FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The future of the Dofus (eggs)!

By [lichen] - ANKAMA - August 13, 2013, 19:00:00
Reactions 157
Score : 7

Screw this. only 30% of otomustam can play atm, like 20% have quit, 50% have take a long brake.
We all waiting for ankama team to fix this big issue!
This wont make any progress...

0 0
Score : 126

I think this is a great update! Me and my friend was actually debating this very subject yesterday!
I think Eternal Harvest is a hard and long quest, but for every step I clear I feel more proud. Just completing steps pays of, if feels so gratifying, even before getting the Dofus. Plus the Arch hunt is fun!.. I think this is a great turn of events as I felt the only way to get the good things in the game was by grinding, and honestly, that gets pretty boring pretty quickly. I'm more up for the Quests, Achievements, Challenge and all that, the storyline is making the game more interesting. I honestly think that there is too little focus on quests, too many players thinks its a waste of time. It helped with the new Achievement system as it both gave the players xp and "Achievemtnpoints" to clear a range of quests. But IMHO i think quests should still be more attractive to players than they are now, better rewards both in xp and especially in kamas. After all most can only be completed once and takes often both time, effort and strategic skill, be it by putting a team together, or by hunting creeps and doing difficult and time consuming tasks.
I think this is definitely a point in the right direction. There should be more emphasis on RPG rather than MMO if you ask me, because Dofus in itself is a great and fun universe!

1 0
Score : 2

i got hacked ._., oh well.

0 0
Score : 4

I just wish they would link a few servers so we could have more people...wouldnt make dofus as dead and, well, boring and crp. #linkserversplease

0 0
Score : 756

How about the Ivory or Ebony dofus? If these are part of the six 'true' dofus, will they ever be in game?

0 0
Score : 4073

I love quests (and questlines) so The Future (of Dofus Eggs) needs to be The Present! happy 

ThatCra|2013-08-14 11:21:10
I just wish they would link a few servers so we could have more people...wouldnt make dofus as dead and, well, boring and crp. #linkserversplease
Or advertise Dofus more in other countries? Linking the servers would cause more chaos, but more advertising would not. For example, linking the servers means that if someone has a house at, lets say, Frigost Village, and someone from another server owns that exact house. You link the servers, who would get the house and why? sleep 
0 0
Score : 2803

If Rick Astley was a Sith Lord, then Lichen would most certainly become his Apprentice. There is Evil at work in this Forum ph34r

The update is excellent in my opinion. Some of the Dofus have been undermined by the presence of trophies, the difficulty in obtaining them and the ease with which they can be removed from an account and exchanged for a pint of Astrub lager. Obviously these problems don't affect every Dofus in the game, but the certainty that comes with fixed stats and the ideology that "there can be only one" for each account is very fitting.

In the short term this might ruin the business prospects of some, but it's an update that will improve the overall system in the longer term. I am not a huge fan of Quests, but on this occasion I will immerse myself in the whole "Adventure for yer Dofus" idea. All I need is a compass, an Adventurebilt Hat and a serious look on my face.

TIME FOR ADVENTURE

0 0
Score : 5106

This is seriously exciting news!
Thanks for the update!

0 0
Score : 5643

Except for the Rick Roll, this was all quite exciting. Very happy to read this smile 

0 0
Score : 5

love it!

0 0
Score : 2597

just a question, if dofus will remove the random rolls of dofus, what will happen to the +crit hits of turqs?
will all the turqs have similar crit hits like making all turqs have +20crit hits? (like what dofus did on cawwot by making all cawwots have 60wis)
so if i have a turq dofus now that has +11 crit hits,will it become +20crit hits when this new dofus update is implemented?
if not +20, will all turq dofus have same crit hits?

0 0
Score : 5

super but what happend if you have already 2 of the same dofus

0 0
Score : 100

@kimens nobody cares about Oto Mustam barely even ankama, you should have realised this around 3 years ago XD

Update sounds awesome cant wait smile but im curious if to see the turq will be fixed to say +15? but what would happen to all dofus currently above this stat? you seem worried about all the low roll dofus, but what about people who have managed to obtain a high roll hmmmmm

0 0
Score : 2597
reaperssssssss|2013-08-14 14:46:44
@kimens nobody cares about Oto Mustam barely even ankama, you should have realised this around 3 years ago XD

Update sounds awesome cant wait smile but im curious if to see the turq will be fixed to say +15? but what would happen to all dofus currently above this stat? you seem worried about all the low roll dofus, but what about people who have managed to obtain a high roll hmmmmm
I for one am very worried about the fixed crit hits on all turqs cause im an owner of a +20ch turq, if all turq dofus will have a fixed crit hits that is lower than 20ch turq then i would really need to dispose my turq and get a lower turq
i just hope that dofus will announce how much crit hits the turqs will have
0 0
Score : 2

It's a dream come true! This game's well on it's way to the Pantheon smile

0 0
Score : 980

Would these rules apply to all future dofus changes, so my poor 11 crit turq dofus will improve?

0 0
Score : 75

This could be an amazing addition to the game, unless you do the same stupid shit you have done with the frigost stuff. The high lvl crap takes forever to do just because unless you are multi accounting, getting a group could take months.

0 0
Score : 670

Its wack yall locking the dofus egg but now we cant depend on luck gettin a dofus but a quest lacks a little more bassed on the story of dofus but its gd that we can get certant eggs in lvl its gd and bad this update is on the 50 50 thing we get somethin great BUT also bad but im happy we wont get ramdom dofus egg that sucks and u work ur ass off for nothin Nice and bad update I kinda like this update all i gotta say ~R

0 0
Score : 11360

This is a great idea... in general. The devil, as they say, is in the details.

Hold on, this is going to take a while.

I've been playing this game long enough to know exactly what Lichen considers a reasonable amount of work for a reward, and his idea and my ideas are way off. (My idea is that something should take a few days, maybe a week or two, and the result should be a significant improvement to the characters or a new ability that changes the character's playstyle. His idea is that it should take months, maybe years, and the payoff shouldn't really be worth it, because he doesn't want characters to become too powerful. After all, monsters need to "play", too, right?)

I mean, look at the Ice Dofus: you have to complete a whopping seventy-seven quests in order to get it. Frigost quests generally take me several weeks each (mainly due to a step where it suddenly requires a full team, and I can't just conjure up a full team on a whim). And the only rewards for all that work is +20 damage, which is insignificant at level 200.

In other games I play or have played, it takes a week or so to get a new Quest or Achievement-related power (say, one that gives +50% dodge and +30% resistance to all damage for 60 seconds, or one that passively and permanently raises your max HP by 10%), or a few days to a week to get a new piece of high-end gear (say, one that triples your spell damage). That's the sort of work-to-reward ratio I like.

That is not the sort of work-to-reward ratio that Lichen likes.

Lichen prefers "Spend months and months and months and months and months and months and months and months and months and months and months doing quests to get +20 damage." Or, sometimes, "Spend months and months and months and months and months and months and months and months and months and months and months doing quests to get an item that is literally useless."

So I fully expect the new quests, when they're eventually implemented, to be about as long, painful, time-consuming, and downright frustrating as the quests for the Ice and Ochre Dofus.

0 0
Score : 670

WOW how funny aka people for puttin that link about the six dofus egg -__-

0 0
Respond to this thread