FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

A Brave New World

By July 08, 2011, 12:51:40

Well hello there brave adventurer!!*
Miss Themis here is wondering if the brave population of the UK forum would like to join / merge with our international friends?

I know its been asked before, but i feel that it may very well be in our best interests

We can have our own little forum area in there, where you are welcome to post guards at the door, and no non-shikan** may pass :p

So! "Picks up Broadsword"*** - and points in the vague direction of those listening

What Say You! Brave Adventurers of Shika!

Themis!

[html]Small Print :-
* Ok, you do not need to be brave, but it may help :p
** Reference is made to be light hearted joke, please ignore if your funny bone has been removed at birth
*** There are many other sharp weapons one can weld and look scary with, the Broadsword was picked at random
Please note, the use of the disclaimer in posts was originally taken from Izmar, all credit or blame is so totally hers! , Thank you[/html] 

0 0
Reactions 21
Score : 579

Is this to make transferring between UK and International servers easier?

0 0
Score : 3020

Its to bring the Shika community into the INT forum side, seeing it is more active there, i believe that it will benefit us more.
Also dare i say, if there is a lack of replies here, it may be a good indication?

But to directly answer the question raised , Its to make posting / getting info easier , and to enable Shika to be part of the greater community , Though as i said, we shall have our own little corner smile

Themis

0 0
Score : 5082

I have always been defending the sovereignty of this little forum here. But since the question has been raised last time, activity hasn't increased. Thus I believe migrating to the international forum may be a good idea after all.

0 0
Score : 915

Just to query, is this purely a 'let's merge the Shika forum with the International forums', or will this open the way for Shika to become a fully fledged 'international' server alongside Rushu, Rosal, Zatoishwan, and Solar?

0 0

It would be a merge , but also would then have the UK server in a place where we could become as you say a "fully" fledged INT server , And yet retain that special something that the UK server has happy

Themis

0 0
Themis|2011-07-15 12:58:40
It would be a merge , but also would then have the UK server in a place where we could become as you say a "fully" fledged INT server , And yet retain that special something that the UK server has happy

Themis
That's a sales pitch and I somewhat hope it won't come to that 'fully international' thing. But then again, who knows how long it'll be until I finally decide to sell my real estate and stop playing.
0 0

Possibly , though i do think it will be a good move for us.
Of late this place has been most quite , and i think being in a more active area / place would be good

Sales pitch? only if i get 80% please ^^

Themis <3

0 0

First you have to sell it. :p

0 0
Score : 2985

Last time this question was asked i was a good contributer (and im going to try to be again) to the UK forums and the int forums and i voted to keep the shika forums seperate and now i would vote the same thing but i believe that there should be more to advertise the forums to make more people come. there could be a reward system with instead of those little dofus eggs under your name you could get a special item ingame or something.

Rsnail

0 0
Score : 809

if a merge between the forums do happen. then i for 1 would quit. to many changes to dofus has been made.first dofus 1 to dofus 2. that would be ok if they kept a dofus 1 server up but no. dofus became un-unique after it up'd its graphics. and if the merge happen s then im not wasting my money anymore. i want dofus 1 back and if i dont get that at all and im sure alot more people besides me want dofus 1 back. then whats the point in playing if dofus never stays the same.......

0 0
Score : 579
Glusur|2011-08-08 23:21:55
if a merge between the forums do happen. then i for 1 would quit. to many changes to dofus has been made.first dofus 1 to dofus 2. that would be ok if they kept a dofus 1 server up but no. dofus became un-unique after it up'd its graphics. and if the merge happen s then im not wasting my money anymore. i want dofus 1 back and if i dont get that at all and im sure alot more people besides me want dofus 1 back. then whats the point in playing if dofus never stays the same.......

This is silly way of thinking. What's the point of playing an online game to want it to remain the same while it's makers has expressed that the current version will never be the final product? If you really wanted to play a game that doesn't change at all, if very little, might as well get something like Star Craft, Civilization or some version of Final Fantasy. Pay for it once. Play it to your hearts content. That way, you can't really complain about making monthly payments.
0 0
Score : 809
dewdle|2011-08-09 21:17:21
Glusur|2011-08-08 23:21:55

This is silly way of thinking. What's the point of playing an online game to want it to remain the same while it's makers has expressed that the current version will never be the final product? If you really wanted to play a game that doesn't change at all, if very little, might as well get something like Star Craft, Civilization or some version of Final Fantasy. Pay for it once. Play it to your hearts content. That way, you can't really complain about making monthly payments.

its not silly. its just the fact that dofus made its game more childish with the graphics. to childish for me.and i dont rly play dofus till this day as there isnt rly alot todo and its less fun since dofus 2 came out
0 0

Simply put Dofus 2.0 is here to stay , 1.x will NEVER come back.

Now, back on Topic, this thread was created to see about merging with the larger INT forums , and enjoying the more quicker pace of life.

Also i note, this thread was posted awhile back now, and only few have posted in here to give their opinions , maybe this in it self is an indication on how things are?

Themis

Please note, any more i want 1.x posts / threads will be removed as that subject has been well covered, thanks

0 0
Score : 255

I don't think the inactivity in this forum is caused by the few members who use it, not using it.

I've been playing this game for three and a bit years now, and I only discovered this forum a while back. I certainly knew about the forums that are linked on the Dofus official site, but this one? It's so tucked away it's hard to find. Even with Google, I have to enter a different search to find it (Dofus Forums UK).

I think if we advertised this forum more, and made it easier to find by adding a -clear- link on the Dofus or forum site, then we might actually see people from Shika using this forum more. Now, this is just speculation as I don't know how many Shika lovlies actually frequent this forum.

I like it here. We don't see as many redundant topics appearing every day, and we don't see as much bickering as the Int forums get. It would be a shame to lose that.

0 0
Score : 5261

True, i only found this forum due to a friend giving me a link

0 0
Score : 432

I think it should switch. Though since i'm not a regular user of this forum I'm not sure whether I'm in the position to decide. The reason I don't use this forum is because there are far too few people to have opinions on many of the threads, making it fairly boring for me. As for other uses as the market and whatnot, I find certain unofficial forums to be a lot more useful. I can't speak on behalf of the forum users here, but I imagine only a small proportion of them use this forum alone, and the rest check both the shika forum and the INT forum. As long as the move to the INT forum has no removal of sub-sections I am all for it.

Also to Glusar, it looks like you're confused on the matter at hand, we're not merging the servers, your Dofus gameplay will remain the same, it's just the forums that are merging.

0 0
Score : 486

In my opinion moving to the internation forums would serve no benefit to us after all we can already browse and comment in the internation forums why does the shika dedicated section need to move there?
The reality is there are only a few parts of this forum that would "improve" being merged and that would be tech support, general discussion, class discussion etc.

Honestly, i feel the best thing we can do with this forum is to make it useful. General discussion can be done with anybody on either forum but guild recruitment and trade would need to stay in the shika section (AND be seperate from each other) to allow the forum to be more organised.

To sum up what i've been trying to say here's how i use the forums and how i feel they're best used...

International
- Tech Support
- General Discussion/Advice
- Class Discussion
- Off-Topic Discussion

Shika Forum
- Trade
- Guild Recruitment
- Dungeon/Hunt Recruitment

I feel having the system like this would make the forum not only more organised but far more user friendly. That and the responses will come a lot faster! (and not from the same forum cruisers :p)

I'd like to point out merging them but having the subsection for each individual server would probably be the best method. Though i highly doubt it will increase the amount of shika users on the forums, because from what i can see as a server shikas died...doesn't seem to be as many players (probably is, just feels dead.)

0 0
Score : 237

The forums are small here, hardly any new topics, as long as the servers dont merge.

0 0
Score : 98

I guess it would be better to merge. :

0 0
Respond to this thread