FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Frigost Statistics, Before and After

By #[Izmar] - ADMIN - March 07, 2013, 00:17:46
DevTracker
Reactions 61
Score : 1121

This applies to both new players and old player's alts, mostly alts probably. So all Ankama really wants is more number of characters involving in Frigost content than actually the number of players (new ones importantly) involving? I suppose what's been addressed in this thread seems to prove its true.

0 0
Score : 4434
Mishna|2013-03-07 19:00:09
I fundamentally disagree with forcing PvP players to do PvM, just like I disagree with forcing PvM players to do PvP.

This ^

This won't really affect me since I plan on running the dungeons anyways but I hate being forced to pvp so why should others be forced to pvm? Also for people that switch between characters, or want to exchange sets between characters this kinda makes it more of a hassle.

Its nice to see the stats and increase in the amount of players being able to make their way through frigost 2.
0 0
Score : 13021

I'm beginning to wonder if I should replace my Iop for a Masq...? Masq's are dominating the Frigost area, while Iops are WAY down towards the bottom. mellow

Benjamight

0 0
Score : 194
Benja-might|2013-03-08 16:44:26
I'm beginning to wonder if I should replace my Iop for a Masq...? Masq's are dominating the Frigost area, while Iops are WAY down towards the bottom. mellow

Benjamight
can you not keep both ?i would not run a team without either,what classes are you playing atm?
0 0
Score : 27404

Benjamight
If you join everyone stampeding to make a Masq then Ankama will just balance them out later, I find it is better to avoid what everyone else does and stick with stuff people don't do. That way I am able to avoid a lot of the nerfs and keep my team intact.
1 0
Score : 13021

You both bring up good points. Like, I thought about adding a Feca or Xelor to my team, JUST because I know there is a big buff on it's way...lol.

As for adding both, I could possibly do that, but I am enjoying the effects of a smaller team (currently 5 man team). My current team is:

200 - Iop
200 - Enu
200 - Eni
199 - Panda
198 - Cra

I'm sure I have the funds to fully equip another epic level character, which I have grown to like...lol. Save up 30mk+, subscribe the alt, and fully equip them on the spot... that's fun!

Perhaps I'll add a Masq. on my Iop account, just so I have options. Double XP all the way to 200 would be nice. biggrin

Benjamight

0 0
Score : 2

im only 170 level cra biggrin

0 0
Score : 2028

When the population of dofus asked for frigost statistics what I ment and what I think the majority ment was "this mosnter has 300 intelligence, 200 str, 1.000 initiative" etc.Now Izmar posted statistics about what lvl characters enter frigost and things like that.Those are interesting too, but I dont see how the knowledge of pandas clas are popular in late frigost dungeon can help me outinitiate a monster in such a dungeon or at the area outside it.

0 0
Score : 212
Revil-Nunor|2013-03-08 18:27:08

Benjamight
If you join everyone stampeding to make a Masq then Ankama will just balance them out later, I find it is better to avoid what everyone else does and stick with stuff people don't do. That way I am able to avoid a lot of the nerfs and keep my team intact.
Ohohoho, is funny, because stampede is masq spell!
On a more serious note, I definately agree with the tactic, the "if you can't beat them join them" tactic is overrated.
0 0
Score : 27404
--epic--|2013-03-09 17:45:49

Benjamight
Somebody got it. laugh 
0 0
Score : 212
Revil-Nunor|2013-03-09 20:40:40
--epic--|2013-03-09 17:45:49

Benjamight
Somebody got it. laugh
Was wondering if anybody would get the family guy ref, not sure if you did :unsure: 
0 0
Score : 2475

Benjamight
It's just simple math:

There may be 100,000 Iops and 100 Masqs, with half of those Masqs being alts of level 200s who can leech it through with ease, and tons of those Iops being free-to-play level 20s. A higher PERCENTAGE is Masqs, but a higher ACTUAL COUNT is Iops. Plus, Iops are far far more useful than Masqs.

Masqs and Foggers are the least played classes in the entire game. Try and name one really mindblowingly good Masq. I can name a handful of outstandingly great Iops.
0 0
Score : 957

Will xelors/feca,s get their overhaul at the release of Frigost III or after/before?

0 0
Score : 373
Izmar|2013-03-07 00:17:46
Damage dealers (classes that Hit Things And Hit Them Hard like Iop, Cra, and Sram): These classes suffer from the abilities of other classes to do enormous damage - sometimes equivalent to their own - which is meant to be their specialty. Because of this, a group can manage without a damage dealer, while they cannot manage without support characters. Fortunately, we have some projects in the hopper to address this issue.
Izmar|2013-03-07 13:24:28
At the moment, it doesn't seem that adjustments to the Sadidas will require enormous changes, just tweaks here and there in addition to the universal system changes that are being developed. Naturally, this could change in the future if the numbers don't show a positive progression, but that's the outlook for right now.
Though it's true that Cra, Iops, and Srams are pretty low on the completion chart, they're pretty high up on the popularity chart. If the two most popular classes, Sacriers (11.8%, "the pillar of many groups") and Eniripsas (12.5%, "many synergies with other classes"), are more or less vital despite their average position in the completion chart, doesn't this mean that other popular classes like Cra, Iop, and Sram are fine as they are? From these statistics, I would say that the least appreciated classes are Xelor and Sadida. These classes are among the lowest in both popularity and completion rate.

But with the statistics provided, I can do better than only give my opinion. I can use some basic math to give an idea of how many characters of each class have completed Frigost. Let's assume that there are 10,000 level 200 players (just to make the math a little easier). We can then just multiply the percentages to get an idea of the number of characters of level 200 of each class that have completed Frigost. We get the following results (ordered from high to low).

Eni: 71 * 12.5 = 887.5
Sac: 71 * 11.8 = 837.8

Enu: 71 * 9.8 = 695.8
Iop: 60 * 11.4 = 684.0
Cra: 56 * 11.6 = 649.6

Pan: 84 * 5.7 = 478.8
Fec: 72 * 6.3 = 453.6
Osa: 73 * 6.2 = 452.6
Sra: 61 * 7.1 = 433.1

Eca: 71 * 4.8 = 340.8
Xel: 57 * 5.7 = 324.9
Sad: 56 * 4.3 = 240.8

Msq: 84 * 1.5 = 126.0
Rog: 74 * 0.9 = 66.6
Fog: 61 * 0.3 = 18.3

Based on these numbers, We can identify roughly 5 tiers of classes of popularity. Unsurprisingly, the top tier is occupied by the Eniripsa and Sacrier. Of all the level 200 characters that have finished Frigost, about 25% is either an Eniripsa or a Sacrier.
The second tier is occupied by classes that would be found in most Frigost dungeon teams. Apparently, these are Cra, Iop, and Enutrof.
The third tier is the place for average classes that are considered useful enough to take along to a dungeon, but not vital enough to be the core of most groups. This category is filled by Pandawas, Fecas, Osamodas, and Srams.
The fourth tier shows the low end classes, which will be absent from most of the teams. In fact, the data suggest that there are about as many level 200 Eniripsas that have finished Frigost as the combined number of level 200 Ecaflips, Xelors, and Sadidas that have finished Frigost.
The final tier is made up of the new classes Masqueraider, Rogue, and Foggernaut. Since they are so new, it's not really possible to make a fair comparison to established classes.

These data show that damage dealers are well represented in the population of level 200 characters that have finished Frigost, while Sadidas struggle. So I wonder why the developers feel that it is the Iops, Cras, and Srams that need a boost, while Sadidas only need a few tweaks.

Izmar|2013-03-07 00:17:46
It is something we want to change in Frigost III; to offer real objectives and rewards that are actually based on merit for players who go through all the trouble. In Frigost III, the new equipment will also have a new condition: the holder will need to have completed the dungeons associated with the item at least once before being able to equip the sets the dungeons offer.
I like the philosophy of only giving access to certain benefits to characters that have shown that they don't need those benefits. However, I think this aspect of Frigost 3 will be disliked by many players.
- The new dungeons won't provide an attractive market for strong PvM teams; the dungeons can be fun, but the drops would be nearly worthless (just look at the market for Potsan Pants or Metamunch Kin's Helmet).
- Weaker PvM teams will struggle longer to get through the new dungeons, because they can't use Frigost 3 items sold by stronger teams to help them through.
- PvP players have to go through all Frigost dungeons to be able to use Frigost 3 items.
0 0
Score : 34

I tryed the team search tool evryday but never found an group :/

0 0
Score : 255

I don't know why the graphs weren't based on the total number of X character on Frigost. Percentage doesn't say much in a game where class popularity is unbalanced.

0 0
Score : 1496

if 2.11 WEAPONS RESTRICTIONS will come to live this data will be useless anyway ...

% of people which will be able to finish buckanear+ dungeons will drop to 10-20% max...

so all those changes to make it easier to finish will be screwed with one simply update

0 0
Score : 373
flashunter|2013-03-16 11:07:41
I don't know why the graphs weren't based on the total number of X character on Frigost. Percentage doesn't say much in a game where class popularity is unbalanced.
I concur. They could have at least added a graph of the total number of characters per class for comparison.

I'd like to add some more data to my previous analysis. As part of the invitation to Ankama HQ, the French players did a contest to see who could kill the Celestial Bearbarian the fastest. This page shows the top 15 teams, which gives us an excellent opportunity to see what classes these teams are made up of. The following are the counts of each classes among the 120 characters in the top 15 teams, ordered from high to low.

Iop 18
Eni 15
Sac 15
Pan 15
Msq 13
Xel 10
Fec 9
Enu 8
Cra 8
Osa 4
Eca 3
Sra 2
Sad 0
Rog 0
Fog 0

The most striking data to me is that there are more Iops than teams, and that Iops are more popular than Eniripsa and Sacrier. Cra and Enutrof, on the other hand, are not nearly as popular as their completion rates suggest. But pushback, range debuffs, and MP debuffs are restricted in the Celestial Bearbarian dungeon, which may contribute to their mediocre representation. The specifics of the Celestial Bearbarian dungeon may also increase demand for Pandawas and Xelors because of their unique support abilities. Sram is the only damage dealer class that struggles, while none of the teams used a Sadida.

Based on these data, I would say that damage dealers do not suffer from the abilities of other classes to do enormous damage at all. On the contrary, it is the support classes that struggle to find a group. You can always use more damage, but support abilities are much more restricted in their use.
0 0
Score : 513

You have to take into account the nature of this challenge though. It was a struggle to be fastest, so naturally people went for Wrath, combined with Masquerade (look at this freakishly high percentage of Masqs, when actually still only few teams have one) and of course also AP buffs.

0 0
Score : 323

From the view point of someone returning (especially as an Eca) after being inactive since 2011, the game doesn't really feel like Dofus' anymore. Whether it's a good or bad thing, I have no idea, but I guess I'll find out after I see what the hell happened!
(Hope it turns out well)

0 0
Respond to this thread