FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Event

By gefflegrand June 08, 2014, 18:00:38

***This is not official***
*This an events organize by player, and for players only, has nothing to do with the ankama team just fans of PvP*

I know I am probably in the wrong forum but this is also a suggestion and I am probably not allowed to organise events but oh well.

Me and a couple of friends had this idea about creating a 1vs1 PvP tournament which will group players from different English server into one and only one server to compete in the most epic tournament ever organise by players. Each battle will be live stream or recorded and posted in YouTube.

The tournament will be divided into 5 level rank:
80-99
100-139
140-179
180-198
199-200 (if any suggestion on how should it be set leave it in the comments below)

And do not worry, I repeat do not worry about getting set up with a class that have far more advantage than you to be your first opponent in the first couple of rounds, for example we will not put a cra and a sac together in the first rounds. And for them having a better set than your, this rule will not count.
For the prices it could either a huge amount of kamas or valuable items, or nothing for the losers :p. The prices will be provided by us or any other player that want to help. The fight will not be fought with aggression meaning alignment vs alignment it will be challenges so anyone can fight anybody. We can't make this possible unless we have the approval of players from all over the English servers, and remember this not about the prizes and the fame, of course the winner might get famous, but if you gonna do it do it for the fun, because you love PvP, dofus. And to show how great of a PvP you are.

***This is not official***
Well to make it official we need to know how many people participating, for each person that registered I will put the number below.
***to register just simply inbox me and in your message provide me with the character name, level, server, and class.
Which ever server we receive the most registration this server will be the host for the tournament. For every person register I will put the number below
If have any suggestion or question leave in the comments, thank you ☺

***Register: 5***

0 0
Reactions 9
Score : 3798

Nice idea but there are a couple problems here, especially this one.

" Me and a couple of friends had this idea about creating a 1vs1 PvP tournament which will group players from different English server into one and only one server to compete in the most epic tournament ever organize by players. "

The reason being how in the world are you going to get other people from Rushu, Rosal, Shika, and Zato people to come over only for the tournament? Don't get me wrong, but I'd be stoked if that happened, but let us think realistically. Who will pay for their server transfers to come to the one and only server for it?

You have a lot of level group to manage, might have to get the right referee for fight to be fair, and have the right time for the people to come to their match.

I recommend though that all participants get a little prize for participating even if they get beat. Not like a big prize, but enough for at least giving their best try to fight in the tourney

That is my few cents, Let me know what you think wink

0 0
Score : 480

Lol as much as I would like to give everyone a prize I really don't think that will happen, be I will need a lot of help from elite player for that to happen, and this tournament will most likely happen in the beta, which I didn't want because a lot of players don't really like the idea of moving to another server but what they don't understand, is that if its in the beta their will be no prizes for the winners... Becaus beta everything get lost after a certain of time

0 0
Score : 1396

Oh in the beta, yeah that may discourage lot of people for even giving it a go.

0 0
Score : -230
gefflegrand|2014-06-09 18:28:13
but what they don't understand, is that if its in the beta their will be no prizes for the winners... Becaus beta everything get lost after a certain of time
You don't have to give the price to players on test server. Just give it to their level 1 alts in Solar. They can then use that prize to buy ogrine and add to their subscription or buy items in emporium.
0 0

Yeah but that is if somebody from solar win, but no disrespect to them I don't think any will

0 0
Score : -230

If someone from other server wins, they could make a new character in Solar (as long as their character slot is not yet full). You can then give that alt the prize.

0 0
Score : 3798
gefflegrand|2014-06-09 18:28:13
Lol as much as I would like to give everyone a prize I really don't think that will happen, be I will need a lot of help from elite player for that to happen, and this tournament will most likely happen in the beta, which I didn't want because a lot of players don't really like the idea of moving to another server but what they don't understand, is that if its in the beta their will be no prizes for the winners... Becaus beta everything get lost after a certain of time
In Goultarminator which is a tournament, offers rewards to all participants that fought hard whether they won or lost. In certain years they received kolossokens, doploons, ice kamas, ogrines, etc.

High incentive to participate not only for the pvp excitement but for some benefits as well. Then more people will join bringing even greater competition.
0 0

17 people register, can't edit for some reason

0 0
Score : 2384

I dont really think you have much of a choice regarding which server this tournament will take place on.
Unless you plan to offer rewards more valuable then the cost to transfer servers back and forth, beta is the place. There has to be one hell of a reward for wasting money on server transfers.

I also think you might make this whole tournament impossible to manage. You say that you'll make sure no unfair fights take place, such as sacrier and cra.
But how do you decide which fights are fair? Do you knowwhat classes play well against foggernauts, which classes Iops are weak against and how to find a fair opponent against an Xelor?
i think if you really want this to succeed, you have to make eveything randomized, where every fight will be randomly picked.
If you or a group of players decide the match setups, most likely some people would disagree wijth your choices. Do you know which classes are weak to a sram level 120, compared to a sram level 200. 'Cause through the different levels, you "develope" new weaknesses against certain classes that grow stronger as they level and you might become stronger against others.
Making fair fights across that many level brackets simply impossible.

Regarding prizes I really think you have to charge something for competing in the tournament, to make rewards more attractive. I know at least from a level 200 perspective, any prize below 5mk wouldn't be to much use, and even rewards under 10mk would still be on the low end compared to what stuff costs at end level. (And if you plan on doing this on a regular server prizes should at the very least be x2 servertransfers + 5mk)

All that said though, I really hope you succeed with your tournament. Player made events is awesome and an important part of keeping the community alive!
Good luck!

Sorry for any spellingmistakes. This is written on an iPad without spellcheck.

0 0
Respond to this thread