FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Eca's Spells Failing Challenges

By kludd - SUBSCRIBER - May 06, 2014, 20:37:08

This has been bothering me for quite a while, though I never bothered asking anyone about it until now.

I want to know why using Claw of Ceangal fails the don't ap roop challenges, and Fate of Ecaflip fails the don't mp roop challenges. Both these spells have the additional effect of ap or mp rooping the target, but this effect has to be triggered. So why do the challenges automatically fail when the spell is used, not when the trigger is activated? I have a hard time believing Ankama means it to work this way. Both of these spells are primarily for dealing high damage, not ap/mp rooping. The challenges say "do not attempt" to ap/mp roop your enemies, and as far as I'm concerned there is no attempt to ap/mp roop targets with these spells unless the trigger is activated.
So basically, does anyone know if it really is meant to be this way on purpose or is it just something nobody has bothered dealing with?

Also, the spell "All or Nothing" fails the "do not heal" challenges the very turn it's used, even though it only heals the turn after, which really doesn't make any sense either.

0 0
Reactions 6
Score : 27364

That is always how it has worked. The fact that the spells CAN take ap/mp or heal is enough to fail the challenge. They don't actually have to take any or heal anything.

When Fate actually took mp, even if you failed to take any it would fail the challenge too. It is a challenge to make the fight more difficult after all.

Could it have been a bug for years that was just never fixed? Possible but highly unlikely. This is most likely exactly how it was intended to work.

0 0
Score : 13055
Revil-Nunor|2014-05-06 21:02:55
That is always how it has worked. The fact that the spells CAN take ap/mp or heal is enough to fail the challenge. They don't actually have to take any or heal anything.

When Fate actually took mp, even if you failed to take any it would fail the challenge too. It is a challenge to make the fight more difficult after all.

Could it have been a bug for years that was just never fixed? Possible but highly unlikely. This is most likely exactly how it was intended to work.
Unfortunately, Revil is right. Take for instance the foggernaut spell evolution. It only attempts to heal turrets, ut when used as a power buff on other aliies instead, it still fails incurable.

Annoying little thing there, seems they just made a list of what spells fail it instantly instead of checking for an actual action that fails (attempting take ap, mp, or heal depending on the challenge)
0 0
Score : 1294
Revil-Nunor|2014-05-06 21:02:55

Thanks for reply. I'll still never agree with the way it works, but good to know it's meant to work this way.
0 0
Score : 15612
Nerd-Tease|2014-05-06 21:08:45
Annoying little thing there, seems they just made a list of what spells fail it instantly instead of checking for an actual action that fails (attempting take ap, mp, or heal depending on the challenge)

Actually this isn't the case. I know this because Shovel of Judgement used to only reduce MP on a critical hit, so if you had the "Don't reduce MP" challenge and you had a low crit rate on your enu you could just risk it by casting Shovel of Judgement, because normal hits wouldn't fail the challenge. But if you got lucky/unlucky and landed a critical hit it would fail the challenge.

It is the attempt to reduce AP or reduce MP or reduce range or heal that fails the challenge, even if the attempt is unsuccessful. I think this is a reasonable way to make it work.
0 0
Score : 13055
Mishna|2014-05-06 23:52:38

Actually this isn't the case. I know this because Shovel of Judgement used to only reduce MP on a critical hit, so if you had the "Don't reduce MP" challenge and you had a low crit rate on your enu you could just risk it by casting Shovel of Judgement, because normal hits wouldn't fail the challenge. But if you got lucky/unlucky and landed a critical hit it would fail the challenge.

It is the attempt to reduce AP or reduce MP or reduce range or heal that fails the challenge, even if the attempt is unsuccessful. I think this is a reasonable way to make it work.
Then if this isn't the case, why does not attempting to heal (using evolution as a power buff, with 0% chance of applying any heal) fail incurable, and the eca spells fail before any attempt at ap or mp theft is made?
0 0
Score : 15612
Nerd-Tease|2014-05-07 00:50:03
Mishna|2014-05-06 23:52:38

Then if this isn't the case, why does not attempting to heal (using evolution as a power buff, with 0% chance of applying any heal) fail incurable, and the eca spells fail before any attempt at ap or mp theft is made?

Yeah I don't know... Maybe they changed how it works when they revamped ecaflip. I do know the old Enutrof could gamble with Shovel of Judgement and if he was lucky not fail the challenge.
0 0
Respond to this thread