FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

I hope others who can't or do not want to multi-account speak up

By danan August 19, 2013, 22:17:47

Hi all,

While this post will touch on multi-accounting. It will not be about multi-accounting, What it will be about is how. The players of this game who things are being made harder for do to the allowance of multi-accounting. Continue to just accept it and say nothing which I think is not a wise thing to do because of the problems doing so causes. Fact you all pay money to this company too, Your sub fees in total might be less than that of those who multi-account. But it is still money being paid and you all deserve to experience everything in game a multi does! It's no secret that I'm upset with the situation I am and no matter. What anyone says I should be and have a right to be as do those who can't and do not want to use multiple accounts. Just to be able to play and ENJOY Dofus it's too extreme an answer to a problem that should have never been in the first place!

Any player who can't afford either monetarily wise or time wise. To play multiple accounts is basically told tough and that's it. Or has to rely on some one with multiple accounts in order to be able to do things. Maybe not every time or every one but when you hear about people. Making kamas by taking people through dungeons then. You know something is wrong and needs to be fixed, Even with the team search function. Which flopped big time it's nearly impossible to find a group to do things with and guilds aren't anymore help. At least it's been my experience anyway so how does someone enjoy playing Dofus when they can only go so far. Before the reality of things set in and that's if you solo account you mean nothing! What's even more disturbing, upsetting, and just plain wrong is when a solo accounter pays their subscription fee.

The do so to experience everything Dofus has to offer. All the game content and other perks yet when they can't reach new areas to experience that content. They aren't getting what they pay for and I'm not including myself in this. Just pointing out the truth of the matter so why are they paying to play the game then? Sure they get to use mounts and pets and have a home and professions of any level but those are just parts of what. They are paying to experience and do not make up the entire content of the game! This will be long winded and I am sorry I just have much to say and am passionate about the issue. People who run multiple accounts get so much as if they alone are the only ones paying to play the game.

Well if people are just saying well that's too bad to solo accounters anyway. And those with multiple accounts are apparently. The only ones that matter to Ankama I could be wrong I admit but it does seem that they favor those with multiple accounts. Then why not just let solo accounters play for free and still get to do everything? Because what's being done is no different than taking their money and then limiting them to only. Being able to do some things which makes them paying free to play members! After all paying subscription fees is suppose to guarantee one the ability to experience ALL the game has to offer. Not say they can and then totally base that on if they can afford to run multiple accounts!

Maybe it wasn't meant to turn out like this. But it has and that isn't just insulting it's bad for business those people. Are customers and alienating loyal customers just because they wish not to do something. They see as boring, against the spirit of the game itself, or not practical money or time wise. Is never good for any business no matter how well their intentions may have started out being.
Now I realize that Ankama couldn't just reduce the difficulty of the content and that they shouldn't. But they could throw solo accounters a bone or even give them a server on which they can play the game the way they would most enjoy. Which would allow them to leave people free to run multiple accounts just only on the servers that already allow it! And allow solo accounters to be free of relying on those with multiple accounts! Making everyone happy

That said I hope this posts causes solo accounters to speak up for themselves it's overdue and much needed!

0 -1
Reactions 27
Score : 3997

This is your third thread about multi-accounting, basically all saying the same.

First you tell us how you think multi-accounting is bad and hurting the game, people tell you various opinions and possible reasons why they do it (and you keep refusing to accept money as a reason). Because that's not the answer your looking for you're trying to ask the devs directly to listen to you and make a single-account server. Now, as that got the exact same reaction as the first thread, you're trying the same thing as in the first post but now adding "guilt" to people, like me, who haven't told you their opinions yet (even though you don't seem to want to hear those opinions).

Could you keep it in 1 thread please? That way, if someone else actually has a problem with multi-accounting, they have 1 place to talk about it (obviously duplicates will happen and are encouraged after a certain timeframe - but not within a single week).

0 0
Score : 4070

I may not multi account, but honestly, you are making THE SAME THREADS. This is your third.

0 0
Score : -209

MA's will never allow SA to have an easier time, because that will remove their advantages and monopoly in this game. Now while I'm totally agreeable that MA's deserve the reward for their effort, something should also be catered for SA's. Frigost 3, in my opinion should really be hard, and they should really be monopolized by MA'ers. That's coming from an SA'ers. All I am concern is the lack of SA contents at epic levels. Right now, if a player reach epic levels 190-200, they will have limited contents forcing them to MA. That is one of the reason why I no longer play. I do not want to MA and I got bored of the only content (temple dopples) geared for my style of playing (solo playing). I'd rather not play than change my playstyle.

Ankama made a good approach to encourage SA grouping thru the new adaptable dungeon system, but I'm not sure if SA's have even tried making a 4 man team to do F3. My question is, is it doable for 4 man SA teams and what is the timeframe for F3 dungeons on a 4 man team? The problem I predict is that SA's are too afraid to try out a 4man team to do F3 dungeons or maybe they tried it once and got slaughtered so they no longer want to waste their time. Which is which?

Edit: to the OP, NvM... Just give up. The community is hopeless. Just accept it or move on.

0 0
Score : 3855
enduroppal|2013-08-19 22:56:16
This is your third thread about multi-accounting, basically all saying the same.

First you tell us how you think multi-accounting is bad and hurting the game, people tell you various opinions and possible reasons why they do it (and you keep refusing to accept money as a reason). Because that's not the answer your looking for you're trying to ask the devs directly to listen to you and make a single-account server. Now, as that got the exact same reaction as the first thread, you're trying the same thing as in the first post but now adding "guilt" to people, like me, who haven't told you their opinions yet (even though you don't seem to want to hear those opinions).

Could you keep it in 1 thread please? That way, if someone else actually has a problem with multi-accounting, they have 1 place to talk about it (obviously duplicates will happen and are encouraged after a certain timeframe - but not within a single week).
This thread isn't about multi accounters or multi accounting. Why you think it is I do not know but it was necessary to mention the phenomenon in this thread. As I've said it's about solo-accounters paying to be able to experience the same content. As those who run multiple accounts yet not getting to do that even though. The subscription fees they pay guarantee that they can do just that! Money isn't a factor because both groups are paying it! So just because some one running 5+ accounts pays more it doesn't mean a thing. In this situation because they aren't the only one paying those subscription fees are they?

So money is neither here nor there in this argument. That'd only be a valid reason if only multi-accounters paid to play the game. And they were Ankama's main source of profit they aren't and that's what multi-accounters do not either want. To understand or simply do not care about so please do not bring up money. As if it's even remotely valid in this discussion it isn't further more the individual reasons people have for running multiple accounts. Also do not matter fact is the answer to multi-accounting is to multi-account! How is it not a problem when the problem is the only answer? Anyway this thread isn't about multi-accounters the focus is and remains on solo accounter accepting that even though. They pay for the same privileges as some one running 5+ accounts. They aren't getting it because of not being able to do content in game due to increased difficulty not all the time but it happens enough!

Gunnerwolfang|2013-08-19 23:02:07
MA's will never allow SA to have an easier time, because that will remove their advantages and monopoly in this game. Now while I'm totally agreeable that MA's deserve the reward for their effort, something should also be catered for SA's. Frigost 3, in my opinion should really be hard, and they should really be monopolized by MA'ers. That's coming from an SA'ers. All I am concern is the lack of SA contents at epic levels. Right now, if a player reach epic levels 190-200, they will have limited contents forcing them to MA. That is one of the reason why I no longer play. I do not want to MA and I got bored of the only content (temple dopples) geared for my style of playing (solo playing). I'd rather not play than change my playstyle.

Ankama made a good approach to encourage SA grouping thru the new adaptable dungeon system, but I'm not sure if SA's have even tried making a 4 man team to do F3. My question is, is it doable for 4 man SA teams and what is the timeframe for F3 dungeons on a 4 man team? The problem I predict is that SA's are too afraid to try out a 4man team to do F3 dungeons or maybe they tried it once and got slaughtered so they no longer want to waste their time. Which is which?

Edit: to the OP, NvM... Just give up. The community is hopeless. Just accept it or move on.
Thanks, But no I'll stay right here moving on or accepting things. Should not be things I'm expected or asked to do
0 0
Score : -209

By now you should realize that is the intended mechanics by the company.

F2P run out of contents to do, they are forced to P2P.
P2P SA's runs out of things to do, they are forced to MA.

Now if enough SA's quit, Ankama might consider throwing SA's some bone to chew on so they will stay, but as long as more and more SA's are becoming MA, that will not happen.

0 0
Score : 5638

Finding a good guild is a big part of answering your complaints. If you find a good guild to call home, you won't encounter the problem that you can't go where you want in the game.

The second solution to this problem is to recognize that the developers understand that solo-accounters are at a disadvantage against multi-accounters.

Multiple steps have been implemented in a graduated system to address this concern such as: bonus experience system to compensate for leeching; adaptable dungeon difficulty system to reduce the need for large groups; and maximum prospecting cap on all items reduced to 400 to make it easier for smaller groups to drop the same loot as larger groups.

In the 2.14 update perceptors now gather loot from every successful fight inside the territory in which they're placed (which means that every bot as well as every team of multi-accounters effectively gathers loot for you, which reduces the need for multiple accounts to gather resources.)

I dislike the ability to log multiple accounts at once and I've spoken my mind on this matter before so I won't add anything else to the conversation except that I don't have difficulty going where I like, doing what I want, and earning an income as a solo-accounter.

0 0
Disgustus|2013-08-19 23:20:59
Finding a good guild is a big part of answering your complaints. If you find a good guild to call home, you won't encounter the problem that you can't go where you want in the game.

The second solution to this problem is to recognize that the developers understand that solo-accounters are at a disadvantage against multi-accounters.

Multiple steps have been implemented in a graduated system to address this concern such as: bonus experience system to compensate for leeching; adaptable dungeon difficulty system to reduce the need for large groups; and maximum prospecting cap on all items reduced to 400 to make it easier for smaller groups to drop the same loot as larger groups.

In the 2.14 update perceptors now gather loot from every successful fight inside the territory in which they're placed (which means that every bot as well as every team of multi-accounters effectively gathers loot for you, which reduces the need for multiple accounts to gather resources.)

I dislike the ability to log multiple accounts at once and I've spoken my mind on this matter before so I won't add anything else to the conversation except that I don't have difficulty going where I like, doing what I want, and earning an income as a solo-accounter.
Ya I never expected that you would honestly, And you are right about the guild thing that would improve things a whole lot. Unfortunately at least in my case it hasn't worked that way not that I haven't tried I have. But since I always seem to simply become part of the scenery I choose to leave rather. Than simply wait around to be noticed as a member of that guild. And do not believe I should have to do so. So for me I'm literally at a stand still in game and feel I'd be better off playing on a server. Where multiple accounts aren't allowed! I also believe if two people are paying the same amount in subscription fees. Neither deserves to receive more benefits than the other!

Gunnerwolfang|2013-08-19 23:15:50
By now you should realize that is the intended mechanics by the company.

F2P run out of contents to do, they are forced to P2P.
P2P SA's runs out of things to do, they are forced to MA.

Now if enough SA's quit, Ankama might consider throwing SA's some bone to chew on so they will stay, but as long as more and more SA's are becoming MA, that will not happen.
I realized that long ago and it's a sad truth
0 0
Score : 11336

$64.99 per year & $519.92 per year are not the same amount in subscription fees.

0 0
Alyss-Sin|2013-08-20 02:09:27
$64.99 per year & $519.92 per year are not the same amount in subscription fees.
Not the same total no they're not. But I already said they don't pay as much as some one with multiple accounts. However those people aren't paying that per subscription are they Alyss-Sin? Just per year I spend more than that on just ogrines. And for subbing four accounts for a year each I'd pay more than that as well. My point is I'd still be paying the $64.99 Ankama charges for a years subscription per account. As does everyone else you are just arguing over a small detail. And while you are right about the total amount they pay per year. They do not pay anymore per subscription than a solo-accounter that's fact!
0 0
Score : 5638
danan|2013-08-20 02:37:50
Not the same total no they're not. But I already said they don't pay as much as some one with multiple accounts. However those people aren't paying that per subscription are they Alyss-Sin? Just per year I spend more than that on just ogrines. And for subbing four accounts for a year each I'd pay more than that as well. My point is I'd still be paying the $64.99 Ankama charges for a years subscription per account. As does everyone else you are just arguing over a small detail. And while you are right about the total amount they pay per year. They do not pay anymore per subscription than a solo-accounter that's fact!

Shame on me for even contributing to this conversation again, but... If you're spending more than $500 a year on Ogrines you've got your priorities way out of line. I'm sure Ankama is thankful for your business, but if you're working your professions you'll earn enough money to pay for everything you need on your own.
0 0
Disgustus|2013-08-20 02:50:02

Shame on me for even contributing to this conversation again, but... If you're spending more than $500 a year on Ogrines you've got your priorities way out of line. I'm sure Ankama is thankful for your business, but if you're working your professions you'll earn enough money to pay for everything you need on your own.
Actually I'm glad you said something as you your advice. Turns out to be helpful so any posts from you are welcomed. That was my idea honestly I realize I'm spending too much on ogrines and as I did then want to stop. Of course the income from my professions was non existent to sporadic and made it and I shudder to say necessary. Off topic I'm glad you made a guide for fisherman and am anxious to try it since. I know it'll help much since it got a boost I believe I'll be able to stick out leveling it. Back on topic if my professions were doing as good as what you mention. I'd sub with kama bought ogrines as well anyway thanks for your posts.

I understand you might not have wanted to but they are appreciated
0 0
Score : 7834

What distinct advantage do you all believe that Multi-Accounters have over Single-Accounters?

All they do is take a character and replace the person playing it with themself.

As said earlier, I feel that finding a good guild with friendly people is the equivalent of playing multiple characters.

Example: I play a team of 5, but recently my Feca was able to complete all of Frigost 2 Dungeons. The rest of my team is still at Tengu. This is because me and some guildmates took charge and cleared the content together. None of us played on multiple accounts to do so.

Please address your concerns and rebuttals in a clear manor so I can understand where your feelings are directed about this issue.

*Travis

0 0
-Travis--|2013-08-20 03:56:45
What distinct advantage do you all believe that Multi-Accounters have over Single-Accounters?

All they do is take a character and replace the person playing it with themself.

As said earlier, I feel that finding a good guild with friendly people is the equivalent of playing multiple characters.

Example: I play a team of 5, but recently my Feca was able to complete all of Frigost 2 Dungeons. The rest of my team is still at Tengu. This is because me and some guildmates took charge and cleared the content together. None of us played on multiple accounts to do so.

Please address your concerns and rebuttals in a clear manor so I can understand where your feelings are directed about this issue.

*Travis
Well first off they do not need to rely on anyone else to get things done. For example they do not get stuck at specific dungeons because of a lack of a group. To do the dungeon with as is my case I'm stuck at the hesperus dungeon!

They are also more efficient because they do not have the worry. Of some one screwing up since it's only them. So unless they mess up they fly through content since we both know once they find a winning strategy. For doing a dungeon it's going to be easy from then on unless they mess up!

They also make more kamas in game due to obtaining five or more times the resources. A solo-accounter can. And because they can earn 5 times or more the spell point scrolls, pebbles, and stat scrolls to sell than a non multi!

Nothing is actually challenging to multis once they learn how to do something. Efficiently they stick to that method. And since no one can screw it up for them but themselves. The only people who are actually challenged are non multis. I mean it's a good idea no doubt but it also means that the difficulty of new content. Will be based on their abilities and unless a non multi is able to complete that content. Which is possible not as easily as a multi yet possible. The answer for us to be able to do it is to totally change how we like to or want to play. And become multis and that's too extreme some can't afford to do that. Like myself currently I pay more for ogrines alone than some do for running multiple accounts. If I had to multi-account as well the total I'd be paying per year to do so. Is $1,008 and that's just subbing eight accounts at a month each!

$288 for the subs and $720 for the ogrines as you can see not a very appealing idea! Which is my main problem I shouldn't even be considered to spend such an amount per year just to enjoy myself playing this game!
0 0
Score : 15678

Well I'm one of the ones who spends $500 a year on Dofus. The reason why I do is because I have a full time job, so my Dofus play time is limited, but I've got plenty of money. I can either spend my limited Dofus time grinding to make kamas for subsription, or I can just pay what is to me a rather trivial amount (to put it in perspective I pay way more than $500 a year for the high speed internet connection I use for my remote work and for playing Dofus) and then I can spend my time having fun and use the kamas I make from running dungeons, crafting stuff, etc to buy equipment I want.

I see Dofus as a relatively minor entertainment expense which keeps me more engaged and satisfied than paying $700 a year to the local cable company for TV access ever would. Compared with the other potential forms of entertainment I could be spending my hard earned money on I feel like I'm actually saving money by playing Dofus instead. tongue 
0 0
Score : 1509

Danan... I just have one question: Why are there random periods within your sentences? :blink: 

2 0
Score : 1179

Good grief you lot are spending a lot of money on this game:-(

I play two accounts cos it's fun to have two different players. I play with a group of friends so we tend to do stuff together anyway. Usually there are two or three of us each with 2 accounts. So it is not too much of a problem to get a big group to do a dungeon and if not then there are plenty of things to do for one or two characters. I make enough kamas to equip 2 characters, mainly buy buying and selling although I can mage stuff too. I don't make enough kamas to equip more than 2 characters and pay subscriptions, so 2 characters are my limit.

Personally I don't like the 5/6 multi-accounters farming dungeons and stuff, but at least they make resources available to others so that people can make things and I can buy and re-sell them!

It is possible to make 2 accounts work without paying more to Ankama.

0 0
kludd|2013-08-20 07:29:27
Danan... I just have one question: Why are there random periods within your sentences? :blink:
I do not use the preview feature and tend to miss errors. Next time just use the Ankabox if all you intend to do is ask me a question. Instead of posting in the thread when you have no interest in discussing the issue I'd appreciate it
0 0
Score : 194

Wait a minute to be a SOLO ACCOUNT player, you can only have ONE/UNO/UNE account. NOT FOUR. Just thought I would point that out, honestly you clam to play dofus and clam to be a SA, yet you are a MA instead. *Shakes My Head*

danan|2013-08-20 05:42:52
-Travis--|2013-08-20 03:56:45

*Travis
Well first off they do not need to rely on anyone else to get things done. For example they do not get stuck at specific dungeons because of a lack of a group. To do the dungeon with as is my case I'm stuck at the hesperus dungeon!

They are also more efficient because they do not have the worry. Of some one screwing up since it's only them. So unless they mess up they fly through content since we both know once they find a winning strategy. For doing a dungeon it's going to be easy from then on unless they mess up!

They also make more kamas in game due to obtaining five or more times the resources. A solo-accounter can. And because they can earn 5 times or more the spell point scrolls, pebbles, and stat scrolls to sell than a non multi!

Nothing is actually challenging to multis once they learn how to do something. Efficiently they stick to that method. And since no one can screw it up for them but themselves. The only people who are actually challenged are non multis. I mean it's a good idea no doubt but it also means that the difficulty of new content. Will be based on their abilities and unless a non multi is able to complete that content. Which is possible not as easily as a multi yet possible. The answer for us to be able to do it is to totally change how we like to or want to play. And become multis and that's too extreme some can't afford to do that. Like myself currently I pay more for ogrines alone than some do for running multiple accounts. If I had to multi-account as well the total I'd be paying per year to do so. Is $1,008 and that's just subbing eight accounts at a month each!

$288 for the subs and $720 for the ogrines as you can see not a very appealing idea! Which is my main problem I shouldn't even be considered to spend such an amount per year just to enjoy myself playing this game!

Now for this....

So if I understand this correctly, you are a solo account player. Right? (Wrong, once again to be a SA player you can only own and play ONE account) So if you pay for a years sub for that one account your looking at $64.99(depending on your currency) credit card/money order/ect. Or 36,000 ogrines which buy the ogrines out of pocket would cost you $60.00 (again depending on your currency) for one account. In all respects I would say buying the ogrines out of pocket would be easier on the pocket book, and I commend you on that. But being as it may, and you are paying for four accounts, then at $64.99 per year times the four accounts would get you at $259.69 a year or threw orgines at $60.00 per year time four accounts would end up at $240 a year. None of these numbers are rounded being that there are no sells tax from Ankama to consumer. Now to go the full 8 characters and become an Super Self Sufficient player, at a year for eight accounts straight from the purchase page you are looking at $519.38 and threw ogrines you are looking at $480. Now if you go and pay by the month for the year, on either four accounts or eight accounts, your looking at $331.20 for four and $662.40 for eight again straight purchasing, but if you go threw ogrines for four accounts you need 12,000 a month and 144,000 a year. Which if you buy three of the biggest one, 50,000 ogrines at $80.00, you will have 150,000 ogrines and would have spent $240 and would have enough for the year for all four with 6,000 left over. For eight accounts, just double the numbers from the four account set up. The only Con. to the whole thing is figuring out how to spread the ogrines out when it comes time to sub, which SHOULDN't be hard to do.

Though I would love to know, why pay to sub, then turn around and pay for ogrines? Are you not working professions? Because honestly you are hurting yourself with you system, rather than helping.
0 0
Score : 3055
Gunnerwolfang|2013-08-19 23:02:07

People have formed groups of their friends and done Frig 3 dungeons. I don't know if any have done Count, but I'm sure there have been teams to do the other dungeons.
0 0