FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Another Roll Back theory?

By ownage-pwnagetwo - SUBSCRIBER - June 04, 2012, 05:26:51
DevTracker

On IMPSvillage, There was a thread talking about some rollback and was confirmed in another forum like this but in a different language. Can a Mod or GM confirm this? How far roll back will this be. ON the /b and /r chat they were saying a 2-3 roll back or a 8-12 month one( totally bogus)

0 0
First Ankama intervention

Hi everyone.

At this point, I cannot confirm which servers will be rolled back or for how long. The developers are gathering information right now about which servers were affected. This will help them make the decisions about which servers will be rolled back. As soon as it is decided, we'll make a post to keep you informed.

We understand that people are anxiously waiting to know what is going on, but naturally, we would like to prevent doing a rollback on servers that don't require a severe intervention.

Thanks for being patient while we sort this out. We'll try to have things back to normal ASAP.

See message in context
Reactions 140
Score : 27373

If there is a rollback, Izmar will inform you about it. Anything else, unless posted by a CCM, is a rumor or a guess.

0 0
Score : 2596

all those hard worked earned kamas would be wasted if that rhol back thing is true >.

0 0
Score : 2476
Revil-Nunor|2012-06-04 05:45:26
If there is a rollback, Izmar will inform you about it. Anything else, unless posted by a CCM, is a rumor or a guess.
You have too much confidence in Izmar. Sylfaen talked about the rollback himself. 
0 0
kingkez|2012-06-04 06:17:04
You have too much confidence in Izmar. Sylfaen talked about the rollback himself.
I realized that, so I added the unless posted by a CCM part. biggrin 
0 0
Score : 670
So is there a chance that the rogue I opened like 1 month ago will be gone?
0 0
Score : 178

Yeah, it looks like there is going to be a rollback on the cards but from that post they do not know what servers are going to be affected by them, it could be a lot of them or it might just be a few although chances are it is going to be quite a number of them. I guess all any of us can do until they know for sure what servers have been affected to do as they say and not do anything major on our accounts. At least this is the vibe i'm getting from what was posted.

0 0
yoavag1|2012-06-04 06:39:53
So is there a chance that the rogue I opened like 1 month ago will be gone?
Just wait and see, if they do a roll back that serious, there will no doubt be massive compensation offered.

SafsSoren|2012-06-04 06:40:45
Yeah, it looks like there is going to be a rollback on the cards but from that post they do not know what servers are going to be affected by them, it could be a lot of them or it might just be a few although chances are it is going to be quite a number of them. I guess all any of us can do until they know for sure what servers have been affected to do as they say and not do anything major on our accounts. At least this is the vibe i'm getting from what was posted.
If you roll back a month, pretty much everyone is gonna be screwed. For example: there was a kralove opening on Solar yesterday and at least 15 or 20 people got ochres, I don't think this is going to end well at all if all those people lose them because of another problem with the Ogrines. I have no idea what will happen, but if servers are indeed rolled back month (s), I truly hope Ankama doesn't think a few tempus bloomus will appease everyone. sad 
0 0

Yeah, one month really seems quite extreme. Is the problem really that bad that it is worth rolling back for that length of time? Cause to be honest it didn't translate that well so i'm not sure I completely understand what the problem was? Were people just getting free kamas from the Ogrine exchange or was it something more.

0 0
Score : 4089

Rosal is as good as confirmed.

A quote from Ala (Zenith Translator Frunupulax) off the aforementioned Impsvillage

In short:
  • Massive fuckup with Ogrine market and Ankabox.
  • Somehow it involved people generating kamas (and others losing them inexplicably, although he claims that was not the case).
  • Rollback for all affected servers (yet to be announced) for an uncertain time (decided case by case).
I'm freaking chuffed about it! Zzz...At least one Rosal guy on the OF reported losing Kamas through the Ogrine market in a mysterious way, so you guys can probably prepare for some rollbacking already.
- Impsvillage: It's happy rollback time! 
0 0

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't there another MASSIVE problem with the Ogrines just a few months ago that involved it being shut down as well?

If anyone on Solar had a problem, keep your mouths shut and just pm me, I will make good the kamas to avoid a Solar roll back. biggrin If I lose a month of sales and grinding, I will quite literally kick a puppy.

0 0
Revil-Nunor|2012-06-04 06:56:26
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't there another MASSIVE problem with the Ogrines just a few months ago that involved it being shut down as well?

If anyone on Solar had a problem, keep your mouths shut and just pm me, I will make good the kamas to avoid a Solar roll back. biggrin
Don't think that'll work i'm afraid to say, now that they know what the problem is they will probably be able to identify it without it being reported on the servers sad 
0 0
SafsSoren|2012-06-04 07:01:01
Revil-Nunor|2012-06-04 06:56:26

If anyone on Solar had a problem, keep your mouths shut and just pm me, I will make good the kamas to avoid a Solar roll back. biggrin
Don't think that'll work i'm afraid to say, now that they know what the problem is they will probably be able to identify it without it being reported on the servers sad
There will be hell to pay if they actually have to roll back servers. I don't envy Izmar or Sylfs job one bit if that happens. biggrin This could wind up being like the Enu chest nerf or the exotic mage cap all over again.

So heads up everyone, if you are about to start farming some rare gear or try to drop your turq/crimson or ap mage something. DO NOT DO IT, you may lose everything!
0 0
Score : 580

When the "Community Manager of Boning Minotot" speaks, you know it's real.
0 0
CunningFiend|2012-06-04 07:15:00

When the "Community Manager of Boning Minotot" speaks, you know it's real.
Google Translate for the win.

If I had to guess right now, it would appear that the new ogrines page that was just brought out is responsible for this, so at worst maybe just a 2 or 3 day rollback and a return to the old ogrine page.
0 0
Score : 4089

A rough translation of this Announcement:

Contrary to what I announced this morning a loophole existed with the Exchange of Ogrines. This flaw did not steal kamas to players via Ankabox, as implied by the rumor, but allowed players to generate kamas as well.

The Exchange for Ogrines was put in service by the time the problem was resolved.

Again, unlike my announcement this morning, a rollback is expected.

We do not yet know, however, which servers will be affected, or how long the rollback will be for each server. We will conduct extensive research to assess how each server has been affected by that vulnerability and adapt measures accordingly.

We will keep you posted as soon as possible to the changing situation and the steps we will take.

In all cases, even if it is no longer possible to exploit this flaw, as the Exchange for Ogrines is disabled, no server is safe from a rollback. While it is possible that some servers are spared the rollbacks, I encourage you to not get involved in major projects of play until a new statement has been made.

The people we identify as having exploited this flaw will be punished. Conversely, I want to thank all the players who sent the reports that identified this flaw.

On behalf of all our teams, I hope you will excuse us for this inconvenience and for the erroneous announcement this morning.

0 0

From what I can gather, this is what happened.

There was a problem with the script or whatnot, and it allowed you to change the amount of Ogrines you had or set the price for the ogrines to obscene levels and generate billions of free kamas, so to speak. This would have also cost ankama thousands in revenue as the Ogrines are coming from nowhere and not legitimate sales.

This is an example of the kama generation possible, as per the original person to report this bug on the french forums.

I hate to say it, but this looks really bad. Roll backs seem likely from where I am standing.

Please note that this is not exact, and may not be completely accurate, this is simply what I was able to find on the french forums. We will have to wait and see what the official response from Izmar, or whatever Ankama rep shows up here to talk about it is, when they get into the office.
0 0
Score : 524

I started a new main character just two weeks ago...completed an ice kwak set (quite seems to be a bit rare on Rosal)...and you're telling me it's all about to be taken away. *cries*

Are we gonna get another 3 weekends of x2 exp? And how are they gonna compensate?

0 0
Harut|2012-06-04 07:49:51
I started a new main character just two weeks ago...completed an ice kwak set (quite seems to be a bit rare on Rosal)...and you're telling me it's all about to be taken away. *cries*

Are we gonna get another 3 weekends of x2 exp? And how are they gonna compensate?
I can't find ANYONE reporting problems about this before the new ogrines site went out. If the new site was the problem, taking a few wild leaps here, then it would seem that the worst that would happen is a roll back to the day the new site came out if there were any cases of abuse reported/detected on your server. smile

Anyhow that is all that I am able to find out on the matter, now you have to wait for an official response from Ankama.

June 2, 2012 - 6:13:02 - This is the time that the first topic about this was started. So I would hazard a guess that the roll backs, if any, probably wouldn't go too much further back than that.
0 0
Score : 264

Well i hope to god my server doesnt get effected, just made a ap berhb with 7 tries, did N boss ( really hard ), and got the arch list down to 46 >.

0 0