FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

2.18 Update: it's beta o'clock!

By #[Nerodos] - ADMIN - January 29, 2014, 16:09:06
DevTracker

For this beta's launch, the Kanigers will be quite pleased to have you over for dinner... on their plates, of course! The 2.18 update is planned for February 11. Before you throw yourself into the Kaniger's fangs, discover all that awaits you in the 2.18 update: The Claws of Kanigrula.

The heart of this new update is a revamp of the Cania Plains and the introduction of a character who managed to tame the entire Kaniger people: Kanigrula.
If you haven't already seen it, check out the 2.18 update teaser!

But it's far from showcasing everything that awaits you on February 11! Here's a bundle of new stuff:
Never-before seen Dungeons and monsters for the Kaniger area: Kanigrula isn't alone....
New free sidekick for players level 30 and more. And that's only the tip of the iceberg!
The Frigost 3 equipment will be available to all players! It's reason enough to go back to the frozen island...
The three previously permanently-linked Dofus will now only be linked for 4 months: The Ice Dofus, the Cawott Dofus, and the Dofawa.
2 new sets: for your crafting pleasure!

All of this, available right now in the beta!
First Ankama intervention
bint|2014-01-30 12:32:23
The three previously permanently-linked Dofus will now only be linked for 4 months: The Ice Dofus, the Cawwot Dofus, and the Dofawa.

What about the Dolmanax?

The Dolmanax will remain perma-linked.

To quote the Devblog:
There is one major exception to this system: the Dolmanax will remain linked in perpetuity. This is because this Dofus remains fairly accessible to any player, regardless of their favorite activities. It is also fairly “easy” to generate large amounts of this particular Dofus due to the use of alts, and that is an outcome we would like to avoid.

See message in context
Reactions 47
Score : -228

Free sidekick! YAY!

Why not introduce 1 free and 2 emporium sidekicks? But I guess 1 free is better than nothing. happy 

0 0
Score : 18

As excited as I am for this....there's STILL no sign of those feca / xelor changes that were mentioned a year ago. And that I have been waiting patiently for, telling myself "just one more update".

2 -1
Score : 3

Character changes???

1 -1
Score : 211

The implication of multiple new Dungeons, but only 2 new sets seems a little odd. Or is there going to be a lot of new equipment which aren't set pieces?

Also this doesn't say anything about the level of the content being put out, maybe that's not important to a lot of people but I think it'd be nice to be able to gauge how interested I should be for the new content.

0 0
Score : 145

How to get the new sidekick?

0 0
Score : 852

All I want is that sidekick biggrinbiggrinbiggrin

0 0
Score : 2

and us there did all frig 3 dungs do we get anything ? or did we just Waste a lot of time ?

0 0
Score : 7489

What sort of level is the dungeon for? Hoping 100-150, not more endgame stuff...

0 0
Score : 487
Bachflip|2014-01-29 17:45:50
and us there did all frig 3 dungs do we get anything ? or did we just Waste a lot of time ?
Think about it. Do them again, farm them. And now the base of people who can buy them is everyone. So it is now profitable to sell frig 3 gear.
1 0
Score : 3

Typo: "The three previously permanently-linked Dofus will now only be linked for 4 months: The Ice Dofus, the Cawott Dofus, and the Dofawa."

0 0
Score : -24

Nvm

0 -3
Score : 3004

the dungeon is for ~150, for those asking..

also both sets are just 3 piece mp sets. nothing for ap. Chances are sunken set is still better.

also mp pet

0 0
Score : 602

IZMAR SAYS only 1 dungeon, typo in the post above.

The mobs have high HP, but low damage it seems... I've been taking about 500 dmg a round and the mobs I've seen have ~3k hp.

New village, New houses and paddocks

new maps, new mobs, new zaap

0 0
Score : 254

Beta won't install for me? Says ''This version of Dofus is too old''... Because that helps -.-

0 0
Score : 84

Where is the download link for the beta?

0 0
Score : 467

Anyone else having trouble updating beta?

0 0
Score : 2

where is the beta server download??

0 0

Please remember to use the latest versions of the Beta UpLauncher.

Windows
Click here

Mac
Click here

Linux
Click here 

Score : 402

The beta server for mac is saying its from 2.16. Is there a more recent version that I just can't seem to find?

0 0
Respond to this thread