FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

New Rewards for AvA in 2.16

By #[Izmar] - ADMIN - October 03, 2013, 16:00:00

Since the introduction of guild alliances, the community has, on multiple occasions, raised the issue of insufficient rewards offered by the conquest of territories. We have worked on this aspect of AvA for the 2.16 update. 

Summary of the new system:

Prisms will generate a new resource (nuggets) that will be used to purchase various rewards (emotes, petsmounts, etc) inside the Alliance temple. Nuggets and AvA rewards will be exchangeable, so those who do not want to participate in AvA can still enjoy rewards associated with it.

Petsmount plumage parade!

The higher the level of an area, the more rewards it will generate. The rewards will be generated according to the following formula: 1 nugget per hour per zone level (so, for example, a level 150 area will generate 150 nuggets per hour).

Retrieving rewards:

We have therefore chosen to add a reward recovery mode, which requires the alliance with prisms to endanger and expose their territory to enemy attacks. To retrieve the nuggets generated by a prism, the defenders will have to win the prism’s final battle (KotH).

A full prism that's just itching to be sabotaged...

The defenders will be able to make their own prism vulnerable: characters with prism placing rights will be able to click on a prism and select the “Activate sabotage state” when they are on the same map as the said prism. The sabotaged state is identical to the weakened state, but we gave it a different name (and a different colour on the map) to allow players to easily distinguish prisms that were defeated from prisms who were weakened intentionally by their own alliance.

Ah, a brand new prism!
We'll leave it alone for now... for now.

Once KotH is over, the prism's accumulated nuggets are divided and distributed as additional drops on monsters in the area. If the defenders win, 100% of the nuggets are distributed. If the attackers win, 50% of the nuggets are distributed, and the other 50% are destroyed. We want to favour the defenders who are able to protect their areas, offering them the possibility of more rewards.

Nuggets galore on Krismahlo Island!

The nuggets added as extra drops are made visible through a specific icon permanently displayed above mobs (like for Archmonsters). Only the owners of the area (be they victorious defenders or attackers) can see these icons and are able to retrieve these nuggets as drops.

Nothing beats the joy of plucking nuggets
from the smoking carcase of some innocent monster.

If a member of another alliance (one that does not own the area) or a character without an alliance fights a group of monsters that has nuggets, they will automatically be redistributed to another group of monsters in this area.

Summary:

• A prism is defeated (it passes through the weakened state), or it is sabotaged by its own alliance that wants to retrieve nuggets.
  • The prism goes into vulnerable state after at least 24 hours.
  • KotH takes place to see who will win the area.
  • KotH is over. 100% of the nuggets are distributed as additional drops from mobs in the area if the defenders won, 50% of the nuggets are distributed if the defenders lose.
  • Members of the alliance that owns the area after KotH can now face the mobs in the said area and gather the nuggets.
  • They can then redeem or sell their nuggets to other players or exchange them for rewards that are specific to AvA, available inside the Alliance temple.

Conclusion:

With this new system, we are pushing alliances that have territories to make their prisms vulnerable, if they want to get the rewards they generate.

We also provide the opportunity to approach the AVA system in a different manner, in a much more opportunistic way, since by simply winning a KotH, it becomes possible to gather nuggets even if the alliance fails to keep the area afterwards.

We also weaken alliances that control many areas, as they will have to manage a significant number of KotH if they want to enjoy the rewards offered by the AVA system.

We are relying on these awards to provide additional interest for the areas of the game in which the bonus experience and current drops are not sufficient to justify the investment of their conquest and defense.

By indexing the generation of nuggets on the level of areas, we intend to scale the interest of each area in order to offer areas tailored to the ambitions of each alliance.

AvA taxes:

This reward system won’t be the last iteration of the Alliance system. in the coming months, we still plan to improve the management of rights, offer new options for the management of alliances, add new modules prism to personalize areas, etc.

We are also working on a possible exponential tax system (based on the number of areas and controlled villages) that would encourage alliances to settle for areas they can monetize and exploit, without imposing a fixed limit on the number of villages and areas they can control. Such taxes would ideally be negligible for alliances that control some areas (less than 5, for example) but could become quite significant for other alliances who want to control more areas.

Questions & Answers:

What is the maximum number of nuggets that a prism can accumulate?
There will be no actual limit to the number of nuggets that a prism can accumulate. Knowing that most players will wait before putting their own prisms in sabotaged state, the higher the number of nuggets these prisms accumulate, the more interest other alliance will have in attacking and making enemy prisms vulnerable.

What happens if there are still outstanding nuggets on mobs when the area changes hands (another alliance conquers the area)?
The remaining nuggets are transferred as additional drops for the alliance that becomes the new owner of the area. There is no “nugget destruction” at this stage, just a transfer.

Some areas have no monsters, will they benefit from this system?
No, these areas do not benefit from the nugget system. We will rely on future specific modules to provide additional interest to the few areas that do not contain monsters.

Why don’t you establish direct rewards based on participation in AvA?
Participation in AVA can not be measured effectively, since it is relatively easy to generate fake fights. We prefer a system that potentially rewards all members of the alliance that controls a particular area, right after a KotH stage. It is then up to the alliances to organize themselves to manage the distribution of these nuggets among its members or guilds.

Will the nuggets be used for anything other than to buy petsmounts and emotes?
We intend to gradually add other (unlinked) rewards that can be purchased via nuggets, but for the time being, we’d prefer to study how these new awards will flow through the economy between players.

Will perceptors be able to gather nuggets?
Nuggets cannot be gathered by perceptors, as only the owners of an area will be able to collect the nuggets that are available as additional drops.

http://www.dofus.com/en/devblog/posts/new-rewards-ava-2-16
First Ankama intervention
UltraGabi|2013-10-07 00:12:55
Nice, but i'm looking foward to the xelor/feca rework that you mentioned about 1 year ago, still working on this?

You might find this thread informative. =)
See message in context
Reactions 94
Score : 2270

More reward for the winners? Are they not satesfied with the 25% extra they gain of the area? Te lack of reward is not the cause of people not bothering to attack prisms.

But I can see anoter dilemma. This will cause competition among the winners. With furious racing and little leftovers migt possibly cause drama and cause alliances to split.

0 0
Score : 4062
natliraren|2013-10-03 16:29:22
More reward for the winners? Are they not satesfied with the 25% extra they gain of the area?
And a whole host of villages, containing rare mobs that can't be seen and its drops that cannot be gained (aside from markets) otherwise? And with the taxes, all the alliances will do is get rid of any non-village prisms and live their life out that way. Tons of loopholes, I hope this isn't the finished plan for these features, and that they will be updated in the incredibly near future. sleep But, I guess we shall just have to wait and see.
0 0
Score : 5161

Updates like this doesn't really hype me up. I'm happy our server got one mayor "global" alliance were everyone work together, but most servers got the one and only "elite" alliance which dominates everyone else and they get happily rewarded for doing so too, which makes them even more stronger.

This is pure elistism.

1 0
Score : 3939

I want that green petsmount (I'm assuming those are either like piwins or like the frigost pets with elemental dmg)!

I'm glad that not only the Prism fighters get the nuggets but that everyone can get them through PvM (after the PvP people paved the way).

0 0
Score : 4062
enduroppal|2013-10-03 16:43:16
I want that green petsmount (I'm assuming those are either like piwins or like the frigost pets with elemental dmg)!

I'm glad that not only the Prism fighters get the nuggets but that everyone can get them through PvM (after the PvP people paved the way).
Wow, I hadn't noticed that before, sounds great (but, as you say, PvP still plays a part in the PvM nugget ''experience'', so im not 100% happy)!
0 0
Score : 135

Not even gonna bother reading this before posting, great more pvp stuff. I doubt it has anything to help pro pvmers gain access to all those areas that alliance controls. Just adding stuff to help that one and only one alliance that controlls everything and is almost undefeatable. Have you, ankama even looked at the alliance ranks? almost every server has 1 alliance that controlls 95% of everything or more, how is that even fair? all the pro pvpers group together and screw out the pvmers... And yall even made it where not just one alliance, but one guild can perc a full dung, why does a pro pvper group need to be able to place 4 percs in kwak dung? I thought it was sad that 1 alliance was able to have a different guild perc in every dung room, but yall just flipped the tables and made it even worse.

I skimmed over the topic alittle. Nuggests. great its gonna be the new kolo token, gonna force it on us, by changing equ recipes to add pebbles, and taking skill point scrolls away from pvmers and giving it only to pvpers, why couldnt we both enjoy collecting mats for skill point scrolls? I wouldnt mind being able to trade 5 diamonds OR 1000 kolo tokens for a skillpoint scroll, that would be fair to pvp altho dofus has only became fair to pro pvpers and turned against pro pvmers.
10mk bet that the nuggets will find their way into ether exsisting equ recipes or something else pvmers use.

0 0
Score : 25943

Cool rewards. Keep up the good work.

0 0
Score : 3007
eefetou|2013-10-03 16:03:56
BOO! This is only some content for the endgame PvP, what about the lower and middle levels? I guess that they've gone and forgotten... But what about some class modifications? *cough* Xelor *cough*
I am really against when people say xelor's need modifcations an xelor can dominate the Kolo's by him self ok so he doesn't have the highest dmg or he doesn't show him self much as a dmg type of class but an xelor with enough ap steal can easily demolish anything in its path pvp wise completly ruins teams
but pvm wise i know it can be a pain sometimes.
0 0
Score : 3459

Interesting reward system. I hope that those things we can get with nuggets are actually worth it to get so other alliances attack prisms. No matter who wins there will be nuggets spread out. Which is good as both sides tried their best to have those nuggets.

I am a bit worried about people who multi-account and will get their team to get those nuggets really fast. It would be easy for the people who are higher to get those and so are the lower players still a bit left behind at this whole system.

It is connected to PVM, so those who are focused on PVP might have more trouble with the pvm and so getting those nuggets.

Overall I am interested in how this will effect the servers.

Here just an image of the new mount. To stare at it for a while! (Taken from facebook)
(I have also noticed that one mount has a royal crown on his head!)

0 0
Score : 1220

all sounds fun,but that's yet to see!!! i understand pvm players as i am one myself..much more fun, as for pvp im guessing more bullying and rude comments to comesad but keep up the good work i'm sure things will work out.

0 0
Score : 7681
eefetou|2013-10-03 16:03:56
BOO! This is only some content for the endgame PvP, what about the lower and middle levels? I guess that they've gone and forgotten... But what about some class modifications? *cough* Xelor *cough*

This is not a general-purpose "Everything about 2.16" topic, but an ultra-specific "changes to AvA in 2.16" topic.
Why did you expect a topic that is meant to be nothing but an in-depth explanation of changes to AvA in the next update to also include details about things that have nothing to do with AvA or even with 2.16?
0 0
Score : 648

Sounds like an interesting addition to the system.

I don't know if it will deal with the common issue of omni-alliances holding almost every zone since the issue isn't really if the prism goes into vulnerable state. It is easy enough to plan a fight that will defeat a prism, KoTH is what most lesser alliances would have the most difficulty with.

Though I look forward to more KoTH battles, especially ones that yield a reward. It has been far too long since I have even been able to take part in one.

One thing this might do is encourage alliances to trim down in size to have a better nugget supply, whereas before the more the merrier because it ensured dominance, having a smaller but elite alliance will mean more nuggets for those involved but also more risk of control.

We'll have to see how this plays out.
I am very interested in the taxing system. It sounds like that might be what finally tips the power scales.

0 0
Score : 493
I am really against when people say xelor's need modifcations an xelor can dominate the Kolo's by him self ok so he doesn't have the highest dmg or he doesn't show him self much as a dmg type of class but an xelor with enough ap steal can easily demolish anything in its path pvp wise completly ruins teamsbut pvm wise i know it can be a pain sometimes.
This may seem stupid, but I have to say: HAHAHAHAHAHA!! You really wrote that? I'm not sure if you are being serious. You see, the whole concept of AP reduction should be revised, because at the moment it's rather funny. AP reduction is not that good as many people may think, because it is not worth the AP you actually have to spend. And what do you expect from a class that utilises it and has many spells built around it? Slow Down is good, other spells are not. I don't even have to talk about PvM, but AP reduction is not so good in PvP either! And to those that say a Xelor can reduce his opponent's AP to 1 or even 0, just look at this. Have you ever heard about the AP resistance trophies? There is one rather new, called 'Major Untouchable'. The name says it all. It will give you 32 AP resistance, which equals 320 wisdom!! A Xelor has to spend 960 char. points just to cover that 1 trophy!!! A vit trophy is called 'Major Survivor' which gives you only 80 vit which equals only 80 char. points!!! And if that is not enough, you can also use 'Major Evader' for extra 16 AP resistance! There is even a Candy that will give you some more wisdom( 100, to be precise ). Having that setup can 'demolish' any Xelor and make his spells useless!! And please don't tell me that trophies are expensive and that only rich people have them, because it simply isn't true, the fact that almost nobody is smart enough to actually use the AP res trophies means nothing. ( oh well, nobody is playing Xelors now anyways, so there might no need for the trophies lol! ) I am really against when some people say Xelors are OP and things. Xelors will probably be overhauled, into some kind of a teleporting/map controlling class that will be great, but I still think your argument is simply said, invalid. Sorry for the long text, but Xelor trash-talk will never be tolerated (no I'm not a Xelor fan, if I were, I would teleport myself to the nearest dude in need and charge the spinning). Thanks for the time.

Now back the the AvA topic, the update seems interesting, we will see how will it work out. Now you just have to charge taxes for bad Alliance Names and Logos! ( that would be cool). Enjoy the music: Click here , wait..wrong link biggrin Click here 
0 0
Score : 648

Also those of you complaining about not addressing PvM or lower level content. AvA is designed to involve lower levels, especially this nugget addition as you'll be able to PvM for those low level nuggets. Also you guys just got two fresh dungeons with more content on it's way.
PvP is my world so I like that they're working at it, trying to get it right.

Of course, the way they could get it right would be to simply bring back head-hunting quests. That'd be quite swell! Considering I still run around with my wings hoping for a fight here and there, it would be nice to have a system that makes it feasible again.

0 0
Score : 146

Great.! Not really.

0 0
Score : 44

This is lame . AVA sucks KOTH sucks and SOLAR still sucks too. I've gone to ONE koth fight and got ganged by five lv 200s . Yeah that's going to make me want to try again.

0 0
Score : 7

Great now all the teleporters will be attack targets

0 0
Score : 1427

Quote: "Since the introduction of guild alliances, the community has, on multiple occasions, raised the issue of insufficient rewards offered by the conquest of territories. We have worked on this aspect of AvA for the 2.16 update."

I doubt very much that the community sees this as the main problem. The reward offered by conquest of territories amounts to complete control over the Ochre Dofus and at least 4 methods of transport. There are constant complaints about this unfairness even from end-level players in the "wrong" alliances. We would give a lot to have even a few hours per week of control of territories!

The main problem is that prism attacks don't give a significant reward: the time and risk involved in a prism attack is large, and the only reward is the opportunity to set your alarm for 3 am to get slaughtered in KotH.

Until this issue is addressed, I cannot see any change, apart from lots of people quitting.

0 0
Score : 3053

I need MOOOORE EMOTES!

2 0
Respond to this thread