FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Dofus 1.29 - 2.0, Dofus 2.29 - 3.0?

By AlphaUnit February 14, 2015, 18:15:49

If my logic is correct, and if I remember correctly, the update after 1.29 was when Dofus hit 2.0. So, does this mean that when 2.29 launches, we wait a month after for the lanuch of 3.0 (Explains the delay in the 2015 roadmap I hope).
If this is true, we're just about to hit 2.27 on 17th Tues 2015, 3.0 is just around the corner.

I simply made this thread hoping to get awnsers, but also to make a simple discussions and hear peoples suggestions/hope IF 3.0 gets launched in a few months time. Or is this just me being far too hasty and it's possible for the 2.XX era to go further then 2.29?
What's your hopes for 3.0 if it does get launched?

I'm still waiting for animated movement in fights (like wakfu) so the game feels more "alive".

0 0
Reactions 20
Score : 2419

No it won't become 3.0 for another while, it's been something that I've also been thinking about as a possibility but I've come to the realization that Dofus 1 existed for about 6-7 years or so and Dofus 2.0 only for 4/5 years.

We simply have had more updates on Dofus 2.0 and that's the only reason why we are on 2.27, there's no other reason to it. We could reach 2.50 and still have no signs of 3.0.

0 0
Score : 2278

At this point in time, there's not much they can actually change which could make that big of a leap to 3.0
Once some new technology comes out or a new advanced engine comes out, then we will probably get 3.0 but my guess is that Dofus 2 still has around 5 more years before it actually upgrades to 3.0

0 0
Score : 3045

2.0 was a major technology upgrade for 1.x client was a patchwork of obsolete AS1/AS2 scripts, and much faster and much more potent, yet incompatible AS3 was around for a bit at that time. AS3 is still there, it seem to suffice, and major upgrade (to something else like Unity3D of their Wakfu engine) is a big deal of work with no apparent reason to it.

0 0
Score : -228

What is next to 2.29, that would be 2.30....the number could go up to as much as you could count until Ankama change the game to a new version... it could go up to 2.65365365436436536246+++++++

0 0
Score : 606

Dofus 3.0 destroy the black boxes around the client that I expect from a game from 2003. I know that would mean they would have to stop using static images.

1 -1

If those black boxes weren't there, the aspect ratio would be so dodgy and the game would look so distorted. The cells would also thicker but not taller which would look a bit funny.

0 0

There is a way to remove those black boxes without deforming the aspect ratio... By extending the images so that those black boxes would be showing the borders of the next map... Unfortunately, that would require a lot of work and maybe a new game client/system (Dofus 3.0).

0 0
Score : 6190

3.0 will be when they actually use voices for npc's (when doing qquests) biggrin 

0 0

I'm afraid we'll only be able to listen to French speaking NPC's, and not English.

0 0
clarkymark|2015-02-15 20:17:18
3.0 will be when they actually use voices for npc's (when doing qquests) biggrin
Oh god no
0 0

Yes please! the idea sounds like music to my ears smile 

0 0
Score : 888

I'd prefer if they did short sound effects like they do in Wakfu at the start of a sentence.

Yhough all I'm waiting for is a rework on the AP/MP system and for the environment to look alive. I honestly would be glad if they use the engine in Wakfu for 3.0 (but more Dofus looking). The game feels dead as hardly anything moves.

0 0
Score : 27367

You do understand in asking for this you may get the same problem people faced when they moved from 1.0 to 2.0? The engine may be really powerful and it may make playing it on anything but computers with dedicated graphics cards impossible. This would mean a bunch of people wouldn't be able to play it again, because not everyone has computers with such a feature, and it may hinder using third party applications like Skype or the internet while playing the game.

If something like this turned out to be the case, would you still push for 3.0 as hard?

(This is a gross exaggeration of course, but I am trying to push the point.)

0 0

Am I the only person who absolutely loves the square cell type screens and the movement from one to another? Believe it or not, this is one of my top 3 reasons as to why I love Dofus.

1 0

You are not the only one... I get disoriented with a free moving one-map system. A map/cell system is easier for me to not get lost.

1 0
Score : 3915

Dofus got "square cell type screens", and Wakfu got "a free moving one-map system", right? Does that mean Wakfu require more specs on the graphic card than Dofus does? As in using more memory or something. So on a below average old computer with no maintenance and unstable internet, playing Wakfu could be laggy right?

I think I am correct in thinking this way. I just want to be sure. Of course this is probably why I never got into Wakfu.

0 0

Probably....
I can play 4 Dofus client on my $200 laptop while I crash every 5 minutes in just 1 Wakfu client.

0 0
Score : 888

Thinking back on this thread I made, I seriously doubt we'll hit 3.0 any year sooner.

Dofus recently just got on the browsers, and it's horrible to run Dofus on a browser. What'd be the point in making 3.0?

0 0
Score : 27367

Outside of the fact that you cannot use multiple clients on the browser, and the fact that the first time you play there is a lot of loading as it adds various areas to the cache, what is the difference that makes it so horrible?

0 0
Respond to this thread