FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Another Roll Back theory?

By ownage-pwnagetwo - SUBSCRIBER - June 04, 2012, 05:26:51
DevTracker
Reactions 140
Score : 289

any idea how far we get tossed back? i heard some ppl talking bout months, others bout weeks, most by days...
just checking cuz i've put alot of time into this the last few weeks... if it goes all to waste without a decent compensation, i might quit, i'd lose too much to stay if it's longer then 2 weeks...

0 0
Score : 8
djyoung|2012-06-04 13:11:34
If there is even one player left with a few Billion Kamas in their account, could you imagine how much they could destroy the economy and game play of their server? They could buy up all the items in a marketplace, thus spreading their ill gotten gains. This may sound good to people trying to sell things, but ultimately it will lead to the inflation of your servers economy making something that was worth 10MK worth a fair bit less in the future. READ THIS!

To destroy economy??? It's destroyed already with making dung's easy to pass, so they have huge INPUT items and resourses in game but where is OUTPUT???
0 0
Score : 178

Izmar said in the other post in Server Updates that it occurred late last week I believe so thats the furtherest any server should be rolled back too if they are getting rolled back at all.

0 0
Score : 10982
what-to-call-it|2012-06-04 12:30:16
Zarnal-Ahkna|2012-06-04 12:10:13
ninchy|2012-06-04 11:47:39
I started last ochre 7 days ago and finished after 5 days who will gime my ochre back... If u rhol back solar i want my ochre!
so you can just do it again and get another ochre?

folks stay real please.. ankama can't give you back what you have lost (because everyone can say "i lost an ochre due to roll back") but they can give us tempus bloomus (FREE wisdom candies for 30 fights!) magical orbs (FREE resetting!) etc. please people be glad with what you get, because ankama can just as well give nothing to compare!
i have tempus bloomusses and magical orbs but i have been working on new gears and proffs today sad
and none of those thingies makes me happy
i know its not possible to make everyone happy but still ....
im not glad with a rollback (if there is gonne be 1 )
yeah bro, well tempus bloomus also can provide u with pp candy and stuff like that, to increase ur chance of dropping your items again.
and realy ankama does try to do best they can.. though in my opinion all the people who're blaming ankama for it etc it's just because they're frustrated and need a black sheep, someone to blaim.

hawantika|2012-06-04 12:40:04
This is pretty annoying as i got one of my 199's 10% today and 8% on other. At the end of the day it was a bug that ankama should of been aware of the second it happened its not the players fault who bought it, they just abused one of YOUR errors lol.

I honestly don't see why they should punish all of us, they should be punishing THEMSELVES by finding all the people that abused it and dealing with them one by one it would obviously take a lot longer and people would need to work later but don't punish us for your mistakes, mistakes are there to be fixed and learn upon so next time it wont happen, that's where you guys fail unfortunately.

Enough of us will be leaving on the update anyway because of the nerfing to everything when they have been nerfed enough, everyone that's thinking of leaving well this will just make up there minds and you guys will lose out. NOT US

Invalid
as izmar said... if they don't do the rollback, it's gna be very hard to track the money and the money they earned was "fake" so some way or another it could come to you, in your pocket. you'd be punished!!!

also it would effect the whole game probably because that fake money would go around all servers and with an immense price drop as result.. :/ and believe me, rosal has had that a few times (just recently it has happened again on rosal) and you do not want that to happen.
0 0

i think ankama has to be blaimed for this..
who let the bug in the system in the first place?
things like this shouldn't occur at all.

1 0
Score : 847
Zarnal-Ahkna|2012-06-04 13:33:19
what-to-call-it|2012-06-04 12:30:16
Zarnal-Ahkna|2012-06-04 12:10:13
ninchy|2012-06-04 11:47:39
I started last ochre 7 days ago and finished after 5 days who will gime my ochre back... If u rhol back solar i want my ochre!
so you can just do it again and get another ochre?

folks stay real please.. ankama can't give you back what you have lost (because everyone can say "i lost an ochre due to roll back") but they can give us tempus bloomus (FREE wisdom candies for 30 fights!) magical orbs (FREE resetting!) etc. please people be glad with what you get, because ankama can just as well give nothing to compare!
i have tempus bloomusses and magical orbs but i have been working on new gears and proffs today sad
and none of those thingies makes me happy
i know its not possible to make everyone happy but still ....
im not glad with a rollback (if there is gonne be 1 )
yeah bro, well tempus bloomus also can provide u with pp candy and stuff like that, to increase ur chance of dropping your items again.
and realy ankama does try to do best they can.. though in my opinion all the people who're blaming ankama for it etc it's just because they're frustrated and need a black sheep, someone to blaim.

hawantika|2012-06-04 12:40:04
This is pretty annoying as i got one of my 199's 10% today and 8% on other. At the end of the day it was a bug that ankama should of been aware of the second it happened its not the players fault who bought it, they just abused one of YOUR errors lol.

I honestly don't see why they should punish all of us, they should be punishing THEMSELVES by finding all the people that abused it and dealing with them one by one it would obviously take a lot longer and people would need to work later but don't punish us for your mistakes, mistakes are there to be fixed and learn upon so next time it wont happen, that's where you guys fail unfortunately.

Enough of us will be leaving on the update anyway because of the nerfing to everything when they have been nerfed enough, everyone that's thinking of leaving well this will just make up there minds and you guys will lose out. NOT US

Invalid
as izmar said... if they don't do the rollback, it's gna be very hard to track the money and the money they earned was "fake" so some way or another it could come to you, in your pocket. you'd be punished!!!

also it would effect the whole game probably because that fake money would go around all servers and with an immense price drop as result.. :/ and believe me, rosal has had that a few times (just recently it has happened again on rosal) and you do not want that to happen.
I see what you mean Zarnal, but it really isn't fair on us that have put a lot of work and effort over the past week for example on on step 14 now of eternal harvest, but lets put a positive note on this.

Rushu might not be affected.

We might get a bit of free subscription and candy'ssmile

Invalid
0 0
Score : 2116
to-die-for|2012-06-04 13:36:44
That's a bit unfair. This happens in EVERY game, Such as WoW , SWTOR and EVE online . When you have a large game with millions of players, that's constantly evolving, there's always going to be a way to exploit a bug in the system, and I'll give it to Ankama, this is the first one in quite awhile. So be fair when make statements. It's like car wrecks, they shouldn't happen, but they do.
0 0
Score : 164
ninchy|2012-06-04 13:31:37
djyoung|2012-06-04 13:11:34
If there is even one player left with a few Billion Kamas in their account, could you imagine how much they could destroy the economy and game play of their server? They could buy up all the items in a marketplace, thus spreading their ill gotten gains. This may sound good to people trying to sell things, but ultimately it will lead to the inflation of your servers economy making something that was worth 10MK worth a fair bit less in the future. READ THIS!

To destroy economy??? It's destroyed already with making dung's easy to pass, so they have huge INPUT items and resourses in game but where is OUTPUT???

This maybe true, but it is encouraging people to run dungeons and craft their own items. And that is a major part of the game, it is much more rewarding also. The only problem with dungeons being more accessible to a majority of the server is that there is no monopoly on supply of these items, so people are unable to corner the market and make tones of money. To me this sounds like a good thing, but from what I can gather you are not a fan? wink
0 0
Tropical-Ace|2012-06-04 13:41:45
That's a bit unfair. This happens in EVERY game, Such as WoW , SWTOR and EVE online . When you have a large game with millions of players, that's constantly evolving, there's always going to be a way to exploit a bug in the system, and I'll give it to Ankama, this is the first one in quite awhile. So be fair when make statements. It's like car wrecks, they shouldn't happen, but they do.

but they still made it happen... so they don't have to get away with it..
i don't say ankama's a bunch of numnuts.. they're alright.

and offcorse the ppl who have been exploiting this are the ones to be mad at, but still, ankama made it happen... harch truth
0 0
Score : 92
And what will be the punishment of the developers that created this vulnerability?

Things suppose to be seriously tested before deployed on production servers, so far as I remember.

I don't care much about ogrines and "server economy" nor Ankama economy but I do mind that they are disposing of my time in such ways as: rollbacks, accounts password changes, characters lost, items lost.

Ironically and paradoxically, probable for Ankama, though it is fine for me to spend time playing this game, it is absolutely NOT fine, nor legal, that Ankama it is wasting my time and modifies my information.
Everything I do in this game it is persisted on the servers and stands as my data, my information, and should be confidential and modified only by my will and actions.

With all these vulnerabilities around this game I feel very stupid that I used a credit card to pay for it... why and how could one trust this product anymore?
1 0
to-die-for|2012-06-04 14:04:41
Tropical-Ace|2012-06-04 13:41:45

but they still made it happen... so they don't have to get away with it..
i don't say ankama's a bunch of numnuts.. they're alright.

and offcorse the ppl who have been exploiting this are the ones to be mad at, but still, ankama made it happen... harch truth
We have 2 people to be mad at here, the people that abused this glitch instead of reporting it knowing the outcome and Ankama whose main job is to make sure there games are running as they should and this wasn't the case at all.

But like DjYoung said there's no point calling Ankama as much as i do myself there the good guys here just hope they think the same about us and resolve this issue in a reasonable manor
0 0
Score : 11
altbluehipy|2012-06-04 14:10:18
And what will be the punishment of the developers that created this vulnerability?

Things suppose to be seriously tested before deployed on production servers, so far as I remember.

I don't care much about ogrines and "server economy" nor Ankama economy but I do mind that they are disposing of my time in such ways as: rollbacks, accounts password changes, characters lost, items lost.

Ironically and paradoxically, probable for Ankama, though it is fine for me to spend time playing this game, it is absolutely NOT fine, nor legal, that Ankama it is wasting my time and modifies my information.
Everything I do in this game it is persisted on the servers and stands as my data, my information, and should be confidential and modified only by my will and actions.

With all these vulnerabilities around this game I feel very stupid that I used a credit card to pay for it... why and how could one trust this product anymore?
Totaly agreed >.< this time compensation better be good or seriously people will drop in numbers im sure abaut it
0 0
Izmar|2012-06-04 12:44:41
Frunupulax|2012-06-04 12:36:00
Just banning the bug abusers won't do the trick. It affects the whole servers because Kamas and Ogrines spread. People buy the Ogrines, buy the Kamas, trade them for items etc. The ones using such exploits don't just do it for the pretty numbers, they spread what they obtained illegitimately. And then it of course affects even the innocent players.

If a rollback is necessary, this is why it will happen. In some cases, the amounts of kamas and Ogrines that were generated were enough to damage the economy of the server... and with the introduction of server transfers, if this money were allowed to stay within the system, it could do harm to other servers as well.

This is not intended as a punishment to other players, even though I know it seems that way. It's simply a fact that this kind of cheating has long-reaching consequences that can ruin the game for everyone. This is why the Ogrines market was shut down the moment that Ankama found out about the flaw, and this is why the server devs are looking through the game logs right now to find out which servers had players who exploited this flaw and which servers didn't. We want to minimize the possible impact on players who did nothing wrong.

It is possible that some or all of our servers will not require a rollback, but I would prefer to inform you now just in case so everyone can hold off on further projects while the state of the servers are in doubt than not say anything and let the possible damage increase.

But I promise you that those who were exploiting this problem will definitely receive sanctions.

Izmar, is there any news yet? im sure alot of us would love to play but at the moment feel its a waste of our time if there is going to be a rollback.

All of these issues need to be taken into consideration even if there isn't a rollback.

Invalid
0 0
hawantika|2012-06-04 14:16:05

Izmar, is there any news yet? im sure alot of us would love to play but at the moment feel its a waste of our time if there is going to be a rollback.

All of these issues need to be taken into consideration even if there isn't a rollback.

Invalid

This is definitely being taken into consideration, and the server team is working through the logs as quickly as they can. The moment that I know the status of our servers, I will update this thread and the announcement thread, and make an announcement in-game.

Well your reply to my post was quick enough thanks for the update Izmar i hope this does get resolved with minimum disturbance in-game

Looking forward to your next podcast! slacking a bit! wink

Invalid

0 0
Score : 178

You must remember that the people at Ankama are probably putting a lot of time into fixing this problem as well, they have also just lost a day, if not more of work to deal with this issue and many are probably going to end up working a lot more then what they were meant too because of it, it is not just us losing out on time, they are too while trying to sort out the issue. Sure we can all say they should have picked up the bug in the first place but files can become corrupt without any help from people, technology is complicated and they cannot pick up everything and they are paying for it now because my guess is they are working a lot harder trying to fix it.

0 0
Score : 46

= E D I T E D=

BTW. great no rollback on RUSHU, *BIG HUGS* smile

0 0
Score : 11
SafsSoren|2012-06-04 14:24:17
You must remember that the people at Ankama are probably putting a lot of time into fixing this problem as well, they have also just lost a day, if not more of work to deal with this issue and many are probably going to end up working a lot more then what they were meant too because of it, it is not just us losing out on time, they are too while trying to sort out the issue. Sure we can all say they should have picked up the bug in the first place but files can become corrupt without any help from people, technology is complicated and they cannot pick up everything and they are paying for it now because my guess is they are working a lot harder trying to fix it.
its theyr job to do that... if they mess up they have to fix this and cant say anything abaut it to us sleep 
0 0
altbluehipy|2012-06-04 14:10:18

I understand your feelings. However, Ankama never stores any credit card information - those are only held by our payment partners such as PayPal. Additionally, Ankama has taken many new steps to prevent account information from being accessed, should another intrusion like the one in 2011 happen again (which of course, we have also taken steps to prevent).

The actions you described above like rollbacks or account password changes are reserved only for serious emergencies, when the possible damage to the game, or to players' accounts is more serious than the possible repercussions of the actions that has been taken.

For example, the account password change after the intrusion saved literally hundreds of thousands of accounts from being accessed without consent. It did cause a large number of problems for other players, but Ankama came to the decision that saving the accounts of hundreds of thousands of players at the expense of a few hundred players losing time or subscription due to password change issues was a necessary evil.

This is also why Ankama provided compensation to those accounts that were affected by the password reset and intrusion. If there are rollbacks on our servers today, there will also be compensation. And if anyone out there is still missing items from the intrusion and has not sent in a ticket to support, please do so today, as quickly as possible. Go to this page and click the link that applies to you, then fill out a ticket. Make sure to mention that you have had items stolen in the intrusion. Support will investigate your claim and if they find activity on your account that matches that of the intruders, they will restore your items.
Score : 158

Kralove has been opened on Solar, and we're probably part of the rollbacked servers. However, for me at least, I understand that Ankama has to do this, and I hope others will be a bit more understanding about how hard it is for them, instead of just pointing fingers and complaining. Nobody likes rollbacks, but nobody likes cheaters either. They're not going to stop a rollback just because you don't want one.

0 0