FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Open Beta for DOFUS on web browsers

By #[Nerodos] - ADMIN - October 01, 2014, 16:00:00
Announcements
Reactions 62
Score : 63

I am not able to access the browser to play it sends me right back to the dofus home page can anyone please help ???

0 0
Score : 1442

Shanu2012, your browser doesn't support flash. You should check if your cookies are enabled and adobe flash player is updated.

0 0
Score : 665

I can't figure out how to play it on my iPad :x

0 0
Score : 27364

If you can put Chrome on your iPad it should be able to play it, as it has flash built into it.

0 0
Score : 5967

Won't work on Chrome for iOS. Apple kind of prohibits Flash on iOS, and considers it unfit for mobile. Personally, I think Flash is dying technology. But this just comes from all the talk within a specific game developer community and may not be representative of what's actually happening globally.

In either case, the only way to get Flash on iOS currently is by using browsers which will stream flash content from a remote computer that has the flash. The flash won't be on your device. This means extremely terrible performance even for normal web surfing. And when I tried to log into my Dofus account that way, it immediately told me my account was banned.

(It worked when I went back on my laptop, though).

0 0

Come now, if you are a software programmer you know exactly how to get around that.

I've already talked to a couple people on Solar alone who are happily using the Dofus browser on their iPads.

0 0

Jailbreaking? I don't jailbreak my devices. Let's not go as far as to attack my credibility within my career, please. I don't participate in every possible activity there is to participate in, and therefore cannot be expected to know everything.

0 0

I dunno why you think that is a bad thing, or an attack on your career. All that means is that if the phone breaks later on they won't fix it for you, and given that most problems on phones related to software can be fixed by yourself, all you are doing. And even then, there are some legal programs you can buy which still count as "jailbreaking" but don't even void the apple warranty.

If you don't want to do that, or see if you can buy a legal program that gets you around it, then you simply have accept that you can't play the game that way and there is nothing Ankama can do to change that.

0 0

Well, I don't even know that iOS 8 is able to be jailbroken (given how new it is). If so, it makes getting updates a pain in the rear end. iOS 8.0.2 is still full of bugs and I'm definitely in need of the upcoming updates that will fix those (including 8.1 which will also introduce Apple Pay). Can you get updates while jailbroken? If they can be jailbroken, yes. But it's not something I feel like going through.

Beyond that, the only benefit of it to me is being able to play Dofus on my device (which I can on a laptop anyway) which means it isn't extremely important.

So what I'm doing is accepting that I can't play the game this way. I haven't stated otherwise. I'm simply telling people who use an unbroken iOS version that they won't really be able to play it.

As for Ankama being unable to do something - sure they can. They can make a dedicated iOS and Android app that runs natively on the hardware. And they absolutely should, it's just a big investment of resources. But it certainly should pay off...

The 'attack on my career' part was referring to the "if you're a software programmer, you should know how to..." line. That's often not the best logic to use.

0 0

Nope, that was simply stating that being a software programmer you knew how to get around that issue, and you did. So while it may have been crass, it was correct.

I'm not sure the iPhone market is big enough for a smallish company like Ankama to devote that kind of resources to making an app specifically for Apple iPhones. I don't use smartphones myself, because I am loath to use something I can break into in under 10 minutes, but I would be surprised if Android had those issues since they are more open source than Apple is in terms of making apps and changing the system around.

And by posting that it doesn't work you are (kinda) complaining just a bit. Not really a dig or anything, as it is your right to do so, but it is true.

0 0

I mean, the market is certainly large enough for them to. It's more a matter of whether they can get the app popular enough, I guess.

0 0

It remains to be seen if people are going to give up computers for phones and tablets still, Windows 8 was banking on that happening and it was a failure as an OS, so I think the jury is still out on that.

And if you are a small company like Ankama, you can't just commit a big chunk of your yearly budget on an assumption. They did that last year on that game that they never finished and look where it left them.

0 0

That's the thing. They would have to dedicate a portion of the company and quite a bit of money into making pretty much Dofus all over again in a different language, and would have to support two separate versions of it at the same time.

That's why I've made the suggestion to work with engines such as Unreal or Unity, which allow you to develop one version and bring it to many platforms without rebuilding for each platform.

That in of itself would be quite costly, though, given that they haven't done that. They would have to write the whole game in a new language, learn Unity or Unreal's API, etc.

So it's not super likely that's going to be happening any time soon, sadly.

0 0
Score : 2411

The plug-in is not supported
Samsung galaxy tablet on chrome

0 0
Score : 1077

Runs alright on Macbook pro with Mavericks,2.9ghz i7 and 8gb 1600mhz ram, although i'm using a 13 inch screen here and i have to scroll around to access all the functions of dofus. Please put some css in there to fix that.

0 0
Score : 20

Can't use it one my laptop and my phone

0 0
Score : 4056

I think I'm going to have to subscribe again, I'm getting overwhelmed by an alarming lack of Dofus in my life and playing it on a browser is perfect... biggrin 

0 0
superbroer|2014-10-05 12:13:51
The plug-in is not supported
Samsung galaxy tablet on chrome
Try this. Click here
0 0
Score : 2411

Thanks, will try it out smile

Edit: got flash installed but the message I received was " flash can't write data on your disk!!"

Does anyone know a way around that?

0 0
Score : 1442

Yeah, Superbroer!
I've been waiting for Dofus on an android for so long, so I found a way before it was possible to play it in a browser biggrin I was playing on my Android a few hours after this thread was made haha.
Use Photon Browser. I believe you can get one not only on an android, but also on an iOS. You have to use the lightning bolt icon in the top right corner for the "flash session" to start. It will show you're banned, but that's a bug or something. Or an anti-hack system as you use different IP's everytime you use the browser's "flash session"! It works for me every time now, without errors or anything. All in all - playable. smile

P.S. Restart the browser a few times, It will start working tongue Patience is a virtue or whatever the hell they say biggrin 

0 0
Respond to this thread