FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Rollback on Shika

By DofusWorldChampion - SUBSCRIBER - July 01, 2012, 09:11:24
DevTracker

So I don't understand why was there a random rollback on Shika ? I was finally able to sell my mush cuteers and some of my soul stones, I log in today and BOOM they are in my face again..

~ Ultimate-Sensation - Proud Shikian Sacrier - Level 199

0 0
First Ankama intervention
VoidofSouls|2012-07-02 01:58:57
DofusWorldChampion|2012-07-01 09:17:57
FoodLord|2012-07-01 09:16:05
Servers crashed today. Some of them are still down.

So once again we are the price to pay for Ankama's mistakes.. Great.

Why did they crash?

Server crashes can not just automatically be contributed to a supposed "mistake" on Ankama's part and you really should quit trying to make the company out to be some sort of malicious villain out to get everybody. If your computer random crashes because it overheated or something just happened, is it automatically your fault? No, it isn't.

Just because servers crashed doesn't mean it is Ankama's fault. Sometimes, as with your own computer, you have to go to a restore point to fix the problem. Same thing with the servers.

Void's right on the money this time. The destabilization of the servers on Sunday was caused by the insertion of a leap second into Coordinated Universal Time. Leap seconds are added to account for variations in the speed of the rotation of the earth, and have become notorious for their unpredictable effects on computing systems. Many other sites, such a reddit, Amazon, Mozilla, Foursquare, and others were crashed by this change.

It's not exactly a brilliant moment, but it's a problem that's taken dev teams much larger and better paid than ours by surprise.
See message in context
Reactions 21
Score : 1399

0 0
Score : 3382

Why did they crash?

0 0
Score : 1583

It's very vague, but 'TheBestInTheWest' gives a little information on why it crashed, in this thread [3rd last post]- although I don't really understand it! Apparently the difference of 1 second in time affected the game.

0 0
Score : 391

o.x woo yet again im so happy for the servers of Dofus. Its just me or does these always happen on bad times for most people?

0 0
zaczo|2012-07-01 09:37:23
o.x woo yet again im so happy for the servers of Dofus. Its just me or does these always happen on bad times for most people?
Took me ages to sell my mush cuteers and I had to underprice my soul stones like crazy just so they could sell, once all of those were bought shika decided to have a server rollback.

0 0
Score : 269

I'm more confused than ever, the things I did yesterday are all still fine, but a perc I pulled from Agony V'helley 2 days ago has reappeared!!

No idea what's happening...

0 0
Score : 391

Also an old perc of mine appears to be alive. Though the ones that has been killed seems still dead?

0 0
Score : 25911

This is what happens when Ankama continue to mess the class that have control over the "time-continum" (Xelors). These paradox will continue until the god Xelor have been appeased... Bring your pledges/sacrifices to the Xelor temple and pray that time can be restored.

Repent, the end of the world of twelve is near. laugh 

2 0
Score : 324
I'm still unable to log in to Shika.....has anyone been able to connect???
Everytime i try i get "connecting" for like a minute or two n then "connection to the server has been lost ".

And yeh......always seems to happen at the worst of times. I was out of town for a month and everything was fine.......the day i return home and decide to play dofus the whole day.......BAM!! Ankama servers crash........there is evil lurking out there tongue..........
0 0
Score : 1583
exmex|2012-07-01 12:47:52
I'm still unable to log in to Shika.....has anyone been able to connect???
Everytime i try i get "connecting" for like a minute or two n then "connection to the server has been lost ".

And yeh......always seems to happen at the worst of times. I was out of town for a month and everything was fine.......the day i return home and decide to play dofus the whole day.......BAM!! Ankama servers crash........there is evil lurking out there tongue..........
This happened to me several times when trying to log into Solar, I ended up just opening/closing the dofus client several times- then waited patiently! I think it was occurring on solar though, as so may people were logging in at the same time.
0 0
Score : 4775

Why did they crash?

Server crashes can not just automatically be contributed to a supposed "mistake" on Ankama's part and you really should quit trying to make the company out to be some sort of malicious villain out to get everybody. If your computer random crashes because it overheated or something just happened, is it automatically your fault? No, it isn't.

Just because servers crashed doesn't mean it is Ankama's fault. Sometimes, as with your own computer, you have to go to a restore point to fix the problem. Same thing with the servers.
0 0

Why did they crash?

Void's right on the money this time. The destabilization of the servers on Sunday was caused by the insertion of a leap second into Coordinated Universal Time. Leap seconds are added to account for variations in the speed of the rotation of the earth, and have become notorious for their unpredictable effects on computing systems. Many other sites, such a reddit, Amazon, Mozilla, Foursquare, and others were crashed by this change.

It's not exactly a brilliant moment, but it's a problem that's taken dev teams much larger and better paid than ours by surprise.
Score : 12936

Izmar,

Do you know if there are any plans for compensation? I don't blame Ankama at all for this... I only ask, because I know they're usually really good about giving out a little something to help less'n the blow of something like this. biggrin

Thanks,
Benjamight

0 0
Benja-might|2012-07-02 14:53:45
Izmar,

Do you know if there are any plans for compensation? I don't blame Ankama at all for this... I only ask, because I know they're usually really good about giving out a little something to help less'n the blow of something like this. biggrin

Thanks,
Benjamight

We're discussing that internally at this very moment. =)

I'll keep you informed!
Score : 10

I was pretty upset with the rollback as I had many pets that lose a health point and spent a fortune buying the powder to restore them////sad 

0 0

Why did they crash?

I don't think being rude at the start of the sentence was needed, like most other people in the dofus servers everyone thought it was because of Ankama's fault, which is why I came here thinking it was ankama's fault, But you being rude and telling me to "quit" trying to make the company sound like they are a villain? Really? That's just uncalled for.

And thanks Izmar, I didn't know that.

0 0
Izmar|2012-07-02 15:43:20
Benja-might|2012-07-02 14:53:45
Izmar,

Thanks,
Benjamight

We're discussing that internally at this very moment. =)

I'll keep you informed!
Good morning Izmar... just curious if anything was decided on this? biggrin

Thanks,
Benjamight
0 0
Score : 263

Has anyone heard if there was going to be any compensation on this rollback?

0 0
XchangD|2012-07-10 14:09:52
Has anyone heard if there was going to be any compensation on this rollback?
I'm guessing not... I've asked the same question, but with no response... perhaps that is our answer. wink

Oh well, it wasn't their fault anyways. smile 
0 0
Respond to this thread