FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Improvement to the Chat Status System

By #[Izmar] - ADMIN - April 03, 2013, 21:15:00

In the 2.11 update, the dev team wanted to introduce a feature that should delight the more sociable players (and the more misanthropic players too, for that matter): a new status management system that allows you to manage invitations, private messages, and more!Before 2.11, status management controls were handled by two rather obscure commands: /away, which simply blocked all private messages and invitations (guilds, trades, groups, or challenges) and /invisible, which had the same effect, except that it allowed interactions and messages from your friends.

These two commands were largely unknown to most of our players, and they don't really meet everyone's needs. That's why we've transformed these commands into a true interface feature!

How it works

Configuring your status is very easy! There's a cutesy new icon at the right end of the chat bar. It's default state is a green circle, indicating that you are in the Available state. Simply click on that cutey to select a different status for your character.

The New Statuses

Here are the different statuese that you can set on yourself and their effects on your interactions with other players:
  • Available: This is the default status, you're open for anything!
  • Away: When you set this statue, all invitations will be blocked, but you will continue to receive private messages sent to you, to be read when you return. You can also choose to set a custom away message that will automatically be sent to players who contact you, and will also be set in your guild and friend lists. Sending a message or undertaking any inter-player interaction will switch you back to the "Available" status.
  • Private: Only players on your friends list can send you private messages or invitations. If you message or interact with a player who is not on your list, you will return to the Available status.
  • Solo: The perfect status for when you want to be alone with your thoughts. Solo blocks absolutely all private messages and invitations, even if your beloved spouse is sending them. Sending any invitations or private messages will return you to the Available status.

Interface Integration

In the past, you had to send a message to someone to see if they were available or not. Now, you can just take a look at your friend or guild list to quickly see who's available and who isn't.

And even though it's not recommended, sometimes you may have to leave in the middle of combat! But now your fellow fighters won't be left out of the loop, because your away status will be shows in a tooltip when mousing over the timeline.

To sum up, this isn't the type of feature that will make it easier for you to kick Count Harebourg's bum, but it will help you avoid embarassing drama: "Why didn't you answer? Oh, you're ignoring me now?! Well SO'S YOUR FACE!" We hope you enjoy your new ability to AFK with serenity.

Many thanks to [Tounakma] for the devblog article!Click here 
Reactions 21
Score : 15635

Elegant and useful! I like it!

0 0
Score : 2130

I think this is nice and a good way to let people know you are gone because it is quick and simple and sometimes friends have to afk because of kids or something and now I can know they are gone. The only thing is IF players actually use it. Team search exists, but no one uses it and this is a thing that won't change the game in a negative way, but can be useful so kudos ankama wink

~KAN~

0 0
Score : 4052

Hehehe, nice pic about 1.29 happy

Also, I noticed that the first day I signed into the Test server, I thought it'd be pretty neat to have that around smile (as well as not having to guess if someone in a fight just up and left to leave you to die in pvm/pvp in tougher fights).

Let's hope it gets used :p and about Team Search, maybe find some way to advertise that and hopefully gain some users, or it may just end up being a sided-note that may as well be removed :s

0 0
Score : 119

Simple, functional, and stylish. Ankama is raising the bar and picking up the pace. If they keep this up, I may have to give them more respect.

0 0
Score : 125

I give them respect already smile)

0 0
Score : 150

Wow, this will be truly useful. Now I'm looking forward to 2.11 even more! smile 

0 0
Score : 3064

This is really helpful actually

0 0
Score : 624

Perfect, this saves the trouble of explaining things.

0 0
Score : 1220

yer i liked this option on the beta....but be more fun if we could write our own *away* messages......hehehehe biggrin

0 0
Score : 2933
morbustart|2013-04-04 14:59:55
yer i liked this option on the beta....but be more fun if we could write our own *away* messages......hehehehe biggrin
you can.
And LOVE IT! (Also love the tone of this devblog)
0 0
Score : 3

you guys should put like a box thingy on the guild screen, like right below the guild name in that space, so leader can write something and guild members can see it when ever they log on smile

0 0
Score : 812

I can't find anything negative about the 2.11 update, I don't usually just say "good job amakna" but i'm really looking forward for this update.

you guys should put like a box thingy on the guild screen, like right below the guild name in that space, so leader can write something and guild members can see it when ever they log on

If i'm not wrong a lot of people want this too, it'll be cool if they add this.
0 0
Score : 945
DoonKan|2013-04-03 22:19:59
I think this is nice and a good way to let people know you are gone because it is quick and simple and sometimes friends have to afk because of kids or something and now I can know they are gone. The only thing is IF players actually use it. Team search exists, but no one uses it and this is a thing that won't change the game in a negative way, but can be useful so kudos ankama wink

~KAN~

So I saw your post about this and totally made a suggestion post on it. Team search would be awesome if people actually used it. Let's keep the momentum going and keep improving the game so players can have even more fun!

Link to the forum post I made on team search:

Click here 
0 0
Score : 1583

I must be one of the few people who occasionally signs up to things on team search just hoping someone else will be on!

But with regards to this update, it seems very nice. It's good to see that despite a huge content addition and large game mechanics changes that we are getting in 2.11, small features like this are still being introduced as well.

Like someone said before, this update genuinely seems faultless.

--Ex--

0 0
Score : 69

auto reply and status very nice.

0 0
Score : 2

great job on updates, although we coulda kept weapons untouched...... also i wanna know wat she is wearing to have 9769hp O.o

0 0
Score : 4052
ghkdkudk|2013-04-11 18:18:15
great job on updates, although we coulda kept weapons untouched...... also i wanna know wat she is wearing to have 9769hp O.o
good updates :p

Gear is specifically MOD made. They have access to special gear that is wearable from lv 1 and it can give like +200 in each stat, 5000-9000 hp, and i think 100-300% damage? (in the ring alone at that wink) I forget if it can add like 30-50% resist across the board also.

To sum it up: MODs are capable of beasting out a Lv 200 in overmaged gear with basic spells =/
0 0
Score : 3459

Very handy to have! Love this improvement.

0 0
Score : 4

Very useful Ankama, thanks smile although...I really do miss 1.29 :/ would you consider making it possible on a certain server etc?

0 0
Respond to this thread