FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Solo players. A job or a game ?

By -Nightshade- - SUBSCRIBER - September 04, 2014, 13:41:10

Hello there fellow dofus players.

I'm Xia. I've been playing dofus for quite a while, on several accounts.
At this moment I play dofus on one account, and I have several characters on it.

I can't help to notice tough, as a solo player All I seem to be able to do is either:
• boring grinds for kamas which is not really fun and not the purpose of a game in my opinion
• run dopples oh waw yay lets run a couple of maps this is awesome
• Wait an hour for a kollo which is an unfair match 99% of the time (due the fact of big differences in gears and the system not calculating levels in)
• Sit at a zaap and talk to people in between the bots spamming you till you go mad.

So my point is how do you enjoy yourself as a solo player ?
What do you do to have fun ?

Oh and please don't tell me find some friends to play with or a nice guild so you can explore content of the game. I know enough people. And either people grind xp, zaap sit all day(idk perhaps they lack social connections in real life so they see dofus as a big dating platform) or they have a team and prefer to do things on their own without other people interrupting.

I have some years experience in the game and I've explored a lot, but even after hours/days/months of grinding,levelling professions, breeding mounts, xp-ing running around maps questing, doing dungeons fighting in kollo, Quitting 5 characters to play on one account and have more kamas there I still feel like I am no where in the game, there is nothing to do in the game, and thats it's like a big worldwide animated chat instead of a game. I don't know many other games where you can play for years and exploit most parts of the game without reaching a point where you can lay back and say alright lets just do this n that without having to worry about my gear being strong enough, or if i'll have enough kamas to pay my zaap.

2 0
Reactions 9
Score : -208

I am a casual soloist player, I also used to run MC team of 5-6 farming resu powder at pet cemetery. I never went full force MC since I find it too be too stressful, so I sit back and leisurely enjoy the life of a solo accounter.

Basically, I set casual goals from easy to do stuff which I can do in intervals of 5-15 minutes, so I can micro-play while I do other business.

Right now, my goal is to make 1mk daily doing 2 hours of daily quest. I am currently making 600kk daily doing 2 hours of daily quest.

As for what I do for fun, I just don't have enough continuous uninterrupted time to do 1-2 hour dungeons, so the only thing that I find fun is exploring new areas and quest in the game. I am a slow quester so I tend to do quest only when I am not too lazy. When I have more gaming time, I might resume my emerald quest or start the crimson quest. I'd probably try the lower level dimensional dungeons. There are just too many things to do that I tend to get too lazy just thinking about them.

I will do them all.... eventually.... maybe tomorrow.... or the day after that.... or the day after that.... or the.... or.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 0
Score : 480

as a solo player, I have turned into a quester. Years ago, before all the mutli-accounting thing, that wasnt the case there was always fun stuff too (I think its fun to play with other people)

so now I spend my time earning achievement points the best I can as a solo player and doing quests.

0 0
Score : 1154

@Zebulace
I did that, the problem is doing quests is fun, but not for hours, basically 1 or 2 quests and then they get u bored swell, most games that aren't constant action based have a variety of things to do so 1 thing doesn't get repetetive and boring. I lack this in dofus or I don't see all the possibilities that's why I'm asking

Gunnerwolfang|2014-09-04 14:06:46
I am a casual soloist player, I also used to run MC team of 5-6 farming resu powder at pet cemetery. I never went full force MC since I find it too be too stressful, so I sit back and leisurely enjoy the life of a solo accounter.

Basically, I set casual goals from easy to do stuff which I can do in intervals of 5-15 minutes, so I can micro-play while I do other business.

Right now, my goal is to make 1mk daily doing 2 hours of daily quest. I am currently making 600kk daily doing 2 hours of daily quest.

As for what I do for fun, I just don't have enough continuous uninterrupted time to do 1-2 hour dungeons, so the only thing that I find fun is exploring new areas and quest in the game. I am a slow quester so I tend to do quest only when I am not too lazy. When I have more gaming time, I might resume my emerald quest or start the crimson quest. I'd probably try the lower level dimensional dungeons. There are just too many things to do that I tend to get too lazy just thinking about them.

I will do them all.... eventually.... maybe tomorrow.... or the day after that.... or the day after that.... or the.... or.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
There, you don't get my point, but you do feel it. There is plenty to do in the game, but after 10-15mins you're tired of it. I want to see things that keep you going. That work like games work when u have fun, starting for 10mins after dinner and suddenly noticing your alarm going off for breakfast. Now then you had fun, but I don't see anything that keeps you going on dofus
0 0
Score : 4399

Just what you said up there ...well maybe attempt a dofus questline,get mad,tired,MAD,rage at ankama,close the window and try again the next day.

0 0
Score : -208

Maybe you are looking for a "Grand Storyline" that is typical in console tactics games. Stories that is so entertaining that you'd want to keep playing to unravel the next plot, that you will lost track of the time......

Unfortunately, Ankama already stated that they want the players to make their own stories as they explore the game, kinda like a sandbox game.
But lately, they are making a yearlong themed storyline, which although still non-linear follows a series of event like this year's divine dimension theme culminating with a mysterious surprise on December. Last year was the mystery of the multimen sidekick system..

Still, it would have been epic if Dofus has a grand storyline.

0 0
Score : 15679

Ankama has been doing better at developing some deeper storylines. They've done a decent job tying together a continuous chain of quests that leads from Incarnum, down into Astrub, then to Pandala, and into the Emerald Dofus quests and Crimson Dofus quests.

And some of the quests like the Amakna Castle quest chain are really fun and story like. (I don't want to spoil anything but there are two different paths you can take in that quest depending on whether you want to be good or evil, and there are lots of fun little twists and turns.)

I think it will be interesting to see how they tie the quests together even more with future quests for the dofus, and hopefully they add more story style quests like the Amakna Castle ones.

1 0
Score : 2803
-Nightshade-|2014-09-04 13:41:10

Oh and please don't tell me find some friends to play with or a nice guild so you can explore content of the game.

I can totally understand your frustration! However, I'm sure you know the old cliché "it's not the place, it's the people". Perhaps things will change for you if you look for new people to interact with.

Also, to make Dofus feel less like a full-time job, I suggest you make a new routine and set yourself new goals. Why not make new characters, start from scratch (on a new server like "Shadow"?), aim to complete specific sets of achievements (for example Duos with a partner) or transfer server for an overseas Sabbatical!

If you get into a routine the game can become very repetitive. You can always break free from the routine by reinventing your goals, immersing yourself in any new content thrown at us by Ankama, or simply by taking a break and coming back once you feel more motivated.

If you choose to take some time out on Zato be sure to look me up. smile

WinterHeart
0 0
Score : 178

I find kolo the most fun. If you feel like you're not strong enough make it your goal to earn / mage yourself better gear. Do the dofus quests and get yourself some eggs. Consider duo accounting and marrying your chars together for a little help.

1 0
Score : 1787

Also been a solo accouter for years and have learned no to overdue the "experience". Here are some things I enjoy doing.

> Achievements

> QUESTS; If a particular quest(line) is boring, just don't do it, obviously, you don't complain about doing things that are entertaining you for that hour or two that you are

playing.

> PVP; I enjoy pvp A LOT, it doesn't have the same appeal to it that it had years ago but I still find it enjoyable.

> I actually like fishing and helping out people with food I cook, be it in small or big group situations.

> If all else fails, quit playing for a awhile, I doubt Dofus is going anywhere and use the time to reconnect, I read for months on and off, helps keep the game somewhat

fresh.

> If you still find Dofus boring and yourself disenchanted with the game, STOP PLAYING. I wouldn't waste my time with a game that's no fun, so if at the end of it all,

Dofus is still not doing anything for you. Farewell friend! and I hope you find something that can get you to where you need to be ;D

0 0
Respond to this thread