FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Celebrate Saint Ballotwine in game… and with art!

By #[Izmar] - ADMIN - February 06, 2013, 12:00:00
Announcements

Spring is not yet on the horizon, but young adventurers’ thoughts are already lightly turning toward the topic of love! Before you start frolicking through the fields with a flower clutched ‘twix your teeth, remember that the Pink Plague is approaching…

Yes, that’s right, the Disease of Love, the Chocrosis flu. All around the World of Twelve, everyone (starting with Gobballs, as usual) catches that Chocrosis bug at this time of year, and before you can say "WTB> Bwork Protection"  the countryside is blanketed in pink! It’s not all bad, though. There’ll be chocolates galore and charming heart fairyworks for all.

There will also be quests and Almanax bonuses related to this time of romance. Be sure to prepare an offering for February 14th, when Duf will have a special bonus for you!

But there's even more...
We're also giving you a chance to express your love with a stripping contest! And by that, we mean creating a three-panel comic strip that tells a funny story about this special time of year when adventurers see the world through rose-colored glasses: Saint Ballotwine's Day! You have until the 20th of February to submit your artwork.
At the end of the submission phase, two grand prize winners will be chosen in two categories: The Best Drawing Strip and the Best Screenshot Strip. There will be five other winners in both categories. The winning strips will be published on the site and in DOFUS Mag Number 6!

Ready to participate?
View the list of prizes and submit your artwork here!
Reactions 16
Score : 146

Stripping contest.. lolwut :p

0 0
Score : 4

:O We want us to strip? I'm game for that if izmar is wink She can eat cake off of me

you* damn typo sad

0 0
CreepySteve|2013-02-06 15:31:01
:O We want us to strip? I'm game for that if izmar is wink She can eat cake off of me

you* damn typo sad
You have the perfect account name for that post. Bravo sir. wink 
Score : 2

what wtb means???

0 0
Score : 4
Izmar|2013-02-06 15:57:14
CreepySteve|2013-02-06 15:31:01

you* damn typo sad
You have the perfect account name for that post. Bravo sir. wink
Why thank you, are you game for that then?
0 0
Score : 2132

How could innocent ballotwine turn into such a creepy thread lolz. Can't wait to gather some love candies and such ;D

~KAN~

0 0
Score : 16
Izmar|2013-02-06 14:05:25

All around the World of Twelve, everyone (starting with Gobballs, as usual) catches that Chocrosis bug at this time of year, and before you can say "WTB> Bwork Protection" the countryside is blanketed in pink!

I see what they did there.rolleyes I also know what I'll be drawing in the comic strips laugh

I do have some questions though.

• Does it all have to be drawn or can we draw it and use a program (i.e Photoshop or Gimp) to add a bit more to it?
  • If we can use the programs, what does the file size have to be to submit it and at what resolution?
  • I also take it dialogue for the strips are not allowed?
Thank you,
Cupcake ^^
0 0
Score : 1404
satam4|2013-02-06 16:02:46
what wtb means???
Satam it means: Want To Buy smile usually used as an abbreviation in trades channels.

_
0 0
Zargabanth|2013-02-06 16:49:48
what wtb means???
Satam it means: Want To Buy smile usually used as an abbreviation in trades channels.

_

In relation the Contest, creating a short comic strip sounds like an enjoyable competition to take part in. One thing concerns me though, into the understanding of "stripping" in particular.
As to describe a subject area, that may be deemed almost rather explicit in nature? I suppose the limitation of three panels avoids particularized images that are abundant in quantity, steering clear of more vulgar cogitations; even when relating to the fictional world of Dofus.

Something about what's being asked, as to create a short comic in a humorous manner; around love and the raw?

Maybe including your own characters that you play in-game?

Concerning the chosen subject, what boundaries are there in place to make sure entries are not too ambiguous to there approach? As a sense to to fully understand what is acceptable, in case of criteria of the competition being misunderstood.
Can we at least imply something without using an explicit drawing though? I look at it like some political cartoons (except that this is a contest and therefore it's for fun :p). Sometimes the drawing and captions don't make sense for some, but other people might get the joke or reference.
0 0
Score : 1404
kingofblondemoments|2013-02-06 16:59:23
Zargabanth|2013-02-06 16:49:48
what wtb means???

_

In relation the Contest, creating a short comic strip sounds like an enjoyable competition to take part in. One thing concerns me though, into the understanding of "stripping" in particular.
As to describe a subject area, that may be deemed almost rather explicit in nature? I suppose the limitation of three panels avoids particularized images that are abundant in quantity, steering clear of more vulgar cogitations; even when relating to the fictional world of Dofus.

Something about what's being asked, as to create a short comic in a humorous manner; around love and the raw?

Maybe including your own characters that you play in-game?

Concerning the chosen subject, what boundaries are there in place to make sure entries are not too ambiguous to there approach? As a sense to to fully understand what is acceptable, in case of criteria of the competition being misunderstood.
Can we at least imply something without using an explicit drawings though? I look at it like some political cartoons (except that this is a contest and therefore it's for fun tongue). Sometimes the drawing and captions don't make sense for some, but other people might get the joke or reference.
Rainbow ignore my previous comment tongue I typed away before clicking on the actual link XD and heck I'm a Fine Aritst I love that sort of "creative" writing tongue

I simply meant explicit as in to reveal, as well as just to make it clear that I did misunderstand the initial description =3
0 0

Just to be clear, it's absolutely not necessary to create a comic of an explicit nature. As usual, we're making a few immature jokes in the news to lighten the mood and make you smile, but this doesn't mean that you're required to do the same to participate!

There probably goes my Feca's Immunity joke :unsure:. I had another plan in the back of my mind in case the first wouldn't work out (and this will not contain double meanings). happy

0 0
Score : 1694

The way I read it, you can include some clever innuendo, but you don't need to, so have a go at your Immunity joke. wink

I see there's also a new submission process, directly on the website by logging in. When I click the button it shows my account's registered email address. So you will get this in an email, Izmar? Does it matter that I have the email address associated to, well, a lot of my accounts? Do you still see the account it was submitted from?

0 0
Score : 3

Does it have to be exactly three panels? Could you have 3 squares and split one square into 2 or 3 segments?

0 0
Score : 1455

Omg haha i think i remember this type of thing last year except they made videos and other stuff and it was about like what they did sence they joined the world of 12 or something but i just remember that 2 guys were the winner there video was beast haha id watch it again but i dont member link :X

0 0
Score : 2

I just want to ask, if we can submit just one art or more?

0 0
Respond to this thread