FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Changes to Ogrine Subscriptions

By #[Izmar] - ADMIN - November 05, 2013, 15:00:00
Reactions 467
Score : -185
thefiestiamoche|2014-02-09 04:54:07
Is everyone here bad at math or something?

Grinding 8 HOURS FOR SUBSCRIPTION IS NOT SAVING YOUR MONEY.
YOU HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO MAKE AT LEAST $80-90 IN 8 HOURS.

YOU GRIND 8 HOURS FOR SOMETHING THATS WORTH $10.

80-10 = 70

You JUST LOST $70 when you GRINDED 8 HOURS for that sub...

If you grind for kamas for gear, thats different cuz it is toward your enjoyment of your game,
not laboring for that weekly deadline

IN MY OPINION:

DOFUS IS A GAME FOR ENJOYMENT AND RELIEVING STRESS

Not another thing you have to work for every week to clear the deadline.

I play Dofus for fun. Idk about you guys.
I work for 8 hours, and play for 2-3 hours.

I keep that $80-90 dollars saved up by not spending them in this game. You spend your money in this game, I save my money by using the 2-3 hours which I regularly spend in this game to pay for subscription. We both have our fun but the difference is, I have fun and keep my money with me at the same time.

Now you do your math, which of us is getting more.
You: $80-90 - $10 to have fun in Dofus
Me: $80-90 and having fun in Dofus

Disclaimer: To those who cannot keep up with the discussion, that $80-90 is just a random given... It is not my earning per hour of work, I did not give it as an example.
0 0
Score : -11

after I took some time off from the game due to some personal reasons, I decided to look through all recent changes and I was surprised to see so many negative responses to such mundane news.

1. We all here are citizens of different countries, but I'd like to share my experience - in my region of residence prices always go up, and never go down.
Even when the reason for such increase has expired.
That's why such increase in prices in specifically created game currency doesn't enrage me.

2. When I discovered Dofus, I was actually looking for a subscription game. Only later I found out about the Ogrines option, and it made me a bit apprehensive. But by that time I had spent significant time in-game, and got accustomed to the world and economy.
But originally, I was looking for a game without, or at least with minimal influence of real money on in-game options.
Playing a f2p game has never been a pleasure for me. You are told that the items in the cash shop are insignificant, superficial and optional.
Then there is a devaluation on in game currency in comparison to real-money currency, then there are cash shop resources, "freedom" packs, exp potions, all the works.
I'd like to play a full p2p game, but the ogrines have turned this game into a hybrid payment project for us to enjoy. Why not truly enjoy it?

3. When I was in search of a p2p game I was surprised how low the prices for Dofus subscriptions were. (it was even before I found out anything about Ogrines). But I guess people would still moan if 1 month cost $0.99.

0 0
Score : 1420
Gunnerwolfang|2014-02-09 05:13:45
thefiestiamoche|2014-02-09 04:54:07
Is everyone here bad at math or something?

Grinding 8 HOURS FOR SUBSCRIPTION IS NOT SAVING YOUR MONEY.
YOU HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO MAKE AT LEAST $80-90 IN 8 HOURS.

YOU GRIND 8 HOURS FOR SOMETHING THATS WORTH $10.

80-10 = 70

You JUST LOST $70 when you GRINDED 8 HOURS for that sub...

If you grind for kamas for gear, thats different cuz it is toward your enjoyment of your game,
not laboring for that weekly deadline

IN MY OPINION:

DOFUS IS A GAME FOR ENJOYMENT AND RELIEVING STRESS

Not another thing you have to work for every week to clear the deadline.

I play Dofus for fun. Idk about you guys.
I work for 8 hours, and play for 2-3 hours.

I keep that $80-90 dollars saved up by not spending them in this game. You spend your money in this game, I save my money by using the 2-3 hours which I regularly spend in this game to pay for subscription. We both have our fun but the difference is, I have fun and keep my money with me at the same time.

Now you do your math, which of us is getting more.
You: $80-90 - $10 to have fun in Dofus
Me: $80-90 and having fun in Dofus

Disclaimer: To those who cannot keep up with the discussion, that $80-90 is just a random given... It is not my earning per hour of work, I did not give it as an example.

I see what you are saying:
If you find grinding or koloing or whatever you do to make those kamas as fun, then it doesn't count as
hours wasted. (I would consider that rare, most ppl boringly grind and would do other stuff if given the viable alternative)

HOWEVER,
if you are like farming for 8 hours to get that 700kk, (and you find that boring and wanna do something else while on Dofus), then you are saving money
0 0
Score : -185
thefiestiamoche|2014-02-10 02:07:49
I see what you are saying:
If you find grinding or koloing or whatever you do to make those kamas as fun, then it doesn't count as
hours wasted. (I would consider that rare, most ppl boringly grind and would do other stuff if given the viable alternative)

HOWEVER,
if you are like farming for 8 hours to get that 700kk, (and you find that boring and wanna do something else while on Dofus), then you are saving money
I do 2-3 hours of daily quest over several 5-15 minutes sessions over the whole day (dopples, sufokia, vigilantes and frigost quest).

Those are the things that my rigid time schedule can afford since I get interruptions every 15 minutes or so, therefore I have no time to do more tedious/dedicated grinding like dungeons or professions.

When I do have time I try to do some dungeon runs with 2-3 friends like last Sunday when we did Pandikaze, Royal Masto and Dramak one after another in just one session. But those grind times were not usually my idea of a good time. I still prefer playing at my own pace.
0 0
Score : 1420

Nice. I'm not at that lv (150-200) yet so all I do is Dopples and farm stuff for kamas so I really don't wanna
use my kamas i've been saving up for Sub every week. Rather save up for scrolling or sets.

0 0
Score : 8

If you wanted to rise the god damned ogrine price of subscribing so it wouldn't be more "advantageous" why the hell are you being so harsh on people that aren't playing in their "community's" servers? I'm portuguese and I can't even pay by phone because I play on Rosal, I hate the "portuguese community" servers. Seriously, why are you getting harsher and harsher on players like me over the years? It used to be I could make an acount on Rosal, Rushu, etc without a problem but now I can't even log in into rosal on an acount that has characters in that server. Why get harsher? Promoting internationalism will only make your game better, making strict "communities" just makes the game worse, and taking away the possibility of subscribing if you aren't in your designated "community's" server just makes you lose money. I finally see the game's content got better and want to return but I can't subscribe because I have to either pay a huge chunk of my kamas or make a new acount on a fucking shit server where I would have to read god damned brazilian writting all god damned day.

0 0
Score : 27381
klophgc-lol|2014-03-16 15:37:28
If you wanted to rise the god damned ogrine price of subscribing so it wouldn't be more "advantageous" why the hell are you being so harsh on people that aren't playing in their "community's" servers? I'm portuguese and I can't even pay by phone because I play on Rosal, I hate the "portuguese community" servers. Seriously, why are you getting harsher and harsher on players like me over the years? It used to be I could make an acount on Rosal, Rushu, etc without a problem but now I can't even log in into rosal on an acount that has characters in that server. Why get harsher? Promoting internationalism will only make your game better, making strict "communities" just makes the game worse, and taking away the possibility of subscribing if you aren't in your designated "community's" server just makes you lose money. I finally see the game's content got better and want to return but I can't subscribe because I have to either pay a huge chunk of my kamas or make a new acount on a fucking shit server where I would have to read god damned brazilian writting all god damned day.
You realize that if you talk to Support they can give you access back to our servers and give you access to our Ogrines markets?

They add the restrictions to hurt bots, you are simply collateral damage.
0 0
Respond to this thread