FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums

The Achievement System

By [Izmar] - ADMIN - November 21, 2012, 12:00:00
Reactions 77
Score : 215
Amazing! This seems to be /one/ of the best updates so far! I've been waiting for Ankama to come up with something like this for a few years now! I'm so excited! It will definitely make me want to do pvm again!

I can't wait!
Score : 43
So if you have already done some of these like ent to a place you have to redo them tongue since it hasnt started yet?

went*
Score : 200
Looking forward to this. wub 
Score : 333
Yayy epic! biggrin Kinda sad im gonna have to do all dungs again tho :L
Score : 374
"Ornaments: A new cosmetic reward that allows personalizing the appearance of the character’s name when moused over."

Will we be able to do this whenever we want or do we have to pay ogrines/kamas if we want to change the appearance of our name?

Suggestion: The number of zaaps visited by each character is already recorded and saved so this record can be used to give the achievements related to 'Exploration' so that we do not have run around the Dofus world all over again.
Score : 579
punisherMHF|2012-11-23 08:44:11
"Ornaments: A new cosmetic reward that allows personalizing the appearance of the character’s name when moused over."

Will we be able to do this whenever we want or do we have to pay ogrines/kamas if we want to change the appearance of our name?

I'm pretty sure the ability to personalize the character's name is based on achievement system rewards.

It will be like how PvP can reward characters with bigger wings (and higher ranked shields), but achievements cannot be taken away (like rank in PvP).
Score : 27220
We’ll give more rewards with the Achievement system, especially Boss resources, which could see a price decrease. We're aware of this possibility and we believe that it is necessary to allow occasional players (or players who prefer to focus on the difficulty and diversity of actions rather than on Boss “farming&rdquo to win resources that are required to craft items with greater ease. We want to decrease the dependence of casual players on players who generate lots of Boss resources by doing the same dungeons over and over again Can you really be that blind? This means markets will crash, prices will go down to nothing, no one will be able to generate kamas and then people will stop buying p2p. You have basically made dungeons worthless in terms of profit for however long it takes this glut of resources to filter their way out.

For example: the rewards per person for CB are 1 Hamate and 10 Tails per person. That means each 8 man team is gonna to dump at least 80 tails into the markets and when you take that into a server wide account you are talking possibly thousands or tens of thousands of tails being dumped into the market. If you think that cutting off the kama supply means people will go back to spending real money for p2p, you guys are gonna be in for a rude surprise.
Score : 4825
Revil-Nunor|2012-11-23 20:48:34
We’ll give more rewards with the Achievement system, especially Boss resources, which could see a price decrease. We're aware of this possibility and we believe that it is necessary to allow occasional players (or players who prefer to focus on the difficulty and diversity of actions rather than on Boss “farming&rdquo to win resources that are required to craft items with greater ease. We want to decrease the dependence of casual players on players who generate lots of Boss resources by doing the same dungeons over and over again
Can you really be that blind? This means markets will crash, prices will go down to nothing, no one will be able to generate kamas and then people will stop buying p2p. Is my logic wrong?

The achievement bonuses are only granted once. After that, they can never be gained again. The markets will experience a hit at the very start of the new version, but will normalize once the extra influx has been consumed. Once everyone has gone through their extra bonus, the people that only did Frig2 dungeons for that achievement will continue on their merry way not grinding those dungeons, and Frig2 grinders will continue on their merry way grinding the resources still. The short term will be a mess, but the long term will be complete normalcy.
InuzukaKiba|2012-11-23 20:59:42
We’ll give more rewards with the Achievement system, especially Boss resources, which could see a price decrease. We're aware of this possibility and we believe that it is necessary to allow occasional players (or players who prefer to focus on the difficulty and diversity of actions rather than on Boss “farming&rdquo to win resources that are required to craft items with greater ease. We want to decrease the dependence of casual players on players who generate lots of Boss resources by doing the same dungeons over and over again
Can you really be that blind? This means markets will crash, prices will go down to nothing, no one will be able to generate kamas and then people will stop buying p2p. Is my logic wrong?

The achievement bonuses are only granted once. After that, they can never be gained again. The markets will experience a hit at the very start of the new version, but will normalize once the extra influx has been consumed. Once everyone has gone through their extra bonus, the people that only did Frig2 dungeons for that achievement will continue on their merry way not grinding those dungeons, and Frig2 grinders will continue on their merry way grinding the resources still. The short term will be a mess, but the long term will be complete normalcy.
Yes, but how long will the short term be? 3 months is more than enough to cripple a server. People who are sitting on hundreds of millions of kamas will be fine, but most people are not anywhere near that and sometimes rely on the few millions they can make each week to p2p their characters, and for a while these types will be SoL.
Score : 954
Revil-Nunor|2012-11-23 21:03:06

Yes, but how long will the short term be? 3 months is more than enough to cripple a server. People who are sitting on hundreds of millions of kamas will be fine, but most people are not anywhere near that and sometimes rely on the few millions they can make each week to p2p their characters, and for a while these types will be SoL.
Tbh all I see is the insecurity of someone who runs 8 accounts realizing they might not have an exclusive monopoly anymore. If I was able to make a few million kamas every week, I have even less right to complain much. It costs around 1-1.5mk per month of p2p. If I only make 1-2mk per week, I dont have much to complain about because I'm already sustaining my p2p with a decent chunk of "spending money" as well. Besides, the achievements might give enough boss resources to craft ONE piece of that respective equipment type, not an entire set, let alone provide every single material required.
Digitized|2012-11-23 21:12:02
Revil-Nunor|2012-11-23 21:03:06

Tbh all I see is the insecurity of someone who runs 8 accounts realizing they might not have an exclusive monopoly anymore. If I was able to make a few million kamas every week, I have even less right to complain much. It costs around 1-1.5mk per month of p2p. If I only make 1-2mk per week, I dont have much to complain about because I'm already sustaining my p2p with a decent chunk of "spending money" as well. Besides, the achievements might give enough boss resources to craft ONE piece of that respective equipment type, not an entire set, let alone provide every single material required.
For myself no, I already have enough money put away that I don't worry about things like this. But I know some people who play on Solar who are going to be devastated by this, and I am not so stuck up that I don't look anywhere past myself.

Solar ogrines are 245kk per 700 right now. So 2mk a week for p2p and 8mk a month.

If it turns out that it doesn't go down like this then I will be the first to say I overreacted, but I don't think it is an overreaction.
Score : 2086
The only part I disagree with is when he said that they still think leveling is too hard for some players. Honestly , I think this is insane. With all the xp bonuses people get nowadays , leveling is a peace of cake.
Score : 4825
MrFlamez|2012-11-23 21:20:28
The only part I disagree with is when he said that they still think leveling is too hard for some players. Honestly , I think this is insane. With all the xp bonuses people get nowadays , leveling is a peace of cake.

I'm one of the targets of the Almanax and Achievement updates. I could gather up a group and grind on stuff constantly, which I do from time to time, but I just don't have that drive to do it enough to just whiz up the levels quickly. On top of that, I rarely have time these days to do that kind of thing. The alternative leveling systems they've given us are a welcome addition to the casual player, allowing us to have a sense of progression. For the hardcore leveler, these bonuses are but a drop in the bucket of experience they're bringing in all the time.
Score : 1118

Suggestion: The number of zaaps visited by each character is already recorded and saved so this record can be used to give the achievements related to 'Exploration' so that we do not have run around the Dofus world all over again.
Actually, there's a whole thread about it here.

It basically will work like Wakfu. You complete "achievements" (which are like one-time quests) and then you get a reward. You do all of those in a group, and you'll get the ornament which you can control when it's displayed.

Titles will now be stored, so once you equip something with a title, it will be stored so you can display it if you want. There will likely be a limit to the number of titles that can be displayed.
Revil-Nunor|2012-11-23 21:18:36
For myself no, I already have enough money put away that I don't worry about things like this. But I know some people who play on Solar who are going to be devastated by this, and I am not so stuck up that I don't look anywhere past myself.

Solar ogrines are 245kk per 700 right now. So 2mk a week for p2p and 8mk a month.

If it turns out that it doesn't go down like this then I will be the first to say I overreacted, but I don't think it is an overreaction.
Your math is a bit off. If it's ~250kk for a week of p2p, it's JUST over 1mk per month. Now, if you're talking about subscribing a full 8 accounts, then yea, your math would be right, however, someone who runs 8 accounts is more than capable of making the necessary money within a week, especially if they pay attention to the market.

Quite frankly, you're overreacting already, because no one knows the exact materials being given outside of what we see in the screenshots. Combine it with the fact that you're only getting that reward once, especially with the level requirements, it's overreacting.
10 Tails + 1 Hamate per person. So that means I will get at least 16 Hamates and 160 Tails alone if I do that on all of my characters. On top of what I already get from doing the dungeon itself. That is a massive influx, especially for a smaller economy like Solar or Shika.

So I guess we will wait and see what happens.
Score : 374
Lagirdam|2012-11-23 21:31:37

Actually, there's a whole thread about it here.

It basically will work like Wakfu. You complete "achievements" (which are like one-time quests) and then you get a reward. You do all of those in a group, and you'll get the ornament which you can control when it's displayed.

Titles will now be stored, so once you equip something with a title, it will be stored so you can display it if you want. There will likely be a limit to the number of titles that can be displayed.
Thank you; I understand now smile 
Score : 1740
Finally a good update! This should motivate people to do more quests and dungeons.happy
Except for the toad nerf on the osa's.... thats horrible. blink
Revil-Nunor|2012-11-23 23:38:45
10 Tails + 1 Hamate per person. So that means I will get at least 16 Hamates and 160 Tails alone if I do that on all of my characters. On top of what I already get from doing the dungeon itself. That is a massive influx, especially for a smaller economy like Solar or Shika.

So I guess we will wait and see what happens.
Keep in mind people have to be able to complete the achievement in the first place, so unless you're able to run those dungeons confidently, it's only going to be those that run multiple accounts, or have several high level friends, that will complete some of the more difficult dungeon/monster achievements. The people that power the supply now are pretty much the only people that'll be able to do the achievement.
Score : 2
When is 2.9 update coming? smile

oh nvm biggrin
Respond to this thread