FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Breeding 10th generation mounts

By XehanordHeartless - SUBSCRIBER - November 17, 2014, 14:42:27

Okay so I am back to dofus for now and I would like to resume my breeding business. The first thing I noticed after trying to get familiar with the market again was that the breeding item prices have been noticeably increased compared to before. I also heard that it may not be worth it to use private paddocks anymore because of the cost, so I figured I would make a post to ask other fellow breeders of their opinion on breeding 10th generation dts in the public paddocks. So what's your thoughts? Is it worth it or is it a huge time sink compared to private breeding?

0 0
Reactions 8
Score : 15635

I am too lazy to use private paddocks. I just like to leave mounts alone, let their stats grow over 24 hours, then log in the next day to find them ready to go.

Between the amount of attention required, and the cost of either buying paddock items, or the time sink of running dungeons to get mats to build your own I would never use a private paddock.

0 0
Score : 11110

Interesting. Mishna, how long does it take you for a full breeding cycle (birth to birth) ?

0 0
Score : 15635

I usually breed one day per week. So I spend six days birthing last weeks babies, and getting my 250 mounts to full stats. Then when the weekend comes back around they are ready breed again. I can get about 200-300 babies a week using this technique since I use mostly reproductive mounts.

0 0
Score : 3009

Yep, it's like Mishna said. If you want to push it hard, well, go for private ones, but...

Public paddock are designed and balanced so you can have a pregnant female back to full stats and fully rested exactly by the time it gives birth (that applies to any turki of any generation with the exception of Goldens). Private paddocks require a lot of expenses without actually giving you any real advantage.

Personally I use private ones for mating purposes only.

0 0
Score : 2514

I would think breeding high gen mounts would be very slow in the publics. Matter of what equipment you have available I guess.

I'd really suggest at least a small paddock for setting the serenity balance for your mounts. That's the part you have to be around for, and at least you'd only have to buy patters and slappers. Mating your mounts is easier in a private pad as well.

I've done a little of this myself, and while slower than a private paddock, it does have the advantage that you can keep 40 mounts working at one time (10 butts, 10 throwers, 10 mangers, 10 troughs). If you have the patience and keep them busy, I think it would work for you.

0 0
Score : 3009

A small correction to Laz. Bonta and Brak public paddocks are distinct entities and you can have 20 mounts per kind of paddock trained at the same time. Militia/Warriors are no longer agressive so the only problem you might encounter is travelling for Bonta potion won't work on Brakmarian and versa. As Bonta/Brak alignment is pretty much obsolete now and is not required to access closed areas and services, a neutral breeder can have it all without giving up on anything.

0 0
Score : 5973

Public paddocks are great for idle breeding. But I personally like to occupy my time with actively breeding, and private paddocks make this extremely quick and easy. Especially with the new powerful machines. I usually work one stat at a time and if any of the turkeys get overtired without finishing, I swap them out and when I'm ready to log out I throw in all the tired ones I can. By the time I'm back they're usually done unless they're being stubborn.

I guess whatever you choose is based on whether or not you're willing to invest the big up front costs for private breeding. It's certainly easier to get into doing it privately if your guild already has available paddocks that you can use, because that's one large cost that you don't have to worry about. The investments for breeding machines are large, but a large scale operation can cover those costs.

0 0
Score : 512

You will need to use 3 characters to breed about 300 mounts, using only public paddocks,
That is ofc to breed all in one week.

you can full their stats, and get birth in this week, but hard work required.

You need 2-3 checks per day, 30-60 min each check.
and you need to calculate times for stats, between characters, so trading between them is also more beneficial.

It's a good way to make kamas, even some work is required...

good luck

0 0
Respond to this thread