FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Epic Server Beta: Mortal Kombat in PvM!

By #[Izmar] - ADMIN - August 13, 2014, 17:20:00
Announcements

His name is Shadow and his goal is death... your death. No more will you enjoy the soothing touch of the Phoenix statue, because on Shadow's server, the monsters will have their revenge! Welcome to the beta of the Epic Server! Will you be the first hero of this new hardcore PvM server? Please enjoy an instructional video on your ultimate demise below...

On the Epic server, it's like you're the star of your own Final Destination movie at any time of the day or night! There's only one way out of here... feet first.

Unlike the Heroic server, where any adventurer you meet can try to skin you alive with or without your consent, on the Epic server, only fighting against monsters carries the risk of eternal death. You manage and control your own level of risk. But be careful, because in PvM, you only die once. And when it happens, say "farewell" to your equipment and items! Say "toodle-loo" to your achievement points! And say "sayanora" to your quests as well!

Like Oto Mustam, Shadow is open to all players, regardless of their community. You'll have an international cast of characters to compete against as you struggle to prove that you have the true grit required to be an Epic hero.

And to spur you on towards greatness, we're offering a competition that will end when the Epic Beta server closes on September 1, 2014, at 12:00 (Paris time). The idea is simple - the character that has accumulated the most achievement points out of all the characters on the beta server will receive a reward. If your character dies, your achievement points are lost, so your character must be alive at the time that the Beta server closes - but you can revive your character and try again as often as you like.*

Here's what you can win:

1st place: Flute emote + Pack of 4 Mimisymbics + Pack of 5 Great Emporium emotes
2nd through 10th place: Pack of 4 Mimisymbics + Pack of 5 Great Emporium emotes
11th through 20th place: Pack of 4 Mimisymbics

The winners will receive their items directly on their accounts, because the Epic Server will start fresh, no progress from the beta will be saved. But this is a great opportunity to hone your strategy for the release of the real deal on September 2! Install the Beta Client and try it right away.

Good luck to all you future epic winners!
*Please note that only one account per player will be rewarded.
Reactions 16
Score : 15637

I look forward to the rage when the person who wins Flute emote has their character die in PvM and loses it. tongue 

0 0
Score : 421

@Mishna I'm sure it will come in the form of a token or a gift code....so they could put it onto another server in fear of losing it, if they don't and they lose it oh well.

0 0
Score : 19

Actually when you die with permanent death you get to keep all of the emotes you have achieved

0 0
Score : 1224

No loot/xp bonus? I think I'll pass.

0 -1
Dragonsleiyer|2014-08-13 19:23:18
Actually when you die with permanent death you get to keep all of the emotes you have achieved

Really? Because right now emotes are linked to your character, so I see no reason why you would keep an emote when you lose a character.

Can we get dev confirmation on this?
0 0
Score : 176

Only the #1 will get a flute? That's rough, won't even bother trying because I'm not even french.

0 0
Score : 3914
Mishna|2014-08-13 21:43:29

Really? Because right now emotes are linked to your character, so I see no reason why you would keep an emote when you lose a character.

The current Flute emote comes in two forms, one is categorized as Tool, the other as a Wand. They are items you have to equip to temporarily learn the emote and forget when you unequip it. Usual emotes acquired in-game and those purchased are bound to the character that learns them. Despite them being "rare", they are still considered equipment as by the following rule which applies to the Epic Server, whoever wins the Flute will not be able to keep it if he or she dies in PvM.
All equipments and items owned by a dead character are definitively destroyed: they are not redistributed as a bonus loot on the area's monsters.

Unless Ankama implement a new special rule applying specifically to these "special" items.

Unlikely.
0 0
Score : -1952

The character is not quite gone. You can find a grave stone, where you can reanimate him. He has still his previous name and also his class. But he is small, naked, and stupid. But: He keeps his emotes.
2 -4

I guess Ankama could probably give you character the emote as an innate emote like /sit or /fear to ensure that you keep it. But if it is still linked to an item then it stands to reason you would lose it when you die because you would lose the item.

0 0
Score : 25951

Right now, my 200 osa has a flute emote bug... He has the flute emote without the flute (tool) equipped.

1 0
Score : 1692

I'm fairly sure the emote will be awarded to the account, not the character. You can just give your emote to a character on a server that isn't perma death.

0 0
Score : 74

its suppose to be Rewards over risks, theres nothing beneficial in this server for implenting permadeath in PvE not even double exp or double loot people play heroic server and have a bonus of 3x exp/loot this server offers no special rewards for the risk they put in =/

0 0
Score : 1692

The rewards are showing off your epeen bruh. The thrill of perma death. And for the first couple weeks, the new server chaos. Real talk though, pls let achievements be kept on death to encourage actual risk.

Besides, you get 2x xp back to your original level. Thats more than most perma death games give. Stop coddling me ankama. Replace incarnam content with frig three content on launch so we can see who the real french-blooded 1337 players are, and make xp rate 1/2 normal, drop rate 1/10 normal.

1 0
Score : 42

Im looking forward to the new server cant wait to play but i dont understand why it will be released on a week day and not a weekend

0 0
Score : 27402

All major updates are done on a Tuesday, that is always how Ankama has done things.

0 0
Score : 219

Excited for this!

0 0
Respond to this thread