Score : 388

People who refuse to kolo

By from-zero-to-hero August 17, 2012, 07:29:13
Reactions 48
Score : 2122
DofusWorldChampion|2012-08-18 11:33:12
dezira|2012-08-18 11:30:25
whywouldigivemynametoamachine|2012-08-18 00:06:39
To me it feels like a flawed system, has nothing to do with players declining, other games have similair systems, and you can decline freely, and yet the match still goes on.
Less declining of fights = more kolo fights = more tokens gained = more soul stones/end game equips/ trophies = more people happy = more people will use Kolo.

The main problem IS the declining of kolo fights, until it gets resolved, this system will remain "broken". Imagine how many more people will kolo if there were more and balanced fights.

Agreed, at the moment the experience reward and everything with kolo is fine, except the fight searching and the declining, everything else is fine in my opinion, OH YEAH, and the rating system needs to get fixed ASAP, if it can't then whats the point of the fake kolossium ladder? I have won most of my fights and my rating just keeps going down.. It doesn't even go up anymore. Jeez.

~ Ultimate-Sensation - Proud Shikian Sacrier - Level 199
If I were you, I'd be glad my rating would keep decreasing since I hear people say that with 2k (or over) rating, they don't even get 1 fight per 4 hours which is incredible. blink

Fingers crossed this Kolo will see some changes in the coming updates.
Score : 3343
dezira|2012-08-18 11:40:21
DofusWorldChampion|2012-08-18 11:33:12
To me it feels like a flawed system, has nothing to do with players declining, other games have similair systems, and you can decline freely, and yet the match still goes on.
Less declining of fights = more kolo fights = more tokens gained = more soul stones/end game equips/ trophies = more people happy = more people will use Kolo.

The main problem IS the declining of kolo fights, until it gets resolved, this system will remain "broken". Imagine how many more people will kolo if there were more and balanced fights.

Agreed, at the moment the experience reward and everything with kolo is fine, except the fight searching and the declining, everything else is fine in my opinion, OH YEAH, and the rating system needs to get fixed ASAP, if it can't then whats the point of the fake kolossium ladder? I have won most of my fights and my rating just keeps going down.. It doesn't even go up anymore. Jeez.

If I were you, I'd be glad my rating would keep decreasing since I hear people say that with 2k (or over) rating, they don't even get 1 fight per 4 hours which is incredible. blink

Fingers crossed this Kolo will see some changes in the coming updates.

Meh not really too happy about that, I was the 2nd best kolo rated sacrier in shika and I need to get my daily tokens everyday since I need them for things, soo yer if my rating keeps going down, I can't do both of them.

Score : 2434

Yes, because on rushu when i can get a fight in 15-30 minutes, i just kolo all day, the main reason i'm not koloing is not because of the matchups between the 12/6 endgame 199-200 chars with 4-4.5k+ vit and hit around 3k a turn. That my lvl 140-180 characters will end up going against.
Score : 2573
whywouldigivemynametoamachine|2012-08-18 22:30:35

Yes, because on rushu when i can get a fight in 15-30 minutes, i just kolo all day, the main reason i'm not koloing is not because of the matchups between the 12/6 endgame 199-200 chars with 4-4.5k+ vit and hit around 3k a turn. That my lvl 140-180 characters will end up going against.
There are many problems with kolo... people refusing is one of them... maybe more to those that wait hours for a fight and struggle to even get one match-up a day.

Also, the longer the wait times the more flexible the system is... maybe the people you are fighting have been waiting days for a wait and the system decided 'screw it, let's just get them one'... more likely the flawed rating system but tongue 
Score : 5176
I know right, I've suggested it already before. They should kick those for a couple hours or so for those who are refusing everytime.

It's simply griefing Kolos. And annoying as hell.
Score : 640
Remove the refuse button, and make the refusing (not accepting) player unable to register for a few days. That will teach them.
By registering you inform that you are ready to fight. If you can't fight then unregister for that moment (of being afk or defending a perceptor)
PERIOD.
whywouldigivemynametoamachine|2012-08-19 01:53:36
Tuckers|2012-08-19 01:30:57
I know right, I've suggested it already before. They should kick those for a couple hours or so for those who are refusing everytime.

It's simply griefing Kolos. And annoying as hell.
I think i'm going to start queing up with all 5 of my accounts just to let the timer expire, because i'm sick of you pvp scrubs, who think its 100% intentional, well now it is. And if you lose a challange in a pvm fight for not paying attention, you should get -500 wisdom for 3 hours

To fix all the fight delays they just need to make all the english servers one kolo group, which would shorten kolo times, to fix the match system, they need to just readjust the rating system, and maybe modify a level limiter on some of the lower end rating match ups
You won't be the first on to do it intentionally... yea.. scumbags existed before you. Even if it isn't intentional, they are at fault and need to take some responsibility. And for the same reason, challenges should be more of an individual thing..Anyway.. so glad you are not on my server biggrin ... you are right about all those other problems that need to be fixed, but this one does as well.
Score : 6023
I wish that people who leave fights got more than a half hour ban. Thats pathetic. Is should be more like a week. At least when people decide to be childish and log out when they think they cannot win you can just use them as cannonfodder
Score : 164
Different people have different gaming schedules. We cannot expect everyone to be glued to the monitor for 10+ minutes waiting for a match-up.

If we start penalizing "refusers" then the queuing time will become longer which could lead to an even more afk refusers. It would be a vicious cycle and could lead to the failure of kolo system.

My suggestion is for all kolo players to make the experience fun for everyone. Be polite to others and don't be arrogant. When you offend others, they will not be encouraged to kolo and in the long run, your kolo matches will dwindle due to decrease in participants. I tried to kolo once just for fun, and my team was grossly mismatched and was massacred. Being a PvM summon wisdom osa, naturally I spammed summons. The winning team are so annoyed and expected me to just stand still and die... Even though they are winning, they are sprouting abusive languages to our team. When I told them to just have fun, I remember them saying that they are koloing for tokens and not for fun...

This is why I do not PvP... Nobody have fun in PvP... not the losers and not even the winners. PvP is base on conflict while PvM is based on cooperation.

This thread is another example of the PvP stress and another reason for me to not PvP.
Instead of asking for penalty to refusers, try to encourage others to PvP.

Sidenote: PvM players have builds and set-up that is not suitable for PvP. I have previously suggested a dual build system to allow characters to freely switch between PvP/PvM build. That could be a step to increase the numbers of PvP participants.

PS: To those who join kolo with the intention of quiting just to annoy PvPers... Stop wasting your time. It is not worth it. Sure, it is fun to annoy PvPers, but your time is better spend on doing PvM instead. tongue

-Gunnerwolfang... using a unsecured internet connection so I'm posting on an alt account.
Score : 640
The sad fact is that everyone is right. But they are representing only a small part of truth which they can see from their point of view.
If You want me to tell something about battle refusing, then I will say that many PvPers are refusing fights.
What can be the reason?
On my server people craft, fight, gather resources when registered. It's because it's already hard and time consuming to find a kolossium fight.
Kolossium registration is not respected in any way, because people consider sitting and waiting as stupid. They have their job to do, to get money for p2p and their new set.
Some people will gather resources, and manage to kill protector, rearm and join the fight. Others are doing dungeons (Sic!) and there is no chance that they leave the boss fight to fight in kolo.
By clicking the register button you agree that you are ready to join the fight in any moment. If you can't - deregister.
One week penalty. For who?
Trolls don't need kolossium. More accepted fights later, 7 days troll-free.
PvPers will respect the rule to get fights (and money).
PvMers will respect the rule to get money (from fights).
If someone can't read he will get banned every 7 days over and over.
The main problem is that kolossium is still not working, so people have to wait hours to join. It's not going to change in any way. The kolossium idea is rotten at the core. They had to replace Headhunter with anything just to shut people's mouth.
Score : 5742
Wow. The sheer amount of rage in this thread just shows how most Dofus players have never played games using similar systems that require queuing for matches xP

I assume that when your kolo queue pops and it shows you the Accept/Decline options, and one of your teammates declines, you're automatically placed into the highest priority queuing slot.

Sticking an increasing amount of time (Say, a multiplier of 2) required to get back into the queue as the penalty (which I think is currently in place) is perfectly fine. In any case those who're queuing barely miss out. I think it's just the sensation of having 'missed' a kolo fight when without that 'leaver', the queue wouldn't even have popped.
Score : 1300
What if you are in a Kolo fight, then it ends, and someone registers you back for another fight and it pops and you refuse, because you didn't want to do Kolo with that team again? Happens a few times to me, and I refuse to leave the team and reregister myself
Score : 2434
I think they should add a 10kk fee to register for kolo, this would be an incentive to not refuse, because you'll be throwing away 10kk.
Score : 1836
whywouldigivemynametoamachine|2012-08-20 19:57:31
I think they should add a 10kk fee to register for kolo, this would be an incentive to not refuse, because you'll be throwing away 10kk.
While this is a good suggestion, I can see two problems with adding an "entry fee" to the Kolosseum.

1. If you're part of a team that you don't want to stay in, the team leader signing you up would just be wasting your money.
  2. If it costs 10kk to get a Kolosseum fight in the first place, it'll probably affect the market for pebbles, trophies, soul stones, and spell point scrolls, making them go up by a fair amount.
Score : 164
Yes it will discourage those who register from refusing a kolo fight, but do you think this will encourage players to register? The matching time is already taking more than 30 minutes, it would take even more if less players register. There will also be an increase in refuser due to players afk'ing due to the long waiting period.

Some cannonfodders are registering because they will not lose anything when they do. They will not register if they will lose 10kk. I'm sure, even those dominant PvPers (winners) might not register if they will pay 10kk.

But I guess your idea can work, if, players pay 10kk to register and get back those 10kk even if they lose as long as they do not refuse. Is this what you meant?
Score : 2122
Paying 10kk for every time I register? Don't really like that. Meh 10kk, make it 50, I'm tired of having to wait hours on end because of these silly refusers.

I'd rather have it to be 10kk for refusers. People can simply de-register if they're busy. Simple as that.
Not each time you register as some people sit for hours and still don't get a fight... they should need to keep waiting to make their 10kk worth while.

Perhaps 10kk each time you refuse or get a fight... I wouldn't mind something like this although it would bring the population that kolo's down quite a bit. While this punishes those who refuse, it's also nice against those that troll around.

Hot-Sauced's suggestion could also work... more punishments the merrier.. giving 1 or 2 chances to increase the the harsher ones just for those who whine about those freak accidents like asteroids hitting their house or something.
Score : 3
Tons of dumb ideas so far. Charging to register for kolo? Charging refusers? Seriously?

I like the idea of a countdown of 30 seconds to 2 minutes for the fight to begin, and regardless what you are doing you are pulled in, afk or not. There have been a few times when my team has lost a player near the beginning and still won a match because our opponents are that bad. An afk automatically starts skipping its turn after a round or two anyhow, which would speed it up.

Edit: Merging the servers into a single or multiple brackets for kolo fights would be a nice idea though... Not hard to do either.
Score : 6023
Look lets face the facts. There is no solution to refusers. Just deal with it. It sucks i know but there just isn't a solution that would be happy with. They should however up the punishment for leaving during the fight (leaving, not logging out). Half an hour is pointless.
Score : 74
im agree tih the punishments but if your aggro or in special fight and then comes kolo i think you refuse it because u want to win it so maybe we have to think about other punishments like if u refuse just an hour or 2 and then u can fight again
Respond to this thread