Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Update 2.27: The beta awaits!

By #[Izmar] - ADMIN - February 04, 2015, 15:50:00
Announcements
Reactions 174
Score : 61
nielsso|2015-02-06 16:15:23
the updated masquarade is still useless, hate it still.

XIceNinjaX|2015-02-06 15:58:08
Dear ankama, it is impossible to win against fantastic five fights, King Nidas or Queen of Thieves without masquerade, because you CANNOT outdamage/outheal the damage of the monsters without blitzing them.

Thanks, toppy

I totally agree.
0 0
Score : 147
sioniaskingofsoddomy|2015-02-06 12:44:18

mind if I ask, what is F5? As far as I know it goes up to F4, but i've never heard from F5... (F4 being the whale mobs)

Fantastic 5. A step beyond Frigost 3, where you take on Count Harebourg and either Nileza/Sylargh/Klime?Missiz Freez at the same time + the other mob depending on loot size.

2 Boss effects are in play and to be honest that's one prime example of what I mean when you need to judge the proper time to cast Masquerade. If you mess up, you die (as well as everything else that can go wrong hh).

It is hard enough, take out Masquerade and honestly I don't know what you want us to do (especially vs. Sylargh). Use Treadfast debuff? Lol. Those monsters are a THREAT if you don't kill them fast. Low HP = big damage

Please separate PvP spells and PvM spells if they clash that much. I'd rather learn new PvP tactics than relearn every single end-game dungeon strategy. 
1 0
Here is a first draft of the Beta Changelog.

Please keep in mind that this is not a complete and definitive version, mostly because of yet untranslated names.

But I thought I'd share anyway.
Score : 739

Cool that they're working in some stuff.. but masqueraid is still bad,endgame content and Fantastic Five( Count + another F3 boss) will be impossible, you can easily search for videos in youtube, I don't think there is any team that has done it without masqueraid.

0 0
Score : 5
sioniaskingofsoddomy|2015-02-06 12:44:18
plastini|2015-02-05 21:23:06
Broken in pvm ? please explain me how you're going to beat some hardcore duns like Queen of the Thieves/Vortex or F5 without masqueraid ?
People only ''abuse'' it because it's pretty much the only, probably no other way to beat F5 for e.g.

If you wanna change the spell do it, but at least change those duns too, if we abuse of masqueraid it's because you guys made those dun nearly impossible to beat.

mind if I ask, what is F5? As far as I know it goes up to F4, but i've never heard from F5... (F4 being the whale mobs)
Fantastic five achievment
0 0

^ Yeah, I didn't reply because Capn already did it by the time I checked forum again,sorry!

0 0
Score : 2084

RIP pvm sad sigh................. sad 

0 0
Score : 468

I've been playing on the test server, but the changes to Masq and Enu have seriously affected my will to play on Rushu. Like others have posted, endgame PvM feels impossible. I'm only talking about F3 even. I've recently beaten Nileza, Klime, Sylargh, and they weren't easy for me at all. The only way I can describe it, is as if I am being punched in the gut. sad

0 0
Score : 605

I'm actually happy about the mask changes, no longer will teams who don't play strategically in frig 3 and beyond be able to just bring a mask and iop and smash their face against the keyboard to win. They'll actually have to consider their moves carefully.

1 -1
Score : 2614

The problem I have with the Masquerade change is that it was only Super strong because of damage dealers, mainly Iops and Rogues and Iops and Ecas and Iops.
Iops are still too powerful and useful, and definitely not the glass cannons they were supposed to be(why give them a +vitality spell, a -vitality spell in exchange for damage would make more sense, etc). It's the same deal with Bribery- at endgame you'd heal a decent amount to the monster or boss, and you'd only really capitalize on it if you had an Iop or high damage dealer around. They're not targetting the real source of the problem. :wacko:

Also, there wouldn't be a need for the 'bring an iop/DD and blitz everything' tactic if every boss and half the end-game monsters didn't have KO effects and inverse-HP damage - there isn't much content where a team can play a slower, defensive game.

Finally.. someone brought a good point to me today: it hardly seems fair to people who haven't yet done the most difficult achievements like Fantastic Five won't have Masquerade and Bribery anymore, yet the content itself won't change. mellow 

2 0
chutneypie3|2015-02-07 06:09:02
I'm actually happy about the mask changes, no longer will teams who don't play strategically in frig 3 and beyond be able to just bring a mask and iop and smash their face against the keyboard to win. They'll actually have to consider their moves carefully.
are you serious ..do you even know what is a hardcore content ?

:wacko::wacko::wacko:
0 -1
Score : 139
chutneypie3|2015-02-07 06:09:02
Sadly, it's not a matter of strategy. It's math. There are no very few ways to compensate such loss (35% of the boss' hp).
F3 dungeons were originally created for pg with F2 equipments.
With those changes, even characters with F3 (or better) equipments + exomages will have serious problems to do F3 dungeons.
Hardcore contents will be almost impossible for a large amount of players.
I don't want the end game to be easy for everyone, but it should be at least a possibility for everyone.
The changes should give the possibility to build the team like you want, not to force you to use certain team/characters to win.
Nerf the characters this way is like "make the problem be the same for everyone", not "solve the problem".

A nice change to the mask spell would be a rollback to the previous spell, but make it "single target" with a medium range, instead of a "all mapp-all targets" spell. Or with a circle aoe. This would be strategical, not so broken in pvp, and wouldn't change so much the end game mechanics.

Otherwhise, a nerf of the Dj keepers' hp would be very nice.

Or a change to the mechanics that force you to blitz the Dj keepers to survive them.
1 0
Score : 1225

I also feel the same way as the post above, on the negative alterations mentioned in the dev-blog to particular class spells.
Lessening the overall damage output in fights, creating an incredible amount of difficulty for the player vs environment; level 190+ dungeons and mobs and overcoming the level 200 only dungeons questionably impossible.- In regards to particular achievements in-game.
Currently my Xelor is on almost ten thousand six hundred, minus breeding achievements and a few quests, all that will be left is around 60% of the 190+ dungeon achievements.

There is a great difficulty in selling on Shika - for gathering to gear, after spending extensive time playing towards a certain set; the decision of the changes becomes only one to resent, for much of the higher level content. A sense of the unattainable, is the only thought for players attempting to clear the harder of dimension dungeons and other 200 dungeons; protoz, merk or count.

I fear I will be the only active player left on Shika to clear Vortex, now that my friend Clive-winslett has set up shop, In response to the difficulty that will emerge, if the spell changes are put into place.
Personally not looking forward to the changes on the Synchro spell, without the high damage and no spells with means to prevent damage, or avoid damage at long range. I had noticed the attributes of the Xelor class was moved to damage, though the Synchro spell not having the endurance to remain more then two to four turns. A high level of damage will no longer be visable.

Against high damaging attacks, the activation of the Synchro can be easily disrupted, through gravity, moving the Xelor or Synchro or reducing the Xelors mp, the damage of the class may be too scarce to add aid to a battle. Particularly for the dungeons mentioned.
The chances of obtaining the hardest of achievements will be too and far between. To exemplify: I had barely completed shadow duo most recently, as full agility in Qot and Vortex gear and with my own iop as 12/5 using wrath, SoF and Synchro. -including weapon damage and low ap attack spells. without it, the damage output would not of been enough.

Adore the look of the new dungeon in the Treechnid forest, cannot wait to get stuck in to the quests and new monsters once the release hits the servers outside of beta.

1 0
Score : 3

It's becoming more and more apparent as the updates progress that you guys don't play your own game.

0 0
Score : 6

Probably that spell must be changed. but this is not the way..

But what you all think about the "DECREASING DIFFICULTY LEVEL OF THE LEVEL 200 DUNGEONS"?!?!?

0 0
Score : 4519

If a great amount of content is impossible without old Masquerade, that just shows how the old Masquerade was broken. That is "forcing people to buy class changing potions" as people complain.

If this is the case, it will become apparent and developers will of course make changes to ensure people can still beat the dungeons with enough effort.

0 0
Score : 139

The changes should be made within the mask change, not (maybe) after.
Otherwise what should people do meanwhile, farm for runes? oh, well...

0 0

Exactly...

Not to be rude but it's kinda upsetting that some people without any knowledge of hardcore content post stuff like how the spell is broken, like all you have to do is cast masqueraid and it's insta-win...
Masqueraid doesn't make it easy, makes it possible.

I'm sure that most of people would love not use the same cliche team(iop,eni,panda,masq) for those duns, but sadly it's the most effective, and in some cases the only possible team to win, please go to youtube and type: Dofus Count + Sylargh.
If you think there is another way to beat this double boss fight without masqueraid,please enlighten us silly PvMs with your amazing skills.

0 0
Score : 27373
Not to be rude but it's kinda upsetting that some people without any knowledge of hardcore content post stuff like how the spell is broken, like all you have to do is cast masqueraid and it's insta-win...
It's better to ignore them, they usually don't know what they are talking about to being with, and it is never wise to engage ignorance in any discussion of merit.

I fully understand and share your annoyance at this, which I saw coming a few days ago when this new broke fresh-off-the-press, but expecting the Dofus equivalent of an FNG to understand what is happening is unlikely. The best advice is to get all your people through the content before the update, and then move on to other stuff.

I doubt for a second Ankama hasn't considered that this will make endgame content impossible for people who don't have MC friends or the ability to run their own team, and if they want to exclude those players it isn't our place to disagree. That will just make the mats more expensive, the ornaments more exclusive, and will once more widen the gap between us and them. I see nothing wrong with any of those things.
0 0
Score : -201

Newsflash, end-game content IS already impossible to those who solo and do not have MC friends. Nothing will change on that aspect... What this nerfing will do is make the power gap between MC and SC smaller, therefore making it posible for Ankama to lower the end-game difficulty. Once Ankama see's that both MC and SC are having difficulty doing those contents, then they can lower the difficulty. Right now, MC can steamroll thru those contents so there is no need to lower the difficulty for the SC.

1 0
Respond to this thread