FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The Magical Orb: a new start!

By #[Nerodos] - ADMIN - May 23, 2014, 17:15:00
Announcements
Reactions 163
Score : 1284

Correct. Pay to Win requires paying players to have something non paying players don't. The kamas Exchange makes it so anyone has access to the same items/services. As long as it Exists, Ankama can release any paid item/service it wants and Dofus would still not qualify as pay to win.

0 0
Score : 25917
Arcade11|2014-05-26 10:36:29
Your the level 200s with 8 subbed accounts PAID OR NOT don't matter.

Now how can I pay to Beat you?

In a pay 2 win game. The host sells me Items/services I can use to become better then you. This is what pay 2 win means. I been playing mmorpg for many years now, thats how the "term" started.
The host is selling 8 subscription so those who can pay for 8 subscription can be better than those who didn't pay for 8 subscription.
0 0

In pay 2 win games you can usually buy an item like +10 sword of awesomeness. Only people who can pay 100$ can get one. If you sell it, Its worth billions, its worth more then currency. People will trade 100 of the best items in the game for it. Because with it you "WIN"

Give me an example of something like that in dofus.

0 0
Arcade11|2014-05-26 11:01:30
In pay 2 win games you can usually buy an item like +10 sword of awesomeness. Only people who can pay 100$ can get one. If you sell it, Its worth billions, its worth more then currency. People will trade 100 of the best items in the game for it. Because with it you "WIN"

In your previous post you said that P2W also means paying for services.

Arcade11|2014-05-26 10:36:29
The host sells me Items/services I can use to become better then you.

Subscription is a service... Players will sell/trade 100 of the best items in the game for it, because with 8-acoounts, you win over those who do not have 8 accounts.
0 0
Arcade11|2014-05-26 08:45:54
Yeah but anyone can multi account. And you don't have to pay. You can use the kama exchange to sub 8 accounts if your dedicated enough.

Arcade11|2014-05-26 10:54:07
Pay to Win requires paying players to have something non paying players don't.
0 0
Arcade11|2014-05-26 11:10:12
Yeah but anyone can multi account. And you don't have to pay. You can use the kama exchange to sub 8 accounts if your dedicated enough.
In your sample of P2W, anyone can also have that exclusive item by trading 100 of their best items for it.

This means everyone, even those who didn't pay for it, but trade 100 of items for it.
0 0
Score : 331

If you put it like this you're right but certainly ones who pay much money gain something. I, e.g., am saving kamas to buy subscription an I have to work hard to get sparkling pebbles for good equipment and trophies. But a guy who spend real money can trade his ogrines for kamas and buy those pebbles right away and he's going to make the same equipment much sooner. OR he can buy a turquose dofus by selling ogrines he bought - and I can't obtain one cause I don't have 20mk to afford it. A pretty rough example but it's how it is.
0 0

I'm not saying paying players don't have an advantage. They have a HUGE advantage, If you compare one new player to the other, but the advantage is a lot less or even non existent vs a maxed out lvl 200.

My main point was about "pay 2 win" There's definitely an advantage to paying, there should be, because your basically paying the "Host" without you the "Host" would have no money and the game wouldn't exist.

Gunnerwolfang|2014-05-26 11:14:22
Arcade11|2014-05-26 11:10:12
In your sample of P2W, anyone can also have that exclusive item by trading 100 of their best items for it.

This means everyone, even those who didn't pay for it, but trade 100 of items for it.
Yeah but usually the person who buys it, doesn't sell it. They just "WIN" with it! The other players who are veterans and 10x better at the game, played longer, are mad cause some noob just "Pay 2 Win"
0 0
Arcade11|2014-05-26 11:22:53
I'm not saying paying players don't have an advantage. They have a HUGE advantage, If you compare one new player to the other but the advantage is a lot less or even non existent vs a maxed out lvl 200.

My main point was about "pay 2 win" There's definitely an advantage to paying, there should be, because your basically paying the "Host" without you the "Host" would have no money and the game wouldn't exist.
Your definition of P2W is based on the F2P games and not on Subscription games and especially not based on a game that allows multi-accounting like dofus.

The fact of the matter is, multi-accounters pays to win over those who didn't pay for multiple account. While in free to play games, you pay for items, in dofus, you xcan gain advantage by paying for multiple accounts.

While dofus is not a F2P P2W, it is a P2P P2W.
0 0

Subscription has nothing to do with pay 2 win.

If that's the case, I'm going to buy 50 subscriptions and pwn everyone! Muhahaha! I'm done, Have a good day! =)

0 0
Score : 1692
Arcade11|2014-05-26 11:37:11
That's a very good point. If subbing = P2W because it makes you better than f2p players (regardless of how many accounts you run), then, like, every sub game is P2W.

What if I run 8 f2p accounts? Then I have an advantage over other f2pers, but I'm not paying.
0 0
justapie|2014-05-26 11:40:51
That's a very good point. If subbing = P2W because it makes you better than f2p players (regardless of how many accounts you run), then, like, every sub game is P2W.

What if I run 8 f2p accounts? Then I have an advantage over other f2pers, but I'm not paying.
What If I run 20 f2p accounts! and 50 subbed (yeah im that good) I'd be the best in no time!
0 0
Arcade11|2014-05-26 11:47:57

What If I run 20 f2p accounts! and 50 subbed (yeah im that good) I'd be the best in no time!
Technically, yes, you will have an advantage over those who didn't pay as much as you did.

Technically, using kamas you worked hard on to subscribe is still paying for it, because those ogrines are paid for by those who have big wallets in order for them to buy the gears that they need.
0 0
Gunnerwolfang|2014-05-26 11:55:57

Technically, yes, you will have an advantage over those who didn't pay as much as you did.

Technically, using kamas you worked hard on to subscribe is still paying for it, because those ogrines are paid for by those who have big wallets in order for them to buy the gears that they need.
The guy above me kind of moved away from it, but you've ignored the point I, and I think he, were trying to make.
0 0
justapie|2014-05-26 11:58:07
Gunnerwolfang|2014-05-26 11:55:57

The guy above me kind of moved away from it, but you've ignored the point I, and I think he, were trying to make.
I didn't ignore your point. I answered it. If you subscribed for 50 weeks then you will have 50 weeks of advantage over someone who didn't subscribed for 50 weeks.

And subscribing with ogrines is still paying for it since the sellers used real money to sell ogrine and while you didn't pay to win, the seller did pay to win, because now he was able to buy the powerful gears that he needed to win.
0 0

burh dat ain't meh post. read plz.

Also, what you gleamed from the other guys post was pretty dense of you. You may have 'responded', you missed the point though.

0 0
justapie|2014-05-26 12:05:13

Also, what you gleamed from the other guys post was pretty dense of you. You may have 'responded', you missed the point though.
You only think I missed it. because you are only accepting your own interpretation.
0 0

If your idea of p2w is paying giving you any kind of advantage. Every game in the world is p2w.

0 0
Gunnerwolfang|2014-05-26 12:09:24

You only think I missed it. because you are only accepting your own interpretation.
u forgettin how lang works amaaaaan. this ain't fuckin' art. we trying to express thouts and felins, and den trnsmit dem thouts of other to peps. u no dis. ignor the point bein' made al u want. yor 'intepritating' mean not if you ain't respond t o wat dey actulli sayin, not da poit u decide dey said. an if dey den clarify it, plz resp to that concern u no dey rasin, not daw litle hole in xpression u tink u found. lrn 2 reed pls gunnar. pls. harpin on idims is poitles. Not al lik "I gannar, ppl sid wat i say dey said".

You did not respond to what I said (though it wouldn't even matter if you would just do what I just told you you should do, like everyone else attempts to do, and respond to the ideas you know people are trying to express, not the ideas you have decided they are trying to express), and as usual, only attempted to respond to the half of a post you thought you could 'beat' verbally.
0 0
Arcade11|2014-05-26 12:16:56
If your idea of p2w is paying giving you any kind of advantage. Every game in the world is p2w.
No there are free games and single payment games that are not pay to win. Any subscription games that only offer subscription as payment but does not allow multi accounting will qualify as a non P2W game.

justapie|2014-05-26 12:19:51
Gunnerwolfang|2014-05-26 12:09:24

u forgettin how lang works amaaaaan. this ain't fuckin' art. we trying to express thouts and felins, and den trnsmit dem thouts of other to peps. u no dis. ignor the point bein' made al u want. yor 'intepritating' mean not if you ain't respond t o wat dey actulli sayin, not da poit u decide dey said. an if dey den clarify it, plz resp to that concern u no dey rasin, not daw litle hole in xpression u tink u found. lrn 2 reed pls gunnar. pls. harpin on idims is poitles. Not al lik "I gannar, ppl sid wat i say dey said".

You did not respond to what I said (though it wouldn't even matter if you would just do what I just told you you should do, like everyone else attempts to do, and respond to the ideas you know people are trying to express, not the ideas you have decided they are trying to express), and as usual, only attempted to respond to the half of a post you thought you could 'beat' verbally.
So your point is that I should read your point? Seriously? That is all you can say, "Read my point"... Why don't you just tell us your point instead of making us guess what your point is?

BTW: When posting you can read this on the right side of the screen.:

Write correctly.
Txt-talk will not be tolerated at all, good grammar and spelling is essential.
0 0
Respond to this thread