FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Interface Improvements in 2.11

By #[Sili] - ANKAMA - April 10, 2013, 16:30:01

The 2.11 update is less than a week away, and like most major updates, it will bring along some new interfaces and client improvements. We've already talked about the new status system and the integrated bestiary, but that's not all! Here's a partial list of the other major improvements that you'll find in your client this coming Tuesday.

End of battle

Several changes have been implemented in the interface of battle results, in order to make it more convenient and readable.

This interface’s main weakness was its lack of flexibility: with 4 players a team, no problem, but with fewer fighters, room was wasted with useless empty lines, while on the other hand, if a team was made of more than 4 players, you had to scroll the screen to see them all, and it was impossible to see both the first and the last players of a team composed of 8 players at the same time.
After many years, we’ve finally decided to take action on this and to make the interface more dynamic, so it can adapt to the number of players in a fight and display up to two teams of 8 players and a perceptor at the same time, without scrolling.

Description : http://staticns.ankama.com/comm/news/dofus/devblog/04_2013/fight.jpg

The loot list of each player was also problematic. When many items were dropped (shoutout to the heroic server), the info-bubble displayed when hovering the button at the end of the line lacked visibility, and in some extreme cases, wasn’t big enough to show all the items. From now on, when more than 10 items are dropped by a player, the button at the end of the line always shows the info-tooltip when mousing over the button, but also allows you to open a real item menu when clicking on it, where all dropped items are visible, with no restrain. This also has the advantage of showing the items in the form of icons, which makes it easier to recognize the drops.

Description : http://staticns.ankama.com/comm/news/dofus/devblog/04_2013/fight2.jpg

Finally, in this additional menu as well as on the basic drop line, each item now has a complete info-bubble (but it only displays an item’s stats if equipped), or an item sheet when clicking depending your personal client settings, and a contextual menu with access to related recipes, bestiary, etc.

INTERFACE BUTTONS
With the addition of the bestiary, we’ve increased the number of permanent interface buttons from 10 to 13, in order to multiply organization possibilities, so each player can access the interfaces they use the most more easily. As a reminder, you just need to click on the “+” button on the right to access the list of additional buttons. When it’s opened, the buttons can be dragged and dropped in the order of your choice.

To make room for this change, the buttons that swap the toolbar between spell shortcuts and item shortcuts have been moved to the right. Apart from this change in location, their function remains the same.

Description : http://staticns.ankama.com/comm/news/dofus/devblog/04_2013/banner.jpg

SPECTATOR

With 2.11, the spectator interface will become much more informational, especially when trying to quickly find the battle you’re interested in watching.

The battle list now displays the type of fight on the map: the double arrow changes, depending on if the fight in question is in the Kolossium, a challenge, or an aggression.

On each side of this arrow, the type of team is also presented more clearly. It can either be Neutral, Bontarian, Brakmarian, or Monster or Perceptor. Then, the average level of the battle is displayed.
And finally, at the end right of the interface, a new column shows you if a friend, a member of your current group or your guild is participating to one of the map’s battles. If several different players who are known to you are in the same fight, members of your group are displayed in priority over friends, who are displayed in priority over members of your guild.

By default, battles of the player’s acquaintances are displayed first in the map’s list of battles, but each column header can be clicked and allows sorting of battles according to this column’s data.
Please note that the total team level has replaced by the average level of the team, and the sex and class of each fighter are now visible in the fight breakdown.

ACHIEVEMENTS

The achievement interface has also been improved.
First, when reopened, the interface will now retain the same location it was in when closed for the last time during a game session. For example, if you were looking at a precise achievement or search results when closing the interface, they’ll automatically be displayed again when reopening the interface, until you change to a different character or log out.

The search function was also sped up and improved.
Now, in addition to searching with the achievement name, it is also possible to run searches on the objectives’ text or on names of rewards. By default, the interface will search all achievement texts, but the options on the right of the search bar allows you to apply search filters if needed, meaning it is now possible to find which achievement unlocks a specific title or ornament.

Description : http://staticns.ankama.com/comm/news/dofus/devblog/04_2013/achievement.jpg

An upcoming devblog article will give you more details about the improved search function.
Finally, in order to increase social commitment and friendly razzing, achievement points of friends and guild members are now displayed in their respective interfaces.

SPELLS

And for the big finale, the process of leveling up a spell has changed. Visually, the interface stays the same, with the “+” button only visible when the spell can be leveled up, but now, clicking on this button opens a contextual menu that allows you to select between all available spell levels, according to the amount of spell points and the character’s level.

Description : http://staticns.ankama.com/comm/news/dofus/devblog/04_2013/spell.jpg
We hope these modifications, as well as all the other interface improvements and corrections will make the game even more fun to play. We hope you’ll enjoy the update! Thanks for reading!http://www.dofus.com/en/devblog/posts/interface-improvements-2-11
Reactions 19
Score : 1583

For me this update just gets better and better. Particularly like the achievement menu memory as this will save a lot of time (also good to see something popular on the suggestions forum come up) and the ability to customize the interface buttons. None of these are game-changing updates but they are just generally good to see as they should make certain things a lot simpler.

--Ex--

0 0
Score : 159

Cool only the weapon nerf can go away.

0 0
Score : 25916

I still wish they'd allow placing the interface icons to the item/tool bar just like the emoticons. That way I can place all 20 interface icon on the 2nd or 3rd page of the toolbar and just use the mouse wheel to see all 20 interface shortcut (or the 7 icons that was left-out from the 13 slots limit).

Keep up the good work... The game is getting better and better.

0 0
Score : 285

Good job! I am looking forward to everything this update has to offer! biggrin

0 0
Score : 2130

Yah I'm liking the way things are going in the aspect of not messing up my gameplay. On the spells and weapons I'll keep shut haha. Good job though.

~KAN~

0 0
Score : 5

awesome x3 looking forward to it!

0 0
Score : 1220

awsome work guys...and i liked the lvling up spells the most...dam good idea wink

0 0
Score : 119

Spells definitely needed this the most, glad they got it. Though not completely true, the sentiment should get through of "A game is only as good as its interface."
The scroll bars had to die, pity there are still some left. Even at best, scroll bars are a begrudged tool for flexibility, not an ideal state to design for.

0 0
Score : 69

i very like new updates smile spell leveling nice job...

0 0
Score : 4395

Seems like the only updates to look forward to are the interface ones x) But as always interface updates are my favorite wub 

0 0
Score : 2

i like it but it will happened in 16/4 ?

0 0
Score : 150

I have long wanted many of these things, especially the spell leveling part and now it's finally here. Hooray! smile

0 0
Score : 4

Got to like the spell leveling update, saves alot of time.

0 0
Score : 70

Wow, very good, specially that new spell leveling tongue Although it would be nice if Dofus could get more interactive with the terrain, like Wakfu

0 0
Score : 1210

Except that from now on I can only use my weapon ONCE per turn when stuck to a DUNGEON-LAST-ROOM-MONSTER; all the other changes seem to be awesome!

0 0
Score : 7

Spell levelling still seems to require effort sad
We need some sort of lazy-man program... the ultimate user interface. Thought process, anyone?

0 0
Score : 3

why try to fix something that is not broke I do a lot of solo work on here and putting 1 turn with a wepon sucks long time put it back bro as I don't like team ply much your jut making me not want to play anymore but hay back to my ps3 were theirs more fun the a barrel of monkeys

0 0
Score : 1227

I cant trade more than 999999kamas at the time. Is this a glitch or is it meant to be? It dont bother me to much but im just curious.

0 0
Score : 11354
sinnaflamme|2013-04-18 14:38:24
I cant trade more than 999999kamas at the time. Is this a glitch or is it meant to be? It dont bother me to much but im just curious.

It's a glitch.

In fact, my Dofus client is updating as I type this, so close the game, re-open it, let it patch, and see whether that fixes it.
0 0