FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums
Score : 388

People who refuse to kolo

By from-zero-to-hero August 17, 2012, 07:29:13
One of the most common problem in kolo is people who refuse to join the fights. And that piss of the other five players who were waiting forever just because one player want to do something else instead . so how about a punishment that will make you think twice before refusing,like for example losing 50 kolossoken token and some ratting and in return the other five players will gain 10 Kolossokes token .

and please tell me if you found better solutions to fix this problem ,because mine sound very rough tongue

thank you ^^
Reactions 48
Score : 530
That's a nice idea as I know a few people who get rageful when there's always that 1 player that waits and then refuses.
I do agree that when a player refuses a kolo match there should be a greater consequence than something such as waiting a bit longer...
Score : 2122
However good this idea can be, the problem still lies. People refuse for nothing. They have no tokens, they just stay signed up and refuse Kolo fights just for fun, then re-register and continue refusing fights. I overheard a conversation yesterday, and that's the truth. At least on my server, I assume this happens in other servers too.

Removing the accept/refuse option is the only way to go.
Score : 45
I agree. There should be only a message like "Your Kolossium fight starts in 30 seconds" and then that number would get smaller and smaller. I wrote 30 seconds because someone may be busy but 30 seconds are usually enough to end everything.
Score : 180
and then ppl would just log out if they did,nt want to fight,ppl who refuse to fight should get banned for a day(from kolossium )not the game xD
Score : 11680
I agree, there is NOTHING more frustrating, than waiting 20 minutes for a Kolo fight, see the amazing little box pop up, click with excitment, only to see it get cancelled on the other end. HOWEVER... I do think some kolo fights (maybe just a small few, but I think it's worth mentioning) that get cancelled, and it's not the persons fault. Just last week, I was signed up for Kolo, and happened to be viewing the world map when the message popped up. I clicked to close the map, and it cancelled the fight. Another day I was trading with someone, clicked to close the trade windows, and it cancelled the fight... I was SOOO mad!! I think Ankama needs to look into this, because I get the feeling that if you click just about anything other than the "Accept" button when it pops up, it cancels the fight.

It may only be a small part of the cancellings, but it's still frustrating. <_<
Benjamight

p.s. What if they changed the Refuse/Accept button, to a 30 or 45 second timer that counts down to the starting match? When it hit's "0", no matter what's going on, all players are pulled to the fight? I mean, if you're signed up to Kolo fight, then there shouldn't really be any major reasons to keep you from fighting... right? I can't "cancel" a fight I just started with Soft Oak or Bworker, because 1 member of the group needed more time...lol.

Just a though. smile 
Score : 9265
How about this: if they refuse the kolo, they are banned from the kolo for a week. Because obviously they don't want to kolo if they refuse it.
Score : 27230
Taking the button away would be the best option, or if you keep it then make the penalties for refusing more than one fight a day very severe.

Forget a week, make it 2 to 4 weeks. happy 
Score : 11680
Blazeron|2012-08-17 17:27:03
How about this: if they refuse the kolo, they are banned from the kolo for a week. Because obviously they don't want to kolo if they refuse it.
If they make penalties this harsh (which I'm cool with too), I REALLY think Ankama needs to make sure there's NO WAY to refuse a Kolo fight, without clicking the refuse button. I've accidently refused 2 or 3 matches, but clicking things no where near that button (as I metioned above).
Score : 3343
I would suggest the guy that declined loses 50 kolstokens, some rating and the other 5 people gain, 10 kolstokens, rating and Experience aswell (this shouldn't be too much though or it would be abused).

~ Ultimate-Sensation - Proud Shikian Sacrier - Level 199
DofusWorldChampion|2012-08-17 17:33:12
I would suggest the guy that declined loses 50 kolstokens, some rating and the other 5 people gain, 10 kolstokens, rating and Experience aswell (this shouldn't be too much though or it would be abused).

Yeh nice, and if the guy who refused doesn't have any tokens, he gets banned from using Kolo for a week. Hell make it a month. biggrin

The last sentence was a joke so I don't want any depressed losers saying I'm exaggerating blah blah blah. Just a joke.
Score : 2573
Yay, more punishments the better biggrin

Harsher punishments come from refusing multiple times.

There should also be 12 annoying "are you sure you want to do that" buttons that they need to click in order to refuse a fight.
dezira|2012-08-17 19:14:32

Yeh nice, and if the guy who refused doesn't have any tokens, he gets banned from using Kolo for a week. Hell make it a month. biggrin

The last sentence was a joke so I don't want any depressed losers saying I'm exaggerating blah blah blah. Just a joke.

Agreed bro.

Score : 180
good ideas and they should have a 3 strike rule after you refuse the fight for a third time 2 fernch guys come around to your house with a
Guillotine And Decapatate you

Score : 27230
No need to cut off their heads, just their hands for clicking no. laugh 
Score : 5475

I agree with what everyone else has said - there needs to be a stronger punishment for refusing Kolo and wasting everybody's time - but I think it would be wrong to create any kind of reward for the other players. If Ankama rewards players who didn't get to fight because somebody refused a Kolo match, you can be sure that the less ethical players would quickly develop a method of manipulating the system to get free rewards.
Score : 2432
To me it feels like a flawed system, has nothing to do with players declining, other games have similair systems, and you can decline freely, and yet the match still goes on.
Disgustus|2012-08-17 23:47:49

I agree with what everyone else has said - there needs to be a stronger punishment for refusing Kolo and wasting everybody's time - but I think it would be wrong to create any kind of reward for the other players. If Ankama rewards players who didn't get to fight because somebody refused a Kolo match, you can be sure that the less ethical players would quickly develop a method of manipulating the system to get free rewards.
Not really, Imagine being on a server like shika where you get one kolo match every 3 hours, imagine the fight getting declined, at least the other group members won't end up destroying their laptop/computers from how annoyed they were that they waited for 3 hours and they got declined, so really an xp reward should be given, EVEN if its a little bit of a reward, and I don't think it's possible to manipulate random fights. Just saying.

whywouldigivemynametoamachine|2012-08-18 00:06:39
To me it feels like a flawed system, has nothing to do with players declining, other games have similair systems, and you can decline freely, and yet the match still goes on.
Less declining of fights = more kolo fights = more tokens gained = more soul stones/end game equips/ trophies = more people happy = more people will use Kolo.

The main problem IS the declining of kolo fights, until it gets resolved, this system will remain "broken". Imagine how many more people will kolo if there were more and balanced fights.
dezira|2012-08-18 11:30:25
whywouldigivemynametoamachine|2012-08-18 00:06:39
Less declining of fights = more kolo fights = more tokens gained = more soul stones/end game equips/ trophies = more people happy = more people will use Kolo.

The main problem IS the declining of kolo fights, until it gets resolved, this system will remain "broken". Imagine how many more people will kolo if there were more and balanced fights.

Agreed, at the moment the experience reward and everything with kolo is fine, except the fight searching and the declining, everything else is fine in my opinion, OH YEAH, and the rating system needs to get fixed ASAP, if it can't then whats the point of the fake kolossium ladder? I have won most of my fights and my rating just keeps going down.. It doesn't even go up anymore. Jeez.

Respond to this thread