By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

How common is it to use multiple accounts?

By Nayrk April 11, 2014, 08:15:02

Just a little curious to know how common it is for people to use multiple accounts.
Also, how many accounts are we talking and do you ever feel rather unorganized?
Hard to think how one would keep track.

0 0
Reactions 25
Score : 695

i dont have any statistics for you, but i imagine its skewed more towards multi-client. i myself have 11 active accounts... sure it can get a bit hectic, buts its nice to be able to do stuff i want if no guild members are on or whatever. i generally only have 4-5 on standing around doing dopples/daily's/recruiting for my guild ( Click here) if you are interested. However if i want to say run tengu or do some souls or w/e i can log more.

0 0
Score : 1691

Super duper common.

It's really not that hard to keep track of like... 2 - ~10 things.

0 0
Score : 2375

I did not start multi-clienting before I reached level 200 as I found it very hard to organize multiple accounts.

However, after only a few hours of using several accounts, it really becomes quite natural and adds a new element to the game.
I run 4 accounts.

0 0
Score : 6370

I run 4 chars most of the time, but when I do something bigger it can go to 6.
It's very easy if you find a good way to position the screens to switch accounts if your alt+tab shortcut doesn't work like it doesn't with me -.-

ArcticWarrior|2014-04-11 08:28:19
i dont have any statistics for you, but i imagine its skewed more towards multi-client. i myself have 11 active accounts... sure it can get a bit hectic, buts its nice to be able to do stuff i want if no guild members are on or whatever. i generally only have 4-5 on standing around doing dopples/daily's/recruiting for my guild ( Click here) if you are interested. However if i want to say run tengu or do some souls or w/e i can log more.
You have 11 active accounts? O.o what do you even do with 11 since only 8 can join a mob?
0 0
bolleke|2014-04-11 10:32:08
It's very easy if you find a good way to position the screens to switch accounts if your alt+tab shortcut doesn't work like it doesn't with me -.-

You have 11 active accounts? O.o what do you even do with 11 since only 8 can join a mob?
it depends what im doing? could be doing kolo on some, while resource farming for guildies on other, or recruiting chat on a few and souls on others... i mix and match my team... and i dont really like mulitple per account. 10 of those are 180+ 1 is being leached in my souls and is 13x will be 16x then will come out of leach set xD
0 0
Score : 6370
ArcticWarrior|2014-04-11 12:19:32
bolleke|2014-04-11 10:32:08

it depends what im doing? could be doing kolo on some, while resource farming for guildies on other, or recruiting chat on a few and souls on others... i mix and match my team... and i dont really like mulitple per account. 10 of those are 180+ 1 is being leached in my souls and is 13x will be 16x then will come out of leach set xD
Oh I see smile 
0 0
Score : 3051

I have 4 at the moment, and another 4 that I haven't used lately. It's really not hard to focus once you get the hang of switching.

0 0
Score : 1644

I have 10 subbed accounts myself yet i only usually bring 6 or so along to dungeon runs so i can help guildies and friends :p

0 0
Score : 117

Thank you for all the replies!
I recently came back and found it rather quiet in terms of teaming up with people, so this makes a lot of sense.
Should I personally try this out or wait until I have a higher level?

0 0

it depends, if you can afford to keep them subbed and gear them up definitely try to do so from an earlier point so you get used to your teams abilities and such.

0 0
Score : 27362

There used to be people who would subscribe 48 or more accounts at once so they could repeatedly open Kralove too.

I would say probably at least 8 out of 10 players on Dofus either use or have used at least two or more accounts at least once.

0 0
Score : 2989

I've always had 2 accounts ever since a little after I started playing. Cra and eni are my favorites, and you just can't play enis alone decently, and I really can't choose between them so I want to play both at once. Its very nice for doing two things at once too. Like crafting on one and doing something else on the other while you wait.

I've seen a few players who have 8 accounts and only do solo too, but those are rare to meet since they don't play with others. But just give a look around and it won't be hard to find people who even give similar names to their characters and walk them together.

0 0
Score : 6154

muahaha, the game would barely cope without multi accounting. at the very least, half of active accounts are alts. at the VERY least.

They did release some figures couple years ago about all this but it was extremely flawed. within minutes people were pointing flaws out

0 0
Score : 1527

I have 6 accounts and the main thing I worry about is that I earn enough money to re-sub them again and again. That should be the main problem you have to address. Although, it is relatively easy to make money once you start multi-accounting, hence why people started doing it in the first place.

0 0

I've always relied on professions for money, so at least for me, multiaccounting doesn't bring any extra money, if anything it drains more money on all the extra gear and now subs.

0 0
-Nodoka-|2014-04-12 21:32:57
I've always relied on professions for money, so at least for me, multiaccounting doesn't bring any extra money, if anything it drains more money on all the extra gear and now subs.
Hello. Surely the extra professions that you can learn can help you earn better kamas by picking another 3 professions to work well with your main profession character?

Just as an example, its your first character, you decide to take mining/lumberjack and level them up for pure gathering profit, you then start to level a smithing profession to use all your wood/ore. Well then how about character 2 picks up either the other smiths so you can be crafting on one while gathering on other, or pick up another combo like farmer/baker/alch.
0 0
Score : 25834
ArcticWarrior|2014-04-13 01:33:06
-Nodoka-|2014-04-12 21:32:57
Hello. Surely the extra professions that you can learn can help you earn better kamas by picking another 3 professions to work well with your main profession character?

Just as an example, its your first character, you decide to take mining/lumberjack and level them up for pure gathering profit, you then start to level a smithing profession to use all your wood/ore. Well then how about character 2 picks up either the other smiths so you can be crafting on one while gathering on other, or pick up another combo like farmer/baker/alch.
I agree with this, I confess, while I prefer to play on solo account, I used to multi-account with one account (main) fighting, and the 2nd account doing gathering profession (fishing, mining, woodcutting, farming... etc...).

The queuing system actually makes this very easy, I just queue my gathering command, switch and focus on my main, and comeback to my gathering alts afterwards. And when I was in Ogivol server, having a 2nd account is really necessary because since there are hardly any players in that server, I needed an extra character to take on more dungeons with the few players that we can team up with.
0 0

Not for me, I have all of them on a single account because it is easier to have all the mats on the same bank instead of having to trade them between accounts. And I already have 4 characters with 3 professions each, I will buy character slots to complete the rest. I only have 3 on my second account and that is for pods on my main character and to complete 3 more I don't have, I don't make money with them.
0 0
-Nodoka-|2014-04-13 03:19:20

Not for me, I have all of them on a single account because it is easier to have all the mats on the same bank instead of having to trade them between accounts. And I already have 4 characters with 3 professions each, I will buy character slots to complete the rest. I only have 3 on my second account and that is for pods on my main character and to complete 3 more I don't have, I don't make money with them.
I think you may have missed the main point i was trying to make, which was being able to do 2 sets of professions at the same time, like Gunner said, que up gathering on one, while crafting on another, or fighting on another. True i guess having everything in 1 bank is better for you, i personally have a house for each character that has a gathering profession so he can store the relevant materials in a chest that costs no kamas to use, and that all my alts can use guild transport to get to and access.

But each to their own, i personally have 1-2 alts gathering (miner and lumberjack usually) while another is in que for kolo, and then all other just recruiting for my new-ish Rosal guild( Click here if interested).

Happy Hunting
Arctic
0 0
Respond to this thread