FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

New sidekick: the Spectral Scout

By #[Nerodos] - ADMIN - February 21, 2014, 17:14:29
Announcements
Reactions 78
Score : 965

Not even a point trying for one of these. Might be 1 or 2 of them on Rushu, but that's about the maximum there will be on any English servers, I guess I wont ever be seeing one of them on Zato.

0 0
Score : 3641

I want to buy one bu the fact that I have to buy 20$ worth of ogrines makes me mad, And with I have left i still cant buy a second sidekick. The cost of sidekick in orgines should be revised and anything bought from the emporium should be a fixed amount of ogrines that you can buy in one pack not 2 and have spares.

0 0
Score : 1343

My only question is will they be available the very moment it becomes February 25th or will it be at some random time of day?...

Edit: Ops never mind, didn't pay attention enough when I was reading tongue 

0 0
Score : 723

LOL, love the business strategy. cool People will be be rushing to buy orgines, to only not be able to obtain one. Great idea, I just won't be taking part. This sidekick most be epic, with unlimited spell capabilities. tongue

0 0
Score : 6102

I don't know if I should be proud that my ideas made into the game, disappointed that they changed it from a class to a sidekick (again, though the at least didn't divide it), or outraged because....because.

Oh well, there goes my idea for a second enutrof follower class. I guess I should expect my other suggestions for new classes to become new sidekicks...

0 -1
Score : 25951
xxsem|2014-02-21 20:06:26
LOL, love the business strategy. cool People will be be rushing to buy orgines, to only not be able to obtain one. Great idea, I just won't be taking part. This sidekick most be epic, with unlimited spell capabilities. tongue
Yea... bought 11,600 ogr already... If I don't get to buy 2, I will just use it to subscribe. T_T
0 0
Gunnerwolfang|2014-02-21 18:09:37
Izmar|2014-02-21 18:00:02
Gunnerwolfang|2014-02-21 17:41:03
Seriously! Only 10,000 copies?! Shut up and take my money! angry

That's the plan! There may be another limited run in the far future, but there will be only 10,000 available to buy this year.

ikbenprutske|2014-02-21 17:54:53
Is that total or per server?

Total, on all servers across all of DOFUS.
Actually, as a collector, I would really love it to be rare... Unfortunately, Ankama have a track record of making rare items be common items in emporium.

To be completely accurate, the items in the Emporium were only rare in certain communities, as they were sold with transmedia offers in the French community, and only rarely trickled over to other servers. They were never intended to be limited or exclusive - they were created as marketing incentives to purchase magazines or mangas and many of them were used for several different promotions. Their value on English servers was based on the difference between these markets, and that's something that as a company, we're trying to move away from. The Emporium is a part of that, making it possible for these items to reach other servers.

Items like the Premium boxes (I see you've got the set from your avatar) that were advertised as exclusive from the start are still rare and exclusive to those who were lucky enough to get them.
InuzukaKiba|2014-02-21 18:55:57
This whole limited run business is absurdity. I thought we were moving towards *reducing* the number of exclusives like this with the Great Emporium.

Limited edition items are very uncool, and the vast majority of players present and future will really just be annoyed that they can't get their hands on these items (in the case of this item, everyone that happens to not be free at 11:00 in the European morning). It's painfully obvious that come 11:00, the servers will be non-responsive and flooded by lucky people with free mornings in two or three timezones. I really don't like this.

See: How players feel about the Premium boxes.

We've adjusted the time so that the sale will now begin at 3 PM Paris time to help out those in North America a bit.

And this action is a test of the Emporium, to see if it is possible to successfully release a "limited" item that is available for all communities equally.

This has already happened over the past month, but it was a different type of "exclusive." The Ballotwine set was only available for a week in the Emporium, and now it won't be available again until next year. This test went fairly smoothly, even though it was announced that it would only be available for a limited time.

There is a chance that this test won't be successful. If it's not, you probably won't see promotions of this type any more. Either way, thanks for letting us know how you feel about it! I'll be making a report of your comments over the weekend for the marketing team on Monday, so keep it coming. =)
Score : 176

To be honest, ten thousand is and isn't a big number. I wouldn't imagine them getting sold in a couple minutes at all. A lot of dofus players multiaccount these days thus sidekicks aren't that interesting to them. Also a lot of the single account players who are interested in sidekicks probably can't even afford the price. I don't have a clue of how many players would be interested in these on the french servers however. Better be safe than sorry and get online at 3PM DUT if you really want one.

0 0
Score : 27

Let me guess, you will sell another 10 000 next year OR even better, release it for everyone next year? because that is what i think you mean when you shout LIMITED AND YOU CAN GET IT ONLY NOW!

0 0
lumoaja|2014-02-21 21:31:20
Let me guess, you will sell another 10 000 next year OR even better, release it for everyone next year? because that is what i think you mean when you shout LIMITED AND YOU CAN GET IT ONLY NOW!

I've already said in this thread that we may have another limited run of these sidekicks in the future, but this will be the only run for this year.
Score : 4
Nerodos|2014-02-21 17:00:00

This special LIMITED edition sidekick has an original gameplay style that efficiently repels opponents.

I'd really like to know exactly what "Limited Edition" means.. I'm hoping it means that the sidekick will basically never be offered again. I'm just worried if I get the sidekick that maybe not even a year later there will be another offer to them and then there won't be anything exciting about owning one anymore...
0 0
Score : 1692
Markys-Ivanov|2014-02-21 21:42:56

This special LIMITED edition sidekick has an original gameplay style that efficiently repels opponents.

I'd really like to know exactly what "Limited Edition" means.. I'm hoping it means that the sidekick will basically never be offered again. I'm just worried if I get the sidekick that maybe not even a year later there will be another offer to them and then there won't be anything exciting about owning one anymore...
Izmar your patience is unparalleled.
0 0
Score : 27402

Didn't you read what Izmar said right above you?

I've already said in this thread that we may have another limited run of these sidekicks in the future, but this will be the only run for this year.
0 0
Score : 277
Izmar|2014-02-21 20:34:15
InuzukaKiba|2014-02-21 18:55:57
This whole limited run business is absurdity. I thought we were moving towards *reducing* the number of exclusives like this with the Great Emporium.

Limited edition items are very uncool, and the vast majority of players present and future will really just be annoyed that they can't get their hands on these items (in the case of this item, everyone that happens to not be free at 11:00 in the European morning). It's painfully obvious that come 11:00, the servers will be non-responsive and flooded by lucky people with free mornings in two or three timezones. I really don't like this.

See: How players feel about the Premium boxes.

We've adjusted the time so that the sale will now begin at 3 PM Paris time to help out those in North America a bit.

And this action is a test of the Emporium, to see if it is possible to successfully release a "limited" item that is available for all communities equally.

This has already happened over the past month, but it was a different type of "exclusive." The Ballotwine set was only available for a week in the Emporium, and now it won't be available again until next year. This test went fairly smoothly, even though it was announced that it would only be available for a limited time.

There is a chance that this test won't be successful. If it's not, you probably won't see promotions of this type any more. Either way, thanks for letting us know how you feel about it! I'll be making a report of your comments over the weekend for the marketing team on Monday, so keep it coming. =)
The other content in the Emporium is cosmetic or of little effect to ingame performance. A sidekick on the other hand has the ability to let you complete dungeons/farm drops/items that you would not be able to do or not do as quickly than without. That is a tangible advantage. If this sidekick is as good at the description makes it out to be, then limiting it is greatly unfair to everyone who could use it but or unable to get it.

If on the other hand the sidekick weak and of limited use then calling it "a heavy hitter ally" and "truly feared by your opponents" is over selling it when we aren't able to see it's stats/spells before buying it. This sidekick should have been available on test server to try before purchase.
0 0
Score : 4
Revil-Nunor|2014-02-21 21:56:24

Didn't you read what Izmar said right above you?

Well she posted it 5 minutes before my post... So no, I didn't see it :/
0 0
Score : 8

what if i get desapointed with it do i get the ogrines back?? biggrin

0 0
Score : 299

It seems like it got the sadida totem spell from wakfu then you wont get desapointed^^

0 0
Score : 27402
Riocor|2014-02-22 00:20:45
what if i get desapointed with it do i get the ogrines back?? biggrin
You can always sell it, and buy more Ogrines with the kamas.
0 0
Score : 1415

won't make that much of a difference, the knight is good enuf for me

0 0
Respond to this thread