FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

level 50+ grinding

By Sparklyportal March 09, 2013, 04:41:13

It all started with my friend who told me to just put all my points in wisdom and go join a group to leech exp to gain levels faster, claiming this was the only sane way of getting to level 80 and above.
but i'm more interested in leveling up the natural way.

as a level 49 int cra where can I grind up to 80 without it taking a lifetime?
thanks in advance!

0 0
Reactions 6
Score : 2158

Just anywhere where the mobs are about your level but that aren't frequented.
Try fights with lots of stars - stars are good.

1 0
Score : 11360

I also recommend doing the Temple Dopples once a day if you can (I know some of those Dopples are a pain in the butt at some levels or if your gear isn't great, but try to do as many as you can, because the Extravagant Baker's Dozen quest has a high payoff) and the Almanax every day if you can (there's often someone giving away the required offering if you can't collect it yourself). Because of the once-per-day limitations, you can't level just on those things, but they help immensely by giving you a daily burst of Exp to look forward to.

Achievements also help a lot, and exploration achievements are relatively easy to get.

Really, I've found leveling in this game to be faster than it's ever been, even without leeching (which is a horrible word), and I am a notoriously lazy leveler.

1 0
Score : 164

I have never used a wisdom set with a leech. I have found it to be one of the slowest ways to level, mainly because the time between fights takes so long since everyone splits up to find a group and has to regather at that point.

Solo xp is a little different from group xp, you will need to find single mobs that meet your level, not easy to do most of the time.

Or find groups of mobs that are within 10 levels of you with one mob whos level X2.5 matches your level, which means you need at least one monster in a group to be close to level 19.

If I remember right.

0 0
Score : 3056

Doing small mobs on Otomai's island, or even Castaway Island could net you some nice xp. You could also do Dark Smiths/bakers/miners, just try to not get any rogue clan bandit, as they can kill you pretty quickly. If you don't want to try any of the above, I believe Scaras, blops, or lousy pig mobs would also suffice.

0 0
Score : 589

Best xp is gained from groups around your lvl. So if you are lvl 50 best xp is between 45/55. It has absolutely no use to take bigger groups (lets say a 200 mob, combined lvl, so lets say 10x a lvl 20 monster) even if they are easy to kill.
It just takes longer and the xp is more crappy.

0 0
Score : 1119
Darkstorm|2013-03-09 05:12:41
I also recommend doing the Temple Dopples once a day if you can (I know some of those Dopples are a pain in the butt at some levels or if your gear isn't great, but try to do as many as you can, because the Extravagant Baker's Dozen quest has a high payoff) and the Almanax every day if you can (there's often someone giving away the required offering if you can't collect it yourself). Because of the once-per-day limitations, you can't level just on those things, but they help immensely by giving you a daily burst of Exp to look forward to.

Achievements also help a lot, and exploration achievements are relatively easy to get.

Really, I've found leveling in this game to be faster than it's ever been, even without leeching (which is a horrible word), and I am a notoriously lazy leveler.
Agreed...this is great advice. I have found the almanax to account for whole levels on my characters with x2 or x3 modifiers.

AestheticAwesomeness|2013-03-09 21:26:28
Doing small mobs on Otomai's island, or even Castaway Island could net you some nice xp. You could also do Dark Smiths/bakers/miners, just try to not get any rogue clan bandit, as they can kill you pretty quickly. If you don't want to try any of the above, I believe Scaras, blops, or lousy pig mobs would also suffice.
Small Coral Beach mobs especially. Focus on "starred" mobs of monsters with weaknesses to int (Kurasso Craborals and Kurasso Palmflowers) or not very good int resists (Mahlibuh & Moheeto). Avoid the Passoah versions...they are strong against int.

And, this might sound crazy, but from 50-70 you should be able to very quickly level on piwis in Astrub as a cra. They give out decent xp, can be found in mobs up to the low 100s and are crazy quick to kill (so their xp/time ratio is very good). It will be boring, but it shouldn't take very long. And the drops are actually worth something.

I'd also like to say I would probably find your friend to be a very annoying player and I'm glad you're stepping out on your own. I never take random leechers in Frigost...they generally don't know what they're doing and don't contribute anything...many don't even pass their turn so it slows you down. "Leeching" to a higher level very quickly means you never learn what your class can really do. Then you spend a bunch of levels looking like a dolt while you figure it out, or get a team killed. The way to level is getting out and trying different mobs. Try stuff hard, try easy stuff. Run as many dungeons as you can. Also getting in with a decent guild that has active members on a similar schedule as you really helps.
0 0
Respond to this thread