FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Kwismas island.

By Tdude March 03, 2012, 04:48:40
DevTracker

So i play on rosal, And kwismas island is still open. And im just wondering if they made it a permanent area instead of just for christmas, (Which i dont fully understand why they would because its kwismas island) Although im not complaining, Because i can try to get the slayhound.

0 -1
First Ankama intervention

If anyone out there even considers hassling Tdude over this, I will not be pleased.

Rosal, not cool. I thought we were bros.

Kwismas Island is turned off. I will ponder a proper punishment.

See message in context
Reactions 156
Score : 2116

Confirmed.

I'm willing to say that people on Rosal knew about this and didn't bother to say anything so they could get the slayhounds leveled, Almost like how people on Rushu knew about Sakai Island being opened early and didn't say anything about it either. x3

Edit : I found a few people on the character pages that had 25 February 2012 à 08:56:34, -character name- defeated Father Kwismas. But you can't ever be sure that they weren't just doing souls.
0 0
Score : 1135

It's been open since Christmas but it wasn't a secret. My guild knew and there were many other people there too, but today you can't stay on it for some reason. I keep getting zapped off.

0 0
Score : 7685

It may not have been a secret, but ... I didn't know about it. sad

0 0
Score : 21985

Kept in the dark about this all this time...?

/Forever alone...

But transferring a character over now would seem moot - as no doubt the team will correct this matter...

-Cato

0 0
Score : 4767

And with this confirmation, we all know what is coming now: Sanctions because of the abuse of a game mechanic that gave players an advantage.

Edited because some people take player speculation as fact.

0 0
Score : 2985

That's just cheesy. tongue 

0 0
Score : 4479
Tdude|2012-03-03 04:48:40
So i play on rosal, And kwismas island is still open. And im just wondering if they made it a permanent area instead of just for christmas, (Which i dont fully understand why they would because its kwismas island) Although im not complaining, Because i can try to get the slayhound.
dont waste your time. in fact, what's going to happen is a nearly 2 month long rollback of every friggin server thanks to people like you that failed to report a bug of this magnitude. in fact, i wouldnt be surprised if the people who have been on kwismas island all this time also get a heavy sanction at the same time. either way it goes, you're going to have a lot of angry people coming after you.
0 0
Score : 6418
VoidofSouls|2012-03-03 18:19:07
And with this confirmation, we all know what is coming now: A rollback because of the abuse of a game mechanic that gave players an advantage.

talith|2012-03-03 18:53:02
dont waste your time. in fact, what's going to happen is a nearly 2 month long rollback of every friggin server thanks to people like you that failed to report a bug of this magnitude. in fact, i wouldnt be surprised if the people who have been on kwismas island all this time also get a heavy sanction at the same time. either way it goes, you're going to have a lot of angry people coming after you.

You know... I don't think that spreading ridiculous and completely unfounded rumors like that is helping anyone.

I wouldn't be surprised if the abusers received some type of warning or sanction... But a 2 month rollback for the entire game is the most unrealistic idea I've ever heard. No entity in their right mind time would punish the entire game for something like this. This is Ankama's philosophy regarding this type of thing (see the second half of the post).
(I wanted to link the thread about the Peki abusers getting personal rollbacks, but I couldn't find it. That would have been so much more relevant!)
0 0
InuzukaKiba|2012-03-03 19:47:56
VoidofSouls|2012-03-03 18:19:07
And with this confirmation, we all know what is coming now: A rollback because of the abuse of a game mechanic that gave players an advantage.

talith|2012-03-03 18:53:02

You know... I don't think that spreading ridiculous and completely unfounded rumors like that is helping anyone.

I wouldn't be surprised if the abusers received some type of warning or sanction... But a 2 month rollback for the entire game is the most unrealistic idea I've ever heard. No entity in their right mind time would punish the entire game for something like this. This is Ankama's philosophy regarding this type of thing (see the second half of the post).
(I wanted to link the thread about the Peki abusers getting personal rollbacks, but I couldn't find it. That would have been so much more relevant!)
It is not spreading rumors and I am highly insulted that you would even insinuate such a thing. I am stating what COULD happen. Whether it happens or not has yet to be addressed but DON'T go around saying I'm rumor mongering.

Yes, those who did exploit such a thing should be punished per the Terms and Conditions, however this is VERY different than the old item duplications that took place. How can you prove who was on Kwismas Island and who wasn't? How can you prove who was doing what, where, and when if they did not go around fighting monsters that updated their logs? Does Ankama keep track of where every character is and was at which times and what they did? If they do, great since it will be simple to just punish the offenders. If they do not, then the whole server will be hit to be fair as they can not prove who did what and when.
0 0
Score : 6418

Void, you're an extremely respectable, and very recognizable member of these forums. With such recognition comes responsibility.

Your post comes off as extremely speculative. Considering the sensitivity of rollbacks in general, and the fact that people actually do care about what you post, it is not out of the question that people will take your words and possibly interpret them as informed facts. That's what I'm trying to point out. I'm not trying to offend you.

0 0
InuzukaKiba|2012-03-03 19:57:59
Void, you're an extremely respectable, and very recognizable member of these forums. With such recognition comes responsibility.

Your post comes off as extremely speculative. Considering the sensitivity of rollbacks in general, and the fact that people actually do care about what you post, it is not out of the question that people will take your words and possibly interpret them as informed facts. That's what I'm trying to point out. I'm not trying to offend you.
Understood and sorry for the response I made. It just came across that way.

To add a disclaimer then: I only believe that it could happen, but I don't know if it will happen or not.
0 0

This has happened before. About two years ago with Rushu, a lot of a found out Sakai island was accessible via a bug, we abused it. A lot of us (and I don't me us as me ^^) got in trouble, I even know of some people that got banned. I'm sure this is the same thing. People get yelled at for abusing it, some will probably get banned for making a Profit off of it.

0 0
Score : 1890
Tropical-Ace|2012-03-03 22:08:05
This has happened before. About two years ago with Rushu, a lot of a found out Sakai island was accessible via a bug, we abused it. A lot of us (and I don't me us as me ^^) got in trouble, I even know of some people that got banned. I'm sure this is the same thing. People get yelled at for abusing it, some will probably get banned for making a Profit off of it.
I wonder if they found another sanction on this than banning players.
0 0
wonderous-yenthe|2012-03-03 23:17:07
Tropical-Ace|2012-03-03 22:08:05
I wonder if they found another sanction on this than banning players.
I hope they do ban players for it. Teach people to be honest for a change.

5.7 You agree not to use loopholes, bugs or any other error to obtain unfair advantages in-game. Similarly, you agree to immediately notify the Company's Support when you notice a fault or error in the game, forum or any other service.

8.1 In case of violation of one or more provisions of these TOU, of the Support Charter, of the EULA, the DOFUS rules, the rules established on the forums or any other document prepared by the Company, the latter reserves the right to terminate or limit without prior notice and at its sole discretion, your use and access to the Service, your Account and all other Company websites and to sanction you in the context of the Game.

Both taken from the Terms and Conditions.
0 0

I talked to a friend on Rosal yesterday (I'm not giving out names).

From what I was told, this was a pretty known thing. People got told to turn off their character pages if they were going to farm, and not to fight unsoulable mobs so they put anything that does show up as "I just did a soul"

I really hope Ankama does something about this, that's pretty unfair that Rosal is probably rolling around in 90 Slayhounds.

0 0
Score : 669

Oy vey, I dident even know i was abusing or anything.

Also, I would like to point out i was not making a profit off of this and or attempting to abuse this kwismas island bug, Glitch or whatever it is, And atleast i said something about it, Instead of many people who chose not to.

0 0
Tdude|2012-03-05 07:35:56

Also, I would like to point out i was not making a profit off of this and or attempting to abuse this kwismas island bug, Glitch or whatever it is, And atleast i said something about it, Instead of many people who chose not to.
And we commend you for it, and besides, you did report it, you could say - as you technically did bring it to attention! Right! smile

/pat on the back emote
0 0
CatOcatastrofe|2012-03-05 11:33:17

And we commend you for it, and besides, you did report it, you could say - as you technically did bring it to attention! Right! smile

/pat on the back emote
Pretty much this, you did the right thing questioning it. If you hadn't posted this I bet they would have had it for a few more months without anyone outside of tidal realizing it. The only thing is I feel bad for you, you're going to be like Rosal public enemy number one sad 
0 0
Tropical-Ace|2012-03-05 11:41:45
CatOcatastrofe|2012-03-05 11:33:17

/pat on the back emote
Pretty much this, you did the right thing questioning it. If you hadn't posted this I bet they would have had it for a few more months without anyone outside of tidal realizing it. The only thing is I feel bad for you, you're going to be like Rosal public enemy number one sad
...untill they realize he saved them all from a rollback/ban hammer, haha...

And if they don't realize this... Thank lord Rushu for the server transfer... wink

Edit: Something's gotta be said for ]hating the hero...
0 0