn it into a game / movie. My drawing skills are... decent, I still am teaching myself to improve and have even attempted to draw some Dofus characters, which really improved my style.

Izmar, could you send me an Ankabox message, maybe we could work this out in some way or talk about it.

0 0
Score : 681
CoolRay|2013-04-24 03:13:11
I was told to try and get an intern in advance to get a higher chance of obtaining a spot, as they say, 'the early bird gets the worm...' or in this case, the early wing kwak get's the airworm. I would love to have an Intern with Ankama Games, I have attended several workshops at DigiPen Institute of Technology, (The head of this university developed Mario. The game Portal also originated here.) and have built my own game from scratch in HLPL language. (DigiPen programming language, used exclusively by DigiPen and Boeing) My position in the creation of this game was lead art designer, I made most of the enemies, the player and a few power-ups. I have advanced writing skills, and even have 3 stories which I plan one day will be published. My dream is to take one of my books called Emental and turn it into a game / movie. My drawing skills are... decent, I still am teaching myself to improve and have even attempted to draw some Dofus characters, which really improved my style.

Izmar, could you send me an Ankabox message, maybe we could work this out in some way or talk about it.
Well other than the topic being a year old, Izmar said they weren't offering an internship, merely seeing if there was any interest
0 0
Score : 1225
CatOcatastrophe|2012-01-13 00:06:26
Yes and no.

Yes if I had said requirments; no because I haven't said requirements.

That being said... Any chance of any sponsored training... Wink-wink.

-Cato
let me get in on that too! share the love lol
0 0
Score : 17044
MadnessIncarnate|2013-04-24 03:32:35
CoolRay|2013-04-24 03:13:11

Well other than the topic being a year old, Izmar said they weren't offering an internship, merely seeing if there was any interest
Worth a shot, maybe I might get an internship.
0 0
Respond to this thread